• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Wonderful, new friends and more to our merry Steam group.

So I played a bit Mini Ninjas and I think it could be the game you are looking for. It's visually satisfying and peaceful while not graphically mindblowing. The combat is simple, yet fun. No blood of course and seems like a lighthearted game. Skills are automatically increased. Don't know whether the game has that much depth in it but I'd rate it an above average game, and even better for your purposes. Though I haven't played it that much, only a 25 minutes or so. I maybe have a time to look at it better later on.

I did have a sound problem with the game when I started it but that was fixed by installing OpenAL.

In this regard I'm not looking for too much depth, just something to play for about 20 to 30 minutes a day together and that sounds just fine. Thank you for yuor thoughts and the OpenAL issue.

Grief.exe

Binary Domain is one of those games that has, unfoutunatley, wormed its way to the tail end of my backlog.

Mainly due to the fact that I have so many games that are just objectively better, at least on paper. Its hard to say how much I will actually enjoy a game until I play, many times I can look past a games flaws.

Do you guys think after the Winter Sale (no clue if it's being done now currently) that SteamGAF could do some sort of community play dates? I'd love to play stuff with some of you guys sometimes.

fantomena

Binary Domain is one of those games that has, unfoutunatley, wormed its way to the tail end of my backlog.

Mainly due to the fact that I have so many games that are just objectively better, at least on paper. Its hard to say how much I will actually enjoy a game until I play, many times I can look past a games flaws.

Binary Domain is freaking awesome. Bought it during an Amazon digital summer sale 2 years ago.

mrgone

playing Dark Souls after not playing for almost a year.. This game is too damn hard lol. Need humanity to beat gargoyles, can't find any humanity.

Have you gotten all the humanity out of the church? There's one at the end of the hall on the upper floor, just past where you free Lautrec. You get also get humanity randomly killing enemies in the Undead Parish before you've killed the gargoyles, so if you farm up souls to upgrade your gear (or your body, flex) for a while you'll probably end up with a couple there.

You can also sunbro your way to a free humanity helping other people defeat the gargoyles by putting down a white soapstone mark.

If you like third person shooters be sure to give it a try, it's very good.

Tame

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider -- MB-C5ABCA6BC9B6F6C2 - Taken by Glucose

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also on the community play dates thing, that would be fun sometimes. I have a shit ton of multiplayer games, and I can host servers in most games pretty easily, so I'd be on board, though starting tomorrow I'm going on a trip until early January, but should be back around the time Steam Sales end.

zychi

Banned
i've been strong so far. no purchases so far. i really want to save my money for south park, titanfall and dark souls 2. i wish more games would get cards so i could sell em and justify purchases like age of empires 2 or dragon age for $5.

How do you guys get so many cards that you make upwards of 3+ dollars? I seem to only get one set of cards per game and only the first time I play it.

Glucose

Neo Member
2 Posts on GAF. Two games won. Welcome to NeoGAF, I suppose, don't be afraid to chat a little, these are good people in here...!

Heh, I guess getting called out is as good a way as any to break the ice? HI GUYS! Definitely feeling the love here, and hope to be in a position pay it forward soon!

maty

im still kinda bummed that farming cards completely ruins your gameplay tracking

now my top played games are random shitty games that happened to had cards and I left running for a few nights

I found a good solution to that. I usually idle games that would require many hours to beat or complete like RPGs and the like, or games which don't necessarily have an ending, ex: L4D2, etc
But if it's a short game I'll play it while getting cards, recent examples Finding Teddy, Escape Goat.

How do you guys get so many cards that you make upwards of 3+ dollars? I seem to only get one set of cards per game and only the first time I play it.

Well, I can't really explain as well as most, but just play games and after a period of time you randomly get cards. always try to sell like a penny or 2 lower than the lowest.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Sold cards for $10.00

Bought 6 indie games all with trading cards.

Rinse and repeat!

<3 steam

Similar boat to what I've been doing. In the last 3 weeks (about 8 days in the last three weeks), have raised about $36 in Steam trading card sales. Have bought so far Shadow Warrior, Ballpoint Universe: Infinite, Viscera Cleanup Detail; Santa's Rampage, Blade Symphony, and Legend of the Dungeon with it so far, with about $16, and trying to save up as much card money as I can before my trip in case anything pops up I want to buy from my phone.

The_Monk

Heh, I guess getting called out is as good a way as any to break the ice? HI GUYS! Definitely feeling the love here, and hope to be in a position pay it forward soon!

Welcome fellow GAFfer! I hope you enjoy your stay here and have great fun during the Winter Sale, this is great Community so I hope you can enjoy it in the best way possible. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom