• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Why do I have 150 games installed?
KuGsj.gif

It sounds suspiciously close to number of my unfinished games. Does it answer your question? :)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Assuming you already have the Uplay client downloaded and installed, you should find an 'Activate Product' option hiding (unintuitively) in its settings menu (the gear icon in the top-right corner).

Open Uplay

Wait five minutes for a useless update

Click on that gear icon on the top-right

Activate Product

Finally got back home....there is no Activate Product option in settings menu. I hate Uplay. The only options from the drop down menu are:

Account Information
Edit Avatar
Settings
Release Notes
About Uplay
Go Offline
Change User

Am I missing something?

Haunted

Is Legend of Dungeon really good that people want it?
As far as this most recent wave of randomly generated dungeon crawling rogue-likes goes... it's bottom tier.

I'd take Hack, Slash, Loot, Teleglitch, Risk of Rain or Sword of the Stars: The Pit over it.

Yanksfan

It has probably already been mentioned, but since there is some Deponia discussion going on the last few pages, if you buy the trilogy, it is cheaper right now to do so individually ($16.97) rather buying the bundle ($23).

ZeroCoin

Great to know, it might be a better experience during the Halloween but any time is good. It's also a game that it's not for everyone. Many will not enjoy the game or the story. I think it was quite clever to be honest.

After seeing it on a giant bomb quick look I was sold on it. Hoping to see those dollars stretched a little further, but 50% will work.

Phinor

Finally got back home....there is no Activate Product option in settings menu. I hate Uplay. The only options from the drop down menu are:

Account Information
Edit Avatar
Settings
Release Notes
About Uplay
Go Offline
Change User

Am I missing something?

Yes, above Account Information you should have Activate Product as the first option in the dropdown menu.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Account Information
Edit Avatar
Settings
Release Notes
About Uplay
Go Offline
Change User

Am I missing something?

You're not trying to activate a key from within one of the individualised instances of Uplay that launch when you run an Ubisoft game from Steam, are you?

woke up today, voted, got a snowglobe foil and had a Pit foil from idling. nice. :b After selling, should have enough for both legend of dungeon and deponia, which of course both have cards as well....argh what a cycle.hhmmm what tto do

I'm probably the only person in the world who hasn't bought sleeping dogs, so I'm leaning towards getting the complete package. That deal is around for some time yet, so I can ponder it, do not want to go too overboard.

Sullichin

Actually put off by the fact that Legend of Dungeon is a rougelike with generated dungeons and permadeath. I feel like Rogue Legacy scratched that itch already...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lets post our computer/laptop specs
iZzERBPimu0ds.png

I could overclock this before but a Nvidia update broke MSI Nvidia Overclock and havent cared to look for a solution.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
You're not trying to activate a key from within one of the individualised instances of Uplay that launch when you run an Ubisoft game from Steam, are you?

No...yes. Are you implying that there is more than one version of Uplay? What was Ubisoft thinking?

Sigh, where do I go to find the actually useful Uplay client?

Alex

Tempted to buy Sir, you are being hunted. Is it worth it at 40% off the usual price?

I've heard good things, apparently a lot of fun and most succinctly described as a single player DayZ. I'm not sure I want any more early access kit right now though, googling around it looks like they're adding co-op to it, that's probably when I'll bite, that'd be a blast.

I finished 3 of those, and actually enjoyed 2 :(

I don't think Blades of Time is really that bad.
Even finished it on the 360, which has much worse performance.

Playing through Guacamelee.
I got the dimension-shift ability and well I think my 360 controller is boned. The R-trigger acts on its own after being pressed.
*sigh*

After selling off 61 cards, I now have an incredible $10.98. That's right. One crisp Alex Ham', with nearly enough left over for a Mr. George Washington. I'll never forget you guys even though that I've struck it rich. Stay warm in the poor house.

JaseC

I could use more space:

hddsr2sc7.jpg

The 807GB free is essentially just wasted space since I'd only use it if I did a major organisational reshuffle (I don't actually have terabytes of gifs ;)). The other drives sorely need to be replaced with the next rung up, though.

No...yes. Are you implying that there is more than one version of Uplay? What was Ubisoft thinking?

Sigh, where do I go to find the actually useful Uplay client?

It's installed alongside the game launcher. C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe.

Zafir

Giving away the Square Enix games I got from that box, I already had them all, and so did my friends, lol.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider -- MB-25E53238B7F6A9EC - Taken by Kanokare. 50 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-C9662337976D04A0 - Taken by runnin_blue. 14 entrants total.
Hitman: Blood Money -- MB-4D04A92BFB5FF93D - Taken by KenOD. 21 entrants total.
Dungeon Siege III -- MB-D721E80412FC2FC5 - Taken by UncleO. 23 entrants total.

t1387734990z1.png

Hope I've done this okay, first time using ModBot.

The_Monk

I'm just thinking that I might try a new playthrough of Dark Souls now....

BROTHER

i got this on GOG as something to play for halloween. i put about 45 minutes into it and couldn't really get into it. it had a few great jump scares, cool art and great atmostphere, but i feel it took the "figure it out on your own" thing a bit too far. i feel like the majority of the time was spent wandering around the woods with no clue what to do next or how to get back to the house.

i'm going to give it another shot, though

Yes, it's like I said, it's a game to might not work with everyone and the reason is exactly what you wrote. I hope you can give it a second chance, who knows, it might "click" this time around. If not, no harm done. ;)

After seeing it on a giant bomb quick look I was sold on it. Hoping to see those dollars stretched a little further, but 50% will work.

Nice, make sure to leave some impressions in case you end up getting it!

JaseC

I wish the bundle contained a key for Commandos: Strike Force. Bring it back to Steam, Squeenix.

Zafir

I wish the bundle contained a key for Commandos: Strike Force. Bring it back to Steam, Squeenix.
Least it would have been something I didn't own!

I was hoping for Final Fantasy VII since I never bought it on Steam. I mean you would have expected them to give at least one Final Fantasy, it being their title franchise. Instead I've ended up just buying it from the Steam sale.

zreese

Neo Member
I immediately regret buying Legend of Dungeon. I'm a big rougelike fan and a big brawler fan, and this game combines the worst of both genres.

kudoboi

Emphasis on this. If Q.U.B.E still wins the vote, then the community votes will have reached a new level of ignorance.

or the general community do not know that it is in a bundle. i have tons of friends who think humble bundle are the only game bundle out there

I have never played GTA. I am very casual gamer. How is sleeping dog? Does is it have many side activities ( sports, driving?) I might buy one from this sale under 5 and this looks like the one so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom