• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Okay, guys, I really need to know.

Will Rogue Legacy or Antichamber be cheaper anywhere else during the holiday season?

Because I've got them both in my cart, but Shadow Warrior is rubbing itself up against my leg seductively, promising to show me a good time.

Bear in mind, i only have £8 maximum, and I hear you can't even get sucky-sucky for that these days, what with inflation and all.
I'm hoping Rogue Legacy goes -75% on the humble store, which updates in a minute.

Silky

Banned
Okay, guys, I really need to know.

Will Rogue Legacy or Antichamber be cheaper anywhere else during the holiday season?

Because I've got them both in my cart, but Shadow Warrior is rubbing itself up against my leg seductively, promising to show me a good time.

Bear in mind, i only have £8 maximum, and I hear you can't even get sucky-sucky for that these days, what with inflation and all.

I mean, you can wait for the Humble store to update, otherwise no. Grab em now

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Clearing out some old inventory stuff. Since they're mostly games any Gaffer ought to have already, these go to juniors. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hop:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cogs -- MB-CA78A51D53DE879D - Taken by darkchewie
Half-Life 2 -- MB-85BE7BE84094357A
Counter-Strike -- MB-20EA598657D5CB4B
Team Fortress 2 Upgrade -- MB-ED240E8B21AC3A83

t1387749481z1.png

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Where do you see it listed for $3.75? The only two lists for Amazon sales I have that, so far have been accurate, both list it as $5.99 starting the 24th.

3.75? I see it for 6$, same as steam...
RealityExists's post upthread. If he's wrong (I don't know where the Amazon list is, actually) then that's unfortunate. I was seriously going to buy it at that price.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Attention Australian CyL and Tappet, it is not a good idea to fish for sharks. They will eat you. Also everything is more deadly in Australia. This is very ill advised!!!

Ezalc

Question: Enhanced steam is showing my that apparently the game I want (Shadow Warrior in this case) is cheaper in the russian steam?

It's showing 199 pyo? Is it true? Is it possible for somebody to buy it on the russian steam and send it to me or is that illegal? Would the game be in Russian? :|

It'd be considerably cheaper than buying it through Brazilian steam.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Let's see hwo good Legend of Dungeon is

I played it for about 45 minutes after I bought it and...I have no idea. I wasn't sure if I was actually accomplishing what I needed to or if there was more to it. I also am not sure if I saved the game. Or if you can. I know that I wore a fish for a good portion of it, so I'm sure as hell going back.

Clearing out my inventory and I have these gifts sitting in it, it's not much but I thought I'd throw them up here in return for everyone else's generosity!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Ship -- MB-20AD6407127C31AF - Taken by angular graphics
Interstellar Marines -- MB-647D48A8294AE5F9 - Taken by jhawk6

Also, I have some Shadowrun Return keys that for the life of me I can't remember if I gave away to friends or not. I feel I did so I don't want to put them in a giveaway, but is there anyway to check for sure?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Clearing out my inventory and I have these gifts sitting in it, it's not much but I thought I'd throw them up here in return for everyone else's generosity!

Also, I have some Shadowrun Return keys that for the life of me I can't remember if I gave away to friends or not. I feel I did so I don't want to put them in a giveaway, but is there anyway to check for sure?

I'll gladly check if your Shadowrun Returns keys work.

I may have to use one in the process. That's a sacrifice I'm willing to take. Also I won't be able to check any more after that one. It's like a lottery in that way.

Anteater

I found the story to be atrocious and the characters outside of Vorgil were pretty bad. The combat is mediocre coming from DMC1-4 and pretty braindead easy to where they have to do "color coded enemies" to make it interesting, which backfires into annoyance because your attacks will bounce of them while you're fighting three enemies near said color coded enemies to crowd-control.

On the highest difficulty, I think it's actually comparable to dmc4 and bayonetta, I thought bayonetta was actually easier.

Color coded enemies are really dumb though.

As for the story they're all pretty stupid :lol, but the other games have better action sequences.

I'm not a Junior but would love a chance at Shadowrun!

Not really feeling Rogue Legacy so far. Interesting premise, but the controls feel way too floaty and you seem really underpowered at the start for the amount of shit it throws at you. Hard to progress more than a few screens without dying. I'm assuming you're supposed to grind your way up to better stats so you can progress farther? That's...sort of lame.

Dec

Hmm have to prove to Valve I'm not a US citizen to not do some form thing for market transactions. What if I move to the US in a year or two? There is some shit at the bottom swearing on my life or some shit that I'm not lying.

Not really feeling Rogue Legacy so far. Interesting premise, but the controls feel way too floaty and you seem really underpowered at the start for the amount of shit it throws at you. Hard to progress more than a few screens without dying. I'm assuming you're supposed to grind your way up to better stats so you can progress farther? That's...sort of lame.

That the type of game it is. Its like saying you don't like Halo because you shoot too much.

Given I replaced my 360 and PS3 with a PS4 and Xbone over the last month, I find myself buying things in this sale I never got around to playing on the consoles. Heck, some of them I even already own.

Dishonored GOTY - only played a few hours on 360, then it got lost in the shuffle
Witcher 2 - got an hour or two in, went "eh, this game does not belong on a controller"

etc etc etc. Will be nice to play them at some point.

so, not like i spent a fortune for this, but hey FREE STUFF.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Rogue Legacy -- MB-E737A2F63528101D - Taken by Divius
Rogue Legacy #2 -- MB-D3A78B12C9FDBF80 - Taken by Jawmuncher

La Mulana -- MB-FAC583775D796B4D - Taken by Yondy604
La Mulana #2 -- MB-CC0D830A24D1D358 - Taken by Intheflorsh
La Mulana #3 -- MB-66A02487F5B3C400 - Taken by Kirosia

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
On the highest difficulty, I think it's actually comparable to dmc4 and bayonetta, I thought bayonetta was actually easier.

Color coded enemies are really dumb though.

As for the story they're all pretty stupid :lol, but the other games have better action sequences.

At least for that, a mod takes away the colour coded enemies. http://dmcmods.com/2470-weapons-damage-colored-enemies-2

I don't mind the idea of such an action in game design, but DmC really should have done it in a "the same coloured weapons deal more damage/wrong coloured weapons deal less damage" instead.

so, not like i spent a fortune for this, but hey FREE STUFF.

You're a good person, to the sons and daughters of those about to be slaughtered in a castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom