• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Did Deus Ex Human Revolution disappear?

Non-Director's Cut? Yes, for the sale (I really wish I knew this before buying the $5 Director's Cut with some of my remaining wallet) to not give a deeper discount on the DLC upgrade which is really stupid. :/

Now I've got two Human Revolutions: Director's and Non-Director's. :/

As for the Elderscrolls: I'm still waiting for them to bundle Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim for $20-30 together
and put Morrowind on sale for $5. Come on and do it Thursday, Valve.

gngf123

One final giveaway to you guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-258F182A020095EF - Taken by Evo X. 4 entrants total.

t1387738635z1.png

Again, I'm fairly sure it works. I apologize if it doesn't.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bought it.

Better be good or i will complain about it to myself and huff and puff a few times.

You'll complain about it to yourself and huff and puff more than a few times, but you'll keep playing while you do.

Non-Director's Cut? Yes, for the sale (I really wish I knew this before buying the $5 Director's Cut with some of my remaining wallet) to not give a deeper discount on the DLC upgrade which is really stupid. :/

Now I've got two Human Revolutions: Director's and Non-Director's. :/

As for the Elderscrolls: I'm still waiting for them to bundle Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim for $20-30 together
and put Morrowind on sale for $5. Come on and do it Thursday, Valve.

Amazon actually had the physical version of the Elder Scrolls Anthology (Arena, Daggerfall, and the three complete/goty versions of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim) for $25 around Black Friday.

Anteater

Gotta shove Donte down peoples throats when they think they're getting Leon.

FUCKYOU.gif

The reboot is pretty mediocre. People should just get DMC3+4 for $7 instead.

Don't worry, I did. Donte is mediocre and not worth a sale. Walking Dead still has save issues, last I checked so not worthy of a sale.

Dead Space 2 got it by reason of not good choices.

I think dmc is a decent game for the genre, but then it's not like it has a lot of competitors :p

I would say it's worth playing if people like that kind of games, whether they think it's worth that much is another story.

TheSeks

WHY IS MAX PAYNE 3 30GB

ROCKSTAR PLS

LA Noir is the same.

Gotta have those Michael Mann flashing cutscenes every five minutes!

I think dmc is a decent game for the genre, but then it's not like it has a lot of competitors :p

I would say it's worth playing if people like that kind of games, whether they think it's worth that much is another story.

I found the story to be atrocious and the characters outside of Vorgil were pretty bad. The combat is mediocre coming from DMC1-4 and pretty braindead easy to where they have to do "color coded enemies" to make it interesting, which backfires into annoyance because your attacks will bounce of them while you're fighting three enemies near said color coded enemies to crowd-control.

when people say things like, "crappy sale day," or "nothing I want to buy," is there a parentheses of "at that price"? even with the usual goty games making repeat appearances, there is at least 1-2 surprises every day. I can understand if someone wanted 75% off, but the games themselves rule

Is dragon age worth 5? I should wait on duck tales being a daily right?

Being a Flash Deal is effectively the same as being a Daily Deal so Ducktales is as low as it will be for the sale unless there's a crazy price error.

Dragon Age is worth $5 but Amazon has the game plus all the DLC and expansions for the same price (same package is $7.50 on Steam), the caveat though is that it's on Origin.

Silky

Banned
LA Noir is the same.

Gotta have those Michael Mann flashing cutscenes every five minutes!

Ugh and I hated LA Noire

--

Okay, DmC is a good action game. It's not GODLIKE like Bayonetta/DMC3/DMC1/NG:B, but it's a hell of a lot better than God of War, every NG after 3, DMC2/DMC4 and any other easy mode action game.

It, and Marlow Briggs are great B+ tier Action titles. It's actually a good introduction to stylish character action games without the challenge. If you people start with DmC, get the HD collection and play 3 and 1

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So it's one those games, huh..

GAF wants me to have high blood pressure.

The game has a hard mode. There is no option for hard mode. You turn on hard mode by ignoring a warning given by a sign you see relatively early. You don't really know you turned on hard mode when you did this, and if you save the game there's no way to turn it off.

It's one of those games.

well, guess I'll never understand why DA: Origins Ultimate Edition is blocked here in Brazil. Should've checked the thread earlier to see if anyone could help me, but already bought the normal edition here :p

TheSeks

Most people will probably disagree, but I'd rather have shitty bink video compression than huge download sizes. I don't even have bandwidth caps either.

The cutscenes aren't even that good! Why can't we remove them to have an auto-skip!?

At least then New York Minute Hardcore wouldn't be a complete chore to get through.

Silky said:
It's not GODLIKE like Bayonetta/DMC3/DMC1/NG:B, but it's a hell of a lot better than God of War, every NG after 3, DMC2/DMC4 and any other easy mode action game.

JessePinkmanWHAT.gif

No. No, it isn't.

DMC4's combat shits on Donte's from a great height.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can we get a consensus on how much Ducktales will be on amazon? I'm seeing different prices everywhere :/

tmespe

If you like wrpgs and haven't played it yet, I'd say it's definitely worth it. The world is interesting, although it's rather traditional in so far that there are the usual races (dwarves, elves, etc.).

Firebrand

Is dragon age worth 5?
Yes. I'd suggest you grab the Ultimate Edition for crazy amounts of content, but the base game is pretty lengthy as it is.

Note that the game installs a Windows system service for authenticating DLC, in case you're averse to DRM.

Silky

Banned
JessePinkmanWHAT.gif

No. No, it isn't.

DMC4's combat shits on Donte's from a great height.

Didn't care for it. Felt it was a downgrade compared to one. Combined with the godawful cast (I hate Uncle Dante and Nero. Credo was ok.) and generally uninspiring locale compared to ~Mallet~ Island and Temen-Ni-Gru, it was just a big pile of meh. I'm replaying it right now on PC and it's still the same feeling to me.

Maybe when I unlock Legendary Dark Knight mode or whatever the exclusive PC mode was called, I'll enjoy it.

Turbo mode DmC is a blast tho

Dambrosi

Banned
Okay, guys, I really need to know.

Will Rogue Legacy or Antichamber be cheaper anywhere else during the holiday season?

Because I've got them both in my cart, but Shadow Warrior is rubbing itself up against my leg seductively, promising to show me a good time.

Bear in mind, i only have £8 maximum, and I hear you can't even get sucky-sucky for that these days, what with inflation and all.

Kaleinc

Banned
Ugh and I hated LA Noire

--

Okay, DmC is a good action game. It's not GODLIKE like Bayonetta/DMC3/DMC1/NG:B, but it's a hell of a lot better than God of War, every NG after 3, DMC2/DMC4 and any other easy mode action game.

DMC4 is better than vanilla DMC3, SE makes them on the same level.

Infinity

GG has Van Helsing for $10.04. Part of me wants to see if it becomes a Daily on Steam, but part of me wants to just go ahead and buy it. Decisions ...

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Dragon Age was the last great Bioware game. Definitely worth it if you like WRPGs.

Daily Deals don't get cheaper than flash, so go ahead and grab it if you want Duck Tales.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You should wait for Duck Tales to be $3.75 from Amazon on December 25th.

Where do you see it listed for $3.75? The only two lists for Amazon sales I have that, so far have been accurate, both list it as $5.99 starting the 24th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom