• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uiki

Still no crate drops in CS:GO. I've been playing in Valve servers that should be VAC enabled.

So yeah... so much for that "make your money back" spiel. It's kinda funny I can get weapon dupes at the drop of a hat (hurr hurr) in TF2 but not here.

Don't wait for it.

I got a crate #2 like 1 week later than actual release (i play a couple of hours every night).

You will make your money back and much more... but not in 1 week.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I...guess I'll vote for DmC then? It'll lose to Dead Space though because $5.

I'm probably one of the two people who's glad Machinarium won the vote; I bought it directly from Amanita way back when they just sent you a download link that expired in seven days. Maybe I'll run through it
for the fourth time
sometime this month...
to get the achievements
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

The fact that the ME3 DLC rarely, if ever, goes on sale, and the fact that it's on Origin are two huge black marks against it. Even if I wanted to play the vanilla game (which I don't, after the fanbase debacle), I wouldn't shell $50+ dollars for all the DLC.

Especially since I own it all on Xbox already. I really want to replay it, but the base games just don't cut it anymore. However, since the DLC never goes on sale... I'm not sure it's worth it.

snack

Still no crate drops in CS:GO. I've been playing in Valve servers that should be VAC enabled.

So yeah... so much for that "make your money back" spiel. It's kinda funny I can get weapon dupes at the drop of a hat (hurr hurr) in TF2 but not here.

GOTTA IDLE THAT

Sullichin

La Mulana is 2D Dark Souls

If you don't buy it at that price then what's wrong with you.
I bought it on an earlier sale because of a similar recommendation. But I don't really agree. Outside of the difficulty and lack of hand holding they are nothing alike.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Good price for Rogue Legacy but since I won't be playing it soon it will stay on the wishlist for a while more.

Community choices changed
Resident Evil 6 got replaced by DmC.
I was confused, voted through the app and when I opened the client RE was gone. I like DmC but have it already. Hope my vote counted anyway, looks like it did.

Firebrand

I was about to click Purchase but you stopped me dead in my tracks. What exactly do you mean? Why not?

Was "make your money back" really the reason you picked up CSGO?
Dark Souls is about challenging but fair combat.

La Mulana is about getting screwed over by traps and solving riddles, with somewhat challenging bosses now and then. The puzzles are the real challenge, not using a guide for hints is likely to at least triple your playtime. :p

Haunted

God, this deals are so damn good.

Antichamber is a must-have.

La Mulana for that price is insane.

Fuck, I'd even want to buy Max Payne 3 at that price, and I hate that pos game!

On a related note: what are the chances of Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes going down to 66%/75%? Loved that game on the DS.

gabbo

Good price for Rogue Legacy but since I won't be playing it soon it will stay on the wishlist for a while more.

I was confused, voted through the app and when I opened the client RE was gone. I like DmC but have it already. Hope my vote counted anyway, looks like it did.

I only voted Walking Dead because I don't care for the other two, but I actually want DmC on the cheap... dammit...

Nabs

I was about to click Purchase but you stopped me dead in my tracks. What exactly do you mean? Why not?

I'm not telling you to avoid it! It's just a really bad comparison that'll set you up for disappointment. The game is still worth picking up, especially at that price.

For those considering Tomb Raider - Amazon will be selling it for $4.99 on the 25th. Duck Tales is also going for $1.99 on the same day.

Edit: Nevermind about Ducktales, error on my part.

Deadbeat

Banned

Some piece of shit got two crate drops in a row on this idle server. Dead serious. and I know it shows the same things again. I mean two different crates so it couldnt be a mixup.

KKRT00

Question about Warlock: Master Of The Arcane.
What kind of DLC do You need to make the game playable? Or all gameplay expansions and upgraded were done to vanilla too?

yuraya

Guise please vote for Dead space 2. I accidentally voted for RE6 because I didn't see the "2" below dead space thinking it was the first. And now I don't even see RE6 :( lol

Also for those who played Dead space 2, how good is it compared to the first? I really liked dead space 1 but never got around to 2.

Juice

Not if you played Morrowind. It does have some pretty cool quests though, but it's not worth playing such a poorly designed RPG to experience them.

I did play Morrowind. There's room in my heart for both.

Morrowind is a much more atmospheric, engaging role-play.

Oblivion's game mechanics are generally superior and its best side quest chains (e.g. Dark Brotherhood) are better than the best side quests in Morrowind.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's conspiracy, they took your votes and swapped games man.

Gotta shove Donte down peoples throats when they think they're getting Leon.

FUCKYOU.gif

The reboot is pretty mediocre. People should just get DMC3+4 for $7 instead.

yuraya said:
Guise please vote for Dead space 2.

Don't worry, I did. Donte is mediocre and not worth a sale. Walking Dead still has save issues, last I checked so not worthy of a sale.

Dead Space 2 got it by reason of not good choices.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Guise please vote for Dead space 2. I accidentally voted for RE6 because I didn't see the "2" below dead space thinking it was the first. And now I don't even see RE6 :( lol

Also for those who played Dead space 2, how good is it compared to the first? I really liked dead space 1 but never got around to 2.

DS1>DS2>Extraction>Movie 1> Movie 2>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>DS3

Accoun

I did play Morrowind. There's room in my heart for both.

Morrowind is a much more atmospheric, engaging role-play.

Oblivion's game mechanics are generally superior and its best side quest chains (e.g. Dark Brotherhood) are better than the best side quests in Morrowind.

Also, Oblivion has waifu mods. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom