• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

Retro City Rampage devs sent me a Retro City Rampage key to giveaway. So props to them. Good Luck!

ModBot said:
[highlight
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Retro City Rampage -- MB-AD797145D2406E7B - Taken by Santiako. 22 entrants total.

t1387729859z1.png

Is there a chance that something that is on flash sale will get a daily deal that is a lower price than that? I'm thinking about getting Sir, you are being hunted but it's a flash sale and i don't want to get it and then find it gets a cheaper daily deal.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is there a chance that something that is on flash sale will get a daily deal that is a lower price than that? I'm thinking about getting Sir, you are being hunted but it's a flash sale and i don't want to get it and then find it gets a cheaper daily deal.

it only happened once (outside of price errors)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Mistakes can be made in that regard, but they're rare and often promptly fixed.

Jawmuncher

Flash and Dailies are always the same price.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I could have sworn I used to be in the GAF SteamGroup...
But it seems i'm not. Not anymore, anyway. So, uh, could anyone send an invite? 8]
Profile.

EDIT: Woah, that was fast. Thanks!

atomsk

Party Pooper

The percentages tend to be the exact same on daily/flash/vote

Xater

Man the PS4 stuff and gifts really bleed me dry this year. Will probably not get anything this sale. Guess I'll just vote for stuff and sell cards. Although I doubt I will get enough for Starbound this way. :p

kerbal looks awesome, but is it worth the price? i was hoping for a bigger discount.

Yes, it's totally and utterly worth it. Even if it's unfinished state, you can get hours and hours of hilarious fun out of building completely ludicrous stuff, or you can take it seriously and try to make goals for yourself ("okay, i'm going to get to the Mun." "Okay, i'm going to make a functioning space station for space-based launches."). And the mod community is very active with tons and tons of helpful (and crazy) add-ons.

EDIT: speaking of which, can someone send me an invite to the steam GAF crew? SteamID is same as GAF id: AbundantChoice

JaseC

I could have sworn I used to be in the GAF SteamGroup...
But it seems i'm not. Not anymore, anyway. So, uh, could anyone send an invite? 8]
Profile.

EDIT: Woah, that was fast. Thanks!

I still can't invite people using Firefox/IE. This bug has existed since the beta seven months ago.

javascript:PresentGroupInviteOptions() said:
[object Object]

Imagine the javascript:blah is the URL in the address bar and [object Object] all that occupies an otherwise blank page.

JaseC

Does SteamGAF even bother with the Steam group?
I honestly use it more as a indicator that i'm from NeoGaf more than anything.

I don't chat to people unless they chat to me. If anybody who's added me has ever thought, "That JaseC dick has never said a word", at least you now know it's not personal. ;)

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
guys, I suddenly had an interest in trading cards, and it doesnt help that crafting badges just gives me more trading cards. Please send help.

Jawmuncher

I don't chat to people unless they chat to me. If anybody who's added me has ever thought, "That JaseC dick has never said a word", at least you now know it's not personal. ;)

I take it that's what most people do.
I never talk to anyone either since I always feel like i'll be bothering them.

Cth

The Thomas the Tank Engine mod somebody linked to the other week is probably my favourite of those that I've come across.

Mine too, especially since there's a Thomas the train demo at TRU (where I'm working this holiday season) so there's kind of a subtle terror that creeps up on you every time I walk past it and hear that whistle.. it's like I half expect to see that thousand mile stare looking back at me from the top of a shelf.

It's not just me, it happens to me wife too now. :D

After showing my daughter it, she goes around doing the Macho Man "YEAH!" thing as well as Thomas's "WHOO WHOO!"

I really should get Skyrim at this point.

Zafir

guys, I suddenly had an interest in trading cards, and it doesnt help that crafting badges just gives me more trading cards. Please send help.
I sold the first few snow globe cards I got back when they were going for 40p, I also sold the foil card I got. Bought some trading cards to complete some game badges with my profits and then got more snow globe cards. xD

Tellaerin

Is changing the discount after the vote going to be a new thing now?

Voted for Legend of Dungeon @ 88% off ($1.20). Wake up to find it won, and is now 85% off ($1.49). I mean, we're only talking about a difference of 29 cents here, but it's the principle of the thing. :p

Jawmuncher

Is changing the discount after the vote going to be a new thing now?

Voted for Legend of Dungeon @ 88% off ($1.20). Wake up to find it won, and is now 85% off ($1.49). I mean, we're only talking about a difference of 29 cents here, but it's the principle of the thing. :p

I'm more bitter about Risk of Rain that price hike pissed me off.
Since the 6 bucks flat was the only reason I voted for it.

I just want my Lego Star Wars! C'mon Disney. I thought you guys knew how to make money.

I said the same thing to Bioware about their lack of discounts on ME3 DLC and I expect to hear back from neither of them. Isn't some money better than none money?

Santiako

Some keys I found I had left:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-3842692563AA9C5A
Dead Space -- MB-DEAFAA0EB97FBD5C

t1387741200z1.png

Having played the walking dead is the wolf among us worth checking. Is there anything from the fable comics i need to know before possibly buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom