• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Should have listened to people like me. I try to warn everyone that FC3 is just another ubisoft open world game.

As much as I love AssCreed, even I was glad when I was done with Far Cry 3. I do plan to smash through Blood Dragon at some point, but after FC3 proper that was the last thing I wanted to do, haha.

Ensirius

It should be, it has the Steam logo.

Go on your page, you should see a link to view the steam key at the very top. They offer DRM free copies as well, but that's not the only download option.

That's correct. I was just looking for the steam logo, when there was a huge link at the top asking to click to redeem Steam key.

Danielsan

So is Deponia worth playing? I vaguely remember watching a quick look and being impressed by the game's looks, but cringing at the voice acting and writing.

I have, sitting in my cart:

Kerbal Space Program
The Wolf Among Us
Nether
Sleepy Dawgz DLC Collection
Far Cry 3 Deluxe Upgrade

I'll grab the DLC no matter what, but I'm debating the other three. Anyone have any input? I loved The Walking Dead, but got burned badly by the save bug.

Kerbal Space Program
The Wolf Among Us
Nether
Far Cry 3 Deluxe Upgrade

I'll grab the DLC no matter what, but I'm debating the other three. Anyone have any input? I loved The Walking Dead, but got burned badly by the save bug.

The Wolf Among Us is great, but since there's only one episode yet we don't know if the game will suffer from the same bug as TWD.

Derrick01

Banned
Wish I'd seen what you had to say about it. You were basically spot on with Tomb Raider.

The good thing about Far Cry 3 is that I can take one of my really long criticisms of Assassin's Creed 3 or 4, change a few words here and there, and re-post it and have it be 100% accurate.

hohoXD123

Kerbal Space Program
The Wolf Among Us
Nether
Far Cry 3 Deluxe Upgrade

Could try using Gamesave Manager to backup your saves just in case, not sure if people had much success using that with TWD though.

Thanks a bunch for qube hohoxd123 :D

Enjoy!

Mildudon

ModBot said:
Instructions for Mildudon:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-C949C6A4F38F9AE1 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

JaseC

The good thing about Far Cry 3 is that I can take one of my really long criticisms of Assassin's Creed 3 or 4, change a few words here and there, and re-post it and have it be 100% accurate.

"So conceptually similar is Far Cry 3 to previous Ubisoft games that I wrote this review by changing merely a few words. Thank you, Ubisoft, for making my job easier."
~ Derrick01

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Does anyone ever remove the lines that say Instructions for You and "You can remove these lines from the version you paste"?

Could try using Gamesave Manager to backup your saves just in case, not sure if people had much success using that with TWD though.
True. What double-fucked me was that I made the biggest mistake ever in, when I got the error about the Episode not being present/unlocked/whatever, uninstalled and reinstalled the game through Steam. This, apparently, disassociates the saves from the profile? The saves basically became meaningless because the save profile didn't know to look for them.

It was all kinds of fucked up. The only way I got around it took hours, and it just made shit up for all my previous decisions.

You also don't think AC4 is good.

No, nobody should ever listen to you.
I don't begrudge people their opinions of games, but the frequency with which I have to read everything modern get called the equivalent of hornets stinging your genitals makes me laugh.

On the upside, Derrick has become my tastemaker. If he hates a game, I will probably like it, and if he loves a game, I'll probably like it. It's basically win/win, as long as his disdain isn't rooted in technical failure.

Milamber

I didn't get MG:R cause there might be even more awesome deals over the coming week. Now that it went up in price, I am having some deep regrets.

Has Kerbal ever been any cheaper than it is right now? I've been waiting forever to get that game and might just pull the trigger now that its a Flash sale.

JakeD

has anyone ever pre-ordered something digitally from gamefly before? do they email you when the steam key is ready?

hohoXD123

What else should I get besides QUBE? 9.03m looks interesting.

https://groupees.com/hh

Yup, that's the one I got. Seems to be a 15-20 minute game but the experience is great apparently. Will load it up in a bit.

True. What double-fucked me was that I made the biggest mistake ever in, when I got the error about the Episode not being present/unlocked/whatever, uninstalled and reinstalled the game through Steam. This, apparently, disassociates the saves from the profile? The saves basically became meaningless because the save profile didn't know to look for them.

It was all kinds of fucked up. The only way I got around it took hours, and it just made shit up for all my previous decisions.

I don't begrudge people their opinions of games, but the frequency with which I have to read everything modern get called the equivalent of hornets stinging your genitals makes me laugh.

On the upside, Derrick has become my tastemaker. If he hates a game, I will probably like it, and if he loves a game, I'll probably like it. It's basically win/win, as long as his disdain isn't rooted in technical failure.

Well now you know not to do that :p I would take the chance with TWAU, first episode is great imo and the series looks promising.

Derrick01

Banned
You also don't think AC4 is good.

No, nobody should ever listen to you.

Well of course I don't, there's no value to the game at all. It's a bunch of automatic mechanics and junk loot spread out around the world to serve as the game's "exploration" when it's really just more bar filling. Who would like that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ack I missed a giveaway for a game I dont actually own vadernoooooooo.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
AoE2 expansion is probably going to be my only purchase this sale. Maybe I'll finally grab New Vegas if it goes 75% off. Would have gotten the Deus Ex Director's Cut upgrade but the sale price is all screwed up, it costs more now than it did off sale.

All UbiSoft games seem to be hitting the same notes these days. Although I haven't placed AC:IV myself so I can't actually judge that.

Has Kerbal ever been any cheaper than it is right now? I've been waiting forever to get that game and might just pull the trigger now that its a Flash sale.

I think I bought it for something like $11 back in July. Maybe I'm misremembering. I tried looking through my purchase history but I bought a bunch of stuff at the same time I bought Kerbal so it only tells me the total of all the items together.

edit: apparently not.

Knurek

Well of course I don't, there's no value to the game at all. It's a bunch of automatic mechanics and junk loot spread out around the world to serve as the game's "exploration" when it's really just more bar filling. Who would like that?

Derrick01 is from Mars, modern videogames are from Venus

Well now you know not to do that :p I would take the chance with TWAU, first episode is great imo and the series looks promising.
Alright, thanks for the input. It's slowly pushing me over the edge.

Apparently millions of people, much to your chagrin.

As much as I love AssCreed, even I was glad when I was done with Far Cry 3. I do plan to smash through Blood Dragon at some point, but after FC3 proper that was the last thing I wanted to do, haha.

Unless you had it up to your neck with FC3, Blood Dragon's Ubisoft open-worldiness is done fairly succinctly in comparison. It almost feels fresh. Almost

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Uh.

I do.
I love collect-a-thons, if done right.

JaseC

Unless you had it up to your neck with FC3, Blood Dragon's Ubisoft open-worldiness is done fairly succinctly in comparison. It almost feels fresh. Almost

Almost isn't enough. :p I'll probably get around to it at some point between Watch_Doggies and AssCreed Whatever.

Millions of people listen to justin bieber too so it makes sense. The bar just keeps going down, in every form of entertainment I guess.
Well, I can see this is going to be an unproductive conversation if we're already going down the "Well, shitty things are popular too" route.

And at some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the Dutch.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world -- people who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
In some ways the Beatles were the Justin Biebers of their time.
Don't make me angry. You don't like me when i'm angry.

Still nauseous from that "he's like a young Frank Sinatra" comment at the Oscars two years ago :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom