• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Huge thanks to Thecharrr for Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition. It wasn't available in my region, and all this fine GAFfer asked in return was a copy of Critter Crunch, which I hope they'll be able to greatly enjoy.

Once again, thank you!

No problem!

Myshkin

Thank you so much for dao, been wanting to get it but it's not available in my region.

Intheflorsh gets a critical hit!
Critical-Hit.jpg

Kadin

Anyone else buy their games as gifts for their inventory in the chance that they'll never get played and maybe traded later instead? Yeah me neither... ;)

Erekiddo

The rest of the sales could be garbage and I'd still be content that I got Risk of Rain and Recettear for cheap.

Risk of Rain. What an amazing game.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Just bumping/reposting/whatevering my giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hop:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cogs -- MB-CA78A51D53DE879D - Taken by darkchewie
Half-Life 2 -- MB-85BE7BE84094357A - Taken by Kapow. 19 entrants total.
Counter-Strike -- MB-20EA598657D5CB4B - Taken by tylergregg. 8 entrants total.
Team Fortress 2 Upgrade -- MB-ED240E8B21AC3A83 - Taken by topyy. 4 entrants total.

t1387749481z1.png

Drake

My PC is kinda crappy and it falls below the minimum specs for FC3, but I can still run it at 1920x1080 at medium graphics settings and I get around 30 fps. Pretty happy with that performance.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The rest of the sales could be garbage and I'd still be content that I got Risk of Rain and Recettear for cheap.

Risk of Rain. What an amazing game.

Great choices. Such different games and both are great. I just got Risk of Rain during the sale myself and I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner. I played the demo/beta a while back but controller support really makes the game for me (it was only mouse/keyboard when I played it). I would like if there were more than one character class available to start, or if the unlocks were less daunting. Then again I prefer the default to the class i unlocked, so maybe it's not so bad.

Haunted

Okay, guys, I really need to know.

Will Rogue Legacy or Antichamber be cheaper anywhere else during the holiday season?

Because I've got them both in my cart, but Shadow Warrior is rubbing itself up against my leg seductively, promising to show me a good time.

Bear in mind, i only have £8 maximum, and I hear you can't even get sucky-sucky for that these days, what with inflation and all.
Do it.

Both excellent games, Antichamber is 75% off, definitely won't get any cheaper than that.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
My little nephew who is now 8 years old played with his dad and quite enjoyed it. He played the console version but it might be the same. He liked to play it by himself a year ago which means he was 7 years old. He would got a little scared of some monsters and I've helped him when he got stuck. There's some parts where it requires stealth and he would get a bit tense but it's an enjoyable adventure.

I don't know how old is your little daughter but the game is cute and the violence as in, hitting the enemies is pretty light too so no harm in there. The Story, if you care to explain to her also have a good meaning in which you must stick together, save your friends from the enemies so you can be together like the good old times. If you can afford it, then get it. I'm sure you and your daughter can have a great time playing this. Also to mention, controls are simple but they are fine. Colors are bright and pretty. Towards the end my nephew got a little bored because the game got a little more slow but it's a good story overall.

Hope this helps a bit, I should had my little nephew review this game but I'm not with him today, only tomorrow. :)

My daughter just turned five recently, so all that sounds quite fitting and useful for me as I'm trying to help shape critical thinking in her while just having a fun time.

Thank you as always my friend for your thoughts.

I played Rogue Legacy for a bit. I'm not sure I'm liking how the game absolutely requires a grind to get further. It feels like I'm not advancing because I'm getting better at the game, but simply because my character is getting better. I think I prefer how a game like Binding of Isaac works where the characters simply have base stats that I don't have to level up through 100 playthroughs to be able to get to the end.

I took it as an experiment and I found that you actually can advance and make headway into the game based on just some simple upgrades and stats. No real grinding is required.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93073348&highlight=rogue#post93073348

Note I wrote that before the recent patch and haven't beaten the final boss yet due to the current sale.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/leg-end

Can I get a gaf invite and some friends? Urgh that sounds kinda lame to say.

Hello new friend.

Caerith

I played Rogue Legacy for a bit. I'm not sure I'm liking how the game absolutely requires a grind to get further. It feels like I'm not advancing because I'm getting better at the game, but simply because my character is getting better. I think I prefer how a game like Binding of Isaac works where the characters simply have base stats that I don't have to level up through 100 playthroughs to be able to get to the end.

I wouldn't say the grind is absolutely required. I don't just mean in the "elite players can beat it on one life" sense, but that the latest update added a series of secret "remix" bosses where you can only fight them with level 0 pre-made characters-- no upgrades, just skill. The game is hard as hell without upgrades, but upgrades make a nice buffer between "fuck this game" and "let's try it again."

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Is Far Cry 3 a demanding game? My PC is awful and I have to run pretty much every game at nearly the lowest settings. I can run Crysis, Saints Row 3, and Bioshock Infinite at playable framerates on low settings, but I think these games are optimized pretty well.

StAidan

Picked up Rogue Legacy based on the positive stuff I've seen of it. Also jumped in on Duck Tales, hoping it'll be worth at least a playthrough for someone like me who grew up on the NES version.

Working on getting my holiday sale trading cards, but refusing to buy them -- I'm up to 6 uniques now. With any luck I'll finish a set before January 3rd!

Volotaire

Can anyone tell me if the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe is additive to the game experience? It seems the additions over the normal GOTY edition are minor akin to character/weapon packs. It looks like, according to the wiki's description, that some of these are extra small quests. In your opinion, are these also additive to the game for the extra price.

The_Monk

My daughter just turned five recently, so all that sounds quite fitting and useful for me as I'm trying to help shape critical thinking in her while just having a fun time.

Thank you as always my friend for your thoughts.

Great to know. 5 years old seems a fitting age to start teaching some friendship values indeed. No need to thank me, I'm just glad I can help some GAFfers where I can!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is Far Cry 3 a demanding game? My PC is awful and I have to run pretty much every game at nearly the lowest settings. I can run Crysis, Saints Row 3, and Bioshock Infinite at playable framerates on low settings, but I think these games are optimized pretty well.

It is demanding yes.

pahamrick

Can anyone tell me if the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe is additive to the game experience? It seems the additions over the normal GOTY edition are minor akin to character/weapon packs. It looks like, according to the wiki's description, that some of these are extra small quests. In your opinion, are these also additive to the game for the extra price.

I would say yes, but I enjoyed Oblivion so I'm slightly biased.

Happy Holydays SteamGAF
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-12CFE680DD3D547A - Taken by Nymphae. 6 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-A266BB8E177B7C13 - Taken by liezryou. 1 entrants total.

t1387746827z1.png
It should work, if there's any problems the winners can send me a PM

Not really.

Also:

8870_2013-12-22_00006m7xpa.png

Dat €5 Season Pass.

Tellaerin

Shadow Warrior was my top pick for 2013 Steam GOTY, and I wanted to share a little joy with the generous folks here who've done so much to brighten up my year , so...

WHO WANTS SOME WANG?!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Shadow Warrior -- MB-8F176E7501AD4CB4 - Taken by Rickenslacker. 121 entrants total.

t1387832370z1.png

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Gunpoint was even shorter than I expected it to be, but I still really enjoyed it, and almost appreciated how brief it was.

Nymphae

Banned
Minus the 3 dollars I made selling cards I didn't give a shit about, I just paid 99 cents for Max Payne 3. Steam is ridiculous sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom