• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to skip on Tomb Raider DLC as it doesn't increase my game count. Bought Mini Ninjas for €2 instead!

Couldn't resist, bring it on enemies of mini ninjas, coming to get you

Minininjas.jpg

Anteater

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-E342B85D86143F23 - Taken by Melhisedek. 8 entrants total.

t1387743766z1.png

don't know what a hotline miami is but here you go :p

PM me if the link doesn't work

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Decided to skip on Tomb Raider DLC as it doesn't increase my game count. Bought Mini Ninjas for €2 instead!

Couldn't resist, bring it on enemies of mini ninjas, coming to get you

Minininjas.jpg

Do tell me how that is. I'm on the fence with it as I know it would be a good looking game for my daughter and I to play together (I play, she tells me where to go or what to do), but I have no idea on how it is to actually play or control.

Do tell me how that is. I'm on the fence with it as I know it would be a good looking game for my daughter and I to play together (I play, she tells me where to go or what to do), but I have no idea on how it is to actually play or control.

Sure, I'm installing it now. Will probably launch it in a few hours or tomorrow but I'll report how it is.

And damn that Rogue Legacy gif is tempting.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
personally i prefer the xbox360 pad. swordplay is smoother with the pad for me. gun controls on the other hand are of course inferior to kb/m

Same here. There's a lot of aim assist, though. Point in the general direction of an enemy and you'll probably shoot them. It'd be worrisome if I didn't spend 90% of my time using the sword.

Gazoinks

I'm on the fence for Tomb Raider and i'm about to buy La Mulano (heard great things about this game)

And everybody needs to buy Rogue Lecacy

iHqnHdfzh2lvq.gif

amazing game

These stumpy legs intrigue me. If it goes on sale again post-xmas I may pick it up, love a good roguelike.

The_Monk

My little nephew who is now 8 years old played with his dad and quite enjoyed it. He played the console version but it might be the same. He liked to play it by himself a year ago which means he was 7 years old. He would got a little scared of some monsters and I've helped him when he got stuck. There's some parts where it requires stealth and he would get a bit tense but it's an enjoyable adventure.

I don't know how old is your little daughter but the game is cute and the violence as in, hitting the enemies is pretty light too so no harm in there. The Story, if you care to explain to her also have a good meaning in which you must stick together, save your friends from the enemies so you can be together like the good old times. If you can afford it, then get it. I'm sure you and your daughter can have a great time playing this. Also to mention, controls are simple but they are fine. Colors are bright and pretty. Towards the end my nephew got a little bored because the game got a little more slow but it's a good story overall.

Hope this helps a bit, I should had my little nephew review this game but I'm not with him today, only tomorrow. :)

Eternia

Must have turned away from the computer when I got a Rogue Legacy gift from CosmicQueso. Thanks a lot, among a long list of games I really want to play (...one day).

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I want both Rogue Legacy and Ducktales.

Rogue Legacy would only be 1 dollar cheaper if it went for 75%. Ducktales would be a bigger jump, specially since it's only 60% discounted.

I have way too many games already.

I'll pass Ducktales for now and buy Rogue Legacy. I still want Ducktales, but 60% is a travesty.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I forgot all about Mini Ninjas, loved the demo way back when it released.
Thanks SteamGAF!
Wishlisted.

Just to add to the Rogue Legacy love... buy it!

The early game can feel like throwing pasta at the wall to see what sticks, but when it starts to stick, the game opens up in beautiful ways. Like a trance.

Zia

Yeah, Rogue Legacy is a fun little game. Definitely not as deep as something like Spelunky and a little like an iOS game such as Jetpack Joyride, where sometimes you'll find yourself playing it just to grind out some currency for upgrades, but it's fundamentally really solid and charming.

Yeah, Rogue Legacy is a fun little game. Definitely not as deep as something like Spelunky and a little like an iOS game such as Jetpack Joyride, where sometimes you'll find yourself playing it just to grind out some currency for upgrades, but it's fundamentally really solid and charming.

I didn't get as starry-eyed over Spelunky, though. I need to return to it, I guess.

Eternia

Question about Warlock: Master Of The Arcane.
What kind of DLC do You need to make the game playable? Or all gameplay expansions and upgraded were done to vanilla too?
This is a bit late but most of the DLC is just extra units/items/perks that you can find. One seems to be another race you can play as (Return of the Elves). Armageddon however adds a new game mode where the goal is to defeat these Dremer creatures that begin in a different world from you but periodically harass and infect your world.

Curious_George

Neo Member

I found it to be a lot less frustrating then Spelunky though. At least the grind in Rogue Legacy accomplishes things. I never got good enough at Spelunky to feel like I was really making much progress.

Acccent

Hey everyone. So that's two days of having almost no access to internet, and it's not going to improve until the end of the week... What awesome deals did I miss?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Sounds great. Will buy!

-----

Probably a stupid question, but is it possible to buy games from the phone app (if you stock up your wallet)?

Yeah, you can buy games on the app. At least I could.

Zia

I didn't get as starry-eyed over Spelunky, though. I need to return to it, I guess.

I found it to be a lot less frustrating then Spelunky though. At least the grind in Rogue Legacy accomplishes things. I never got good enough at Spelunky to feel like I was really making much progress.

Yeah, Spelunky is a lot less immediately gratifying but it has a lot more depth and a very high skill ceiling. I think Rogue Legacy does well to hook you in how it doles out small rewards. With Spelunky, it's all about skill progression. I think Spelunky is a perfect game, one of the best ever made, but it requires a lot of effort to get the most out of, and I totally understand why people prefer Rogue Legacy, which I think is a very good game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hey everyone. So that's two days of having almost no access to internet, and it's not going to improve until the end of the week... What awesome deals did I miss?

Did you get the Ultimate Game Pack? Had the top ten sellers from the past 5 years for 39.99. Pretty sweet deal.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Huge thanks to Thecharrr for Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition. It wasn't available in my region, and all this fine GAFfer asked in return was a copy of Critter Crunch, which I hope they'll be able to greatly enjoy.

Once again, thank you!

Ionic

I played Rogue Legacy for a bit. I'm not sure I'm liking how the game absolutely requires a grind to get further. It feels like I'm not advancing because I'm getting better at the game, but simply because my character is getting better. I think I prefer how a game like Binding of Isaac works where the characters simply have base stats that I don't have to level up through 100 playthroughs to be able to get to the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom