• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Yes, but it was a daily so it was cheaper. Might as well wait until it gets back to that price/flash.

It's a daily right now for 3.74
Was a flash at the start of the sale.

As for if CS:GO is a buy I have to agree that it is especially at 3.74.
I was playing it earlier this year and was having fun with it even though I sucked.

I'm waiting for GRID 2 to be part of a daily/flash sale. While I wait, can anyone recommend a good adapter so I can use my wireless 360 controller on my PC?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still haven't gotten a crate to drop in GO and I've put in 2-4 hours a week sporadically. :/

I'm wondering if those are tied to Operation Bravo, which I don't own.

Jawmuncher

Jørdan;94455010 said:
£3, you'll make back from item drops rather quickly. CS:GO paid for all the games and gifts purchases during the Autumn sale.

Do the drops have anything to do with your rank when a match ends?
I played a good bit after they added the patch for drops and never got a damn thing.
But I was always sucking and near the bottom of every game. Once I got to the middle which was the highlight of my CS:GO career.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I still haven't gotten a crate to drop in GO and I've put in 2-4 hours a week sporadically. :/

I got 2 items for playing around 3 hours, a case and a weapon worth 0.03. Can't complain really, the case got me The Dig.

bakeray

Yeah, someone else told me you can make the money back in crates pretty quick and I love FPS so I went ahead and got it. thanks guys.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I could use more space:

hddsr2sc7.jpg

The 807GB free is essentially just wasted space since I'd only use it if I did a major organisational reshuffle (I don't actually have terabytes of gifs ;)). The other drives sorely need to be replaced with the next rung up, though.

I think you're getting to fistful levels of obsession Jase C :)

It's installed alongside the game launcher. C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe.

Much obliged!

oipic, Phinor,

Thanks for the asistance with navigating Uplay.

derExperte,

Herzlichen Dank

Omega

Banned
Do the drops have anything to do with your rank when a match ends?
I played a good bit after they added the patch for drops and never got a damn thing.
But I was always sucking and near the bottom of every game. Once I got to the middle which was the highlight of my CS:GO career.

no

if anything, I feel like I got better drops when I was at the bottom of the scoreboard every match.

As for CS, I paid $5 for it and I've made close to $90. could have made more but foolishly took my chances buying keys for crates.

Noticed FFVIII went to 33% off when FFVII became the Deal of the Day. Should I bite? It just seems unlikely that another Final Fantasy game will get a DotD slot on a different day of the sale.

Jørdan

Try playing a little more if you can, ( a little each day is best) sounds like your not reaching the time played threshold for the drops. Are you receiving weapon skin drops? The Bravo pass gives you additional Bravo crates but you should still be eligible for the normal crate drops.

KKRT00

Was there Borderlands 2 DLC or GOTY edition sale already?

And does how it work, when i buy GOTY edition when i already had vanilla game? Do i just get all DLC applied or its new game instance in Library?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jørdan;94455319 said:
Try playing a little more if you can, ( a little each day is best) sounds like your not reaching the time played threshold for the drops. Are you receiving weapon skin drops? The Bravo pass gives you additional Bravo crates but you should still be eligible for the normal crate drops.

No, no drops. Nothing.

I've even been sitting in GOTV to get the audience participation crate, but nothing.

I've won a game or two so thought I'd give back..Hopefully someone wants this. Think I'm almost a member (295 posts?) but, Where my Juniors at???

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

bit trip runner -- MB-5D7889A2F0922623 - Taken by The Red Wizard

Derrick01

Banned
Seems like half the time I try to start Dragon Commander it freezes on a black screen. Lovely start to this game...

edit: Doing that verify integrity of cache thing and it's taking forever. 5 minutes in and it's only 24% done.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
After two years of Steam sales, my 500GB HDD is full.

How do I sort installed games by disk size?

I forget what the views are called, but the leftmost one gives you a nice spreadsheet style with size on disk as a column option.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
After two years of Steam sales, my 500GB HDD is full.

How do I sort installed games by disk size?

Man, I'm over a TB in installed Steam games. I might just delete some instead of keeping 95% of my games installed.

I use a free program called WinDirStat.

Was there Borderlands 2 DLC or GOTY edition sale already?

There hasn't been a daily sale yet, as far as I know. I have a gift copy of the vanilla game that I won a couple days back, but I haven't decided whether I'm going to keep it or regift it in a giveaway if the GOTY goes on sale.

Necrovex

My friend got me FFVII and The Wolf Among Us today for X-mas presents. I am waiting for Alice to go back on sale, so I can complete his X-mas shopping which involved Sleepy Dogs and Age of Empire II HD.

Jørdan

No, no drops. Nothing.

I've even been sitting in GOTV to get the audience participation crate, but nothing.

Damn, that is unlucky. If you are connected to a VAC secured server you should be receiving them. Maybe the playtime is not enough to trigger them, I would increase that played over the week rather than in one or two days to see if that helped. Playing an hour or so each day has them dropping for me regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom