• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Millions of people also still listen to The Beatles, Pink Floyd, etc.

Or play Dota2, a game D. deems uninteresting with too much gameplay. It's pretty much arbitrary what he likes (Uncharted Golden Abyss vs Tomb Raider is another one, or GTA5) so I've given up trying to understand.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wish I could not only delete Proteus from ever having existed on my computer, but I wish I could localize the neurons responsible for the purchase, installation and memory of the game and wipe those out too. Pretense, thy visage is a flat, ugly, barely interactive one. Fuck that game so hard. I want my 3 bucks back so I can give them to a heroin addict. He'd deserve it more.

Dingotech

Wish I could not only delete Proteus from ever having existed on my computer, but I wish I could localize the neurons responsible for the purchase, installation and memory of the game and wipe those out too. Pretense, thy visage is a flat, ugly, barely interactive one. Fuck that game so hard. I want my 3 bucks back so I can give them to a heroin addict. He'd deserve it more.

Fuck I lol'd hard. XD

Purkake4

Banned
Then you'd just buy it again. You need a tattoo for that, bro.

derExperte

Didn't you know what it is going in? I like the colors.

Dr Dogg

The good thing about Far Cry 3 is that I can take one of my really long criticisms of Assassin's Creed 3 or 4, change a few words here and there, and re-post it and have it be 100% accurate.

To be fair you could probably add Watch_Dogs to that list despite comments saying that it won't have the usual jank. Ubi also said they optimised for more than 2 cores so take that as you will. I've got a sneaking suspicion that The Division and The Crew are going to be even more collectothon, checklist centric. Being online focused they got to keep folks coming back over and over again.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Then you'd just buy it again. You need a tattoo for that, bro.

Lol. Would be worth it.

Didn't you know what it is going in? I like the colors.

Nope. Saw it had some positive reviews and Steam sale purchase bug got me. Didn't know shit about it. Played it for about 5 minutes, then windowed out to see if I was missing something. Nope. That's it. Move around and listen to some MIDI music and look at a moving screen saver. SUPER NEATO!

Anteater

hmm, Alice's combat is really cool, even though some of the weapons are really basic, it's a lot of fun, enemies seem pretty decent too and they do demand you to use all of your skills.

I wish there's aerial combat though since you already have an air dodge.

For some reason the game reminds me of DmC of all things, maybe because the dodge kind of resembles angel dodge :lol, then there are the puppet looking enemies and similar hit sound effect.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair you could probably add Watch_Dogs to that list despite comments saying that it won't have the usual jank. Ubi also said they optimised for more than 2 cores so take that as you will. I've got a sneaking suspicion that The Division and The Crew are going to be even more collectothon, checklist centric. Being online focused they got to keep folks coming back over and over again.

Well after Far Cry 3s success Ubisoft did say they had found their formula for their games. I love Black Flag because of the whole pirate setting, boat fights etc so it's more of an excuse to go about the world but I do wish their was more an air of mystery about the exploration.

Yanksfan

Anybody played Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia? How they compare to Deponia?

How odd, the entire reason I came here was to get opinions on Deponia (the first game). I didn't expect the first post I see to be in regards to the series.

Anyone have thoughts? I am a big P&C fan.

It has been 2.49 before though. I got Kotor 1 & 2 during a steam sale last year or the year before for $5.

Yea, you are right. It released on August 23rd, 2012.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8713/

Divius

Today I got my Coffee later than you it seems. But that's because I've been fixing my sleep schedule. By the way, guess who was watching the Credits of Dark Souls yesterday? :D
Yeah I noticed, congrats! Hope that final boss didn't give you too much trouble.

Divius

Guess what guys, I 'finished' FEZ

F7992B719905FA7D737F9610005141C9A1D03BF9

Absolutely loved it. The backtracking in the end wasn't as bad I imagined and I still have no idea how to figure out most of the keys to the puzzles. :|

gngf123

How odd, the entire reason I came here was to get opinions on Deponia (the first game). I didn't expect the first post I see to be in regards to the series.

As normal with P&C adventures for me, I found a few of the puzzles to be just a little too obtuse for my liking.

Outside of that, I loved it.

I still have no idea how to figure out most of the keys to the puzzles. :|

Welcome to Fez.

Arthea

I feel the thread needs some lively character, so here

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Robin Hood The Legend of Sherwood -- MB-CE16DE7F8293DC30 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.

t1387722209z1.png

The_Monk

Yeah I noticed, congrats! Hope that final boss didn't give you too much trouble.

Thank you fellow GAFfer. I died some times but like any other Monk, I managed to craft my path and found my way.

I had much more trouble with some others Bosses. The last one from the Abyss DLC was crazy and Sif was one of the most difficult to me.

Arkanius

Guess what guys, I 'finished' FEZ

Absolutely loved it. The backtracking in the end wasn't as bad I imagined and I still have no idea how to figure out most of the keys to the puzzles. :|

Have you finished with the True Ending?
Also lose hope trying to figure the Black Monoholith
No one has found the solution through a non bruteforce method

Arthea

It depends, it can be frustrating at times, as overstating obvious and not giving enough clues where these are needed, but I like style and overall nonseriousness.

Dr Dogg

Well after Far Cry 3s success Ubisoft did say they had found their formula for their games. I love Black Flag because of the whole pirate setting, boat fights etc so it's more of an excuse to go about the world but I do wish their was more an air of mystery about the exploration.

Well there are people that like the elements they have added to certain franchises and judging by the sales of each it seams they could be the the majority as well. While I might find it mind numbly tedious to essentially check off lists there's 10s of thousands of people that play mmos for precisely that point. I just wish that Ubi wouldn't try and cram it into every single franchise of theirs.

wildfire

Banned
I hope people are voting for Paranautical Activity to have the next daily discount.

It's kind of funny it was only this year I started playing roguelikes and apparently I missed out on an entire genre. It's even funnier that up until this year no other FPS game with roguelike games existed. After looking at all of them I definitely like PA's monster design the most. They are pulling off making enemies that act like ones you would find in old school platformers but in a 3D plane.

It doesn't even concern me that the game is lacking multiplayer for now. The weapons and powerups look more distinct and situational than the others and I'm chomping at the bit for more FPS that plays more like Quake than CS.

Derrick01

Banned

Yup I fully expect watch dogs to be the same, they were showing a lot of the game before its delay and it looked just like a modern AC game. There was a demo of him taking on an outpost that lights up everything on the map in the nearby area when it's taken out (sound familiar?) and there were examples of a few bar filling elements like wi fi hot spots that need to be hacked to open up every hackable object in the area and using cameras to spy on people's homes. Not to mention the "random" muggings which lead to the same chase sequence every time.

Their always online DRM games are going to be much worse. I expect those games to be so repetitive they'll make The Old Republic's quests look unique.

gngf123

Did I miss any explanation for it? Or is it just a matter of trying to figure out
what symbols and what vibrations (lol) match which keys
?

I feel like I've missed like half the game and 90% of the puzzles.

There are explanations on the walls for some of the symbols, but one certain set of symbols is solved in a way that really isn't all that obvious.
Keep an eye out for a certain lazy dog.

Figuring out that much is just the beginning, though.

Divius

Thank you fellow GAFfer. I died some times but like any other Monk, I managed to craft my path and found my way.

I had much more trouble with some others Bosses. The last one from the Abyss DLC was crazy and Sif was one of the most difficult to me.
Yeah,
Gwyn
isn't that hard compared to other parts of the game. He's somewhat similar to
Artorias
in manner of aggression and speed. Glad you made it though! Now you can check out NG+ and/or visit some of the (hidden) areas you might have missed!

Have you finished with the True Ending?
Also lose hope trying to figure the Black Monoholith
No one has found the solution through a non bruteforce method
I doubt it, but it would not surprise me that there are multiple endings.

Haunted

Anybody played Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia? How they compare to Deponia?
I thought they were less charming, with the second one especially feeling more like a stopgap measure between two "proper" games (but maybe that's just the fate of the middle part of a trilogy).

I think the first one is by far the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom