• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

For the new page:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 -- MB-3842692563AA9C5A
Dead Space -- MB-DEAFAA0EB97FBD5C

t1387741200z1.png

The_Monk

BUT I'M SCARED!!!!!!

So was I but the fire of the Bonfire kept me warm.

No excuses, you will feel great. Go and play it! I know you are tempted to get Nether, I'm going to hunt you if I see you skipping Dark Souls again! But regarding Nether, there was a GAFfer who posted 1 hour of gameplay he did and uploaded, that was very convincing, the price not so much. Let me know if you want to check that out and I'll search the link for you.

Cth

Is changing the discount after the vote going to be a new thing now?

Voted for Legend of Dungeon @ 88% off ($1.20). Wake up to find it won, and is now 85% off ($1.49). I mean, we're only talking about a difference of 29 cents here, but it's the principle of the thing. :p

That's the same percent that Steam takes from card sales, right?

Seems like that would be an easy fix for them to make.

Not entirely sale related, but I'm going to put this up in here anyway, since not everyone who might be interested in this checks the BST thread...

I have 2 copies of starbound sitting here from a 4-pack available as a Steam gift.

I got a deal on the 4 pack, so I can charge less than the $11.25/per that's normally the going rate.

Asking $10 per a copy via paypal. You pick up any fees.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lords of Shadow is 66% off on GMG plus the 20% voucher

also Grid 2 has a higher base price for me on GMG (44.99 vs 39.99 on Steam) which makes the deal not that appealing :/ Then again if Steam gets 75% on it it would be 9.99, which is the same after the 20% voucher. Carry on ^_^

yogloo

not only, PC gaming is great this way, games don't cost that much, so gifting games and many of them is viable option and it is great.
PC games being cheap is a non factor. We all end up spending the as much money as usual yet we don't play any of the games. Lol.

So was I but the fire of the Bonfire kept me warm.

No excuses, you will feel great. Go and play it! I know you are tempted to get Nether, I'm going to hunt you if I see you skipping Dark Souls again! But regarding Nether, there was a GAFfer who posted 1 hour of gameplay he did and uploaded, that was very convincing, the price not so much. Let me know if you want to check that out and I'll search the link for you.
+1

Dark Souls is such a rewarding experience. The environments are bleak and dark and unsettling. The enemy designs are hands down some of the best and most grotesque I've seen. The game rewards caution and careful play over recklessness, and once you adjust to that, the game is addicting. A challenge for sure, but every enemy and every scenario is surmountable with that proper planning and skills

And that's true progression IMO

smr00

Banned
All this Dark Souls talk makes me want it even more but being the big pansy that i am i am way too terrified. I feel like $10 is too much of a gamble for me with the game because i may end up just putting 1-2 hours in it before i nope out. $5? I can live with $5. Hopefully it gets a flash or Amazon will get it up for $5 again.

The_Monk

+1

Dark Souls is such a rewarding experience. The environments are bleak and dark and unsettling. The enemy designs are hands down some of the best and most grotesque I've seen. The game rewards caution and careful play over recklessness, and once you adjust to that, the game is addicting. A challenge for sure, but every enemy and every scenario is surmountable with that proper planning and skills

And that's true progression IMO

Words of wisdom. Also, amazing soundtrack. So many good tracks! The relaxing theme from the firelink Shrine is so Zen.

The music from the Bosses add a lot to the fight too. As if it was not enough that they are crazy big, or fast or angry they put this music to make me even more nervous.

Took me a few hours to adjust to the gameplay style that Dark Souls demands, after that I was hooked.

Do you already own Demon's Souls? I loved the game, aside from one section. For me it was so much easier than Dark Souls but I know everyone feels the other way around and I understand that. I have many fond memories from Demon's Souls. Here's hoping the best for Dark Souls II on PC of course! :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Grid 2 aquired from GMG, 8.90 euromoneyz not bad. It has cards btw

Grief.exe

All this Dark Souls talk makes me want it even more but being the big pansy that i am i am way too terrified. I feel like $10 is too much of a gamble for me with the game because i may end up just putting 1-2 hours in it before i nope out. $5? I can live with $5. Hopefully it gets a flash or Amazon will get it up for $5 again.

It will be at that price point on Steam, just be patient.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My favourite part of Dark Souls was putting it down to resume something else and later realising that I'd changed the wrong line in DSfix, meaning I was playing the game at 1280x720 upscaled to 1680x1050 the entire time.

Grief.exe

Do you already own Demon's Souls? I loved the game, aside from one section. For me it was so much easier than Dark Souls but I know everyone feels the other way around and I understand that. I have many fond memories from Demon's Souls. Here's hoping the best for Dark Souls II on PC of course! :)

I picked Demon Souls up from Craigslist over the summer, but only just got my ps3 a couple weeks ago.

My favourite part of Dark Souls was putting it down to resume something else and later realising that I'd changed the wrong line in DSfix, meaning I was playing the game at 1280x720 upscaled to 1680x1050 the entire time.

That's the most bizarre somewhat backhanded compliment I have ever read.

Why not pick it up for PS3 or 360? They're about the same price and the communities are larger for online co-op and it'll help transition into the sequels coming out in two months.
I have Dark Souls on PS3...but I rarely play consoles anymore. And the PC version has all the DLC content

Rhaknar

Grief stop idling Frozen Synapse, you got all the cards by now surely! >_<

FloatOn

this dark souls talk reminds me that I need to finish my THIRD play through some time.

addicting game is addicting. Dark Souls 2 is day one on steam come march 14th

Rhaknar

this dark souls talk reminds me that I need to finish my THIRD play through some time.

addicting game is addicting. Dark Souls 2 is day one on steam come march 14th

unless you mean on ps3/360, no it isnt :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's the most bizarre somewhat backhanded compliment I have ever read.

Oh, I enjoyed what I played of it, but I didn't get very far as, initially, I couldn't settle on a class to stick with, so the hilarity of realising that I'm apparently blind as a bat wins out. ;) I'll get back to the game one of these days.

Shambles

So you can't get snow globes from votes if your steam level isn't level 5 or higher? What utter garbage. Didn't take long for the Steam meta-game to start to wreck part of the fun of Steam.

Turfster

What you need is to upload more Screenshots from Castlevania, that game looks so amazing!

That swamp section in the first chapter is annoying, though.

So you can't get snow globes from votes if your steam level isn't level 5 or higher? What utter garbage. Didn't take long for the Steam meta-game to start to wreck part of the fun of Steam.

It's stupid, but they did it to minimize gaming of the system with alt accounts. Market's flooded with cards already, imagine what would happen if everyone had 50 accounts they only used for voting.
Still, it's pretty easy to get to level 5. Doing Both Levels of Community Ambassador and 10 games gets you over halfway there.

Chojka

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-1CE6FCDF0225F9A2 - Taken by Saty
The Wolf Among Us -- MB-0B693F5D672ED9D8 - Taken by The_Monk
Age of Empires II -- MB-467D1DB03EA68C45 - Taken by Aitor

The_Monk

That swamp section in the first chapter is annoying, though.

No idea since I never play it but if you want to talk about annoying and swamps we can talk Demon's/Dark Souls. UGH.

EDIT: Oh my God & Buddha all together. The Wolf Among us. I... I'm almost in tears and I'm not even joking, a bit emotional right now. I have to write a thank you PM right now.

EDIT2: PM Sent.

Radio

I was level 3 at the start of the sale, so I decided to buy a few cards to level up to 5.

I'm level 17 now.

:(

Words of wisdom. Also, amazing soundtrack. So many good tracks! The relaxing theme from the firelink Shrine is so Zen.

The music from the Bosses add a lot to the fight too. As if it was not enough that they are crazy big, or fast or angry they put this music to make me even more nervous.

Ah...Demons Souls...

This was my first "hard" game. After I played it, I got into roguelikes and precision platformers. I didn't enjoy difficult games before DS. At first I didn't enjoy it, but then I beat Phalanx and Tower Knight on my first tries and realized what all the hype was about. But then my PS3 died and I lost 15 hours of progress

I've always likened the Souls games to survival horror. You're outnumbered by enemies who will can kill you in an instant if you let your guard down, you have limited resources and fighting terrifying monstrosities. Essentially approach the games like you would a survival horror game rather than another RPG and progressions will be easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom