• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Now I just remember why I don't like buying games on my Xbox....went to go buy a $10 and I had $10.05 in my account and I didn't have enough money because of taxes, since when did they include tax in purchases and why won't they tell you the overall amount when you buy the game?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Now I just remember why I don't like buying games on my Xbox....went to go buy a $10 and I had $10.05 in my account and I didn't have enough money because of taxes, since when did they include tax in purchases and why won't they tell you the overall amount when you buy the game?

try changing your address to a state that doesn't have sales tax (Oregon).

hmm might pick up GO for real this sale. Has been eyeing me for some time and seems Valve managed to make it the definitive CS this year.

Zafir

I always thought every US store didn't show you tax till the final stages due to all the states having different tax percentages?

EU stores are different in that respect, the price you see always includes VAT. That said we pay a whole lot more VAT.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Blades of Time is actually a decent game.
The others... yeah.

I'd say DNF is decent also -- the hodgepodge of classic FPS game design and modern flourishes (like QTEs) is oddly endearing. Gearbox increasing the weapon carry limit its god-awful default of 2 to 4 was a nice touch, but it should have just been ditched entirely.

C4rter

Two steam keys I had lying around. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Binary Domain -- MB-4009AEEB97A0DE87
Death Rally -- MB-59065B89137AA876

t1387736024z1.png

Cheddahz

Banned
I always thought every US store didn't show you tax till the final stages due to all the states having different tax percentages?

They didn't show me the overall amount, at all. When I went to go check out, I had plenty of money for the product, but when I went to go buy the game, I was told I didn't have the amount for the estimated tax

Turfster

I'd say DNF is decent also. Gearbox increasing the weapon carry limit its god-awful default of 2 to 4 was a nice touch, but it should have just been ditched entirely.

Well, okay, I managed to keep playing DNF until the end, so I'll give you that. The hodgepodge of random bad designs choices from the last decade could get really painful at times, though.

legacyzero

Banned
Legend of Dungeon is MINNNNE
Hahaha you make it sound like an anti-social simulator. Or a regular night out in Glasgow.

Same shit as DayZ, really. Seems like nobody wants to work together. I at least make an attempt to try and partner up, or something like that. But I will straight up MURDER somebody whom I know is guilty. (Did I use "WHOM" right, there?

Anteater

i already own all those games :p still need to play infite thought

Give Binary Domain a try, someone is doing a giveaway on this page, but I heard mouse/keyboard controls suck though so you'd need a controller handy for it, but if you like something like gears of war you'll probably find it decent. I'm having fun with it so far.

yogloo

It's funny how I keep delaying my sleeping dogs purchase yet I know that if ff8 goes on the daily, I won't hesitate buying it at all.

FloatOn

I kinda want legend of dungeon but hammerwatch was a snoozefest.

if this were 10 years ago and I had more irl gaming friends come over I would be more inclined to play these local co-op gauntlet clones.

redfirm

Banned
Give Binary Domain a try, someone is doing a giveaway on this page, but I heard mouse/keyboard controls suck though so you'd need a controller handy for it, but if you like something like gears of war you'll probably find it decent. I'm having fun with it so far.

thanks. gonne check it out right now

Seanspeed

Banned

EU stores are different in that respect, the price you see always includes VAT. That said we pay a whole lot more VAT.
Generally yes, but games were usually always an exception. You usually paid what was on the box.

spirity

I could use more space:

hddsr2sc7.jpg

The 807GB free is essentially just wasted space since I'd only use it if I did a major organisational reshuffle (I don't actually have terabytes of gifs ;)). The other drives sorely need to be replaced with the next rung up, though.

Wow, puts my measly 300gb + 750gb drives to shame!

Jawmuncher

Grabbed Endless Dungeon.
I like when these indie games are priced in that range since I don't mind taking a chance at that price. Hope that FPS rogue like game wins the flash since i'll easily grab that one as well.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Did I imagine things, or was Dark Souls something like 5 bucks during the last sale? I'm sure that will show up again, no?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hmm I thought they removed Dark Matter from steam because it was incomplete or ended abrubtely or something?

Prophane33

So CS:GO? Yay or Nay?

Depends on how much you like shooters (or CS). If you're really into FPS games and you really liked the other CS games than definitely yay.

If you're on the fence: nay

I got it for free the day it came out (won a contest) and I put about 7 hours in before uninstalling. Really just isn't for me (I didn't really mind CS: Source though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom