• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganzor

Hope someone will enjoy this game
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-6A90BE46FC9D9709 - Taken by jhawk6

I haven't been around all day due to power outages all around Toronto. Almost didn't make it in time to get my vote in for a card! Went outside because people often talk about doing that so I'd see what it's about, man what a miserable experience that was.

Have my electricity, have my internet. I'ma just keep this thread refreshed for the rest of the evening.

Vodh

I remember Rogue Legacy being a big deal when it launched, but then the hype either died down or I just viewed the wrong threads...

Should I pull the trigger @ £3.95?

Zeliard

Before people killed the snow globe card market it was worth it in some cases to create a badge then sell the snow globe you got from it for a decent profit. Could potentially get you a snow globe foil card as well, or a rare background.

FloatOn

The only downfall to comfy couch gaming is being out in the middle of the shared living space. my wife and brother in law are laughing like maniacs and it's making these castlevania boss fights much more trouble than what they should be.

thekenta

I remember Rogue Legacy being a big deal when it launched, but then the hype either died down or I just viewed the wrong threads...

I'm in the same boat.
Love Metroidvania and already bought La-Mulana, but I'm still unsure about Rogue.

My game of the year, I bought full price. Its a side-scrolling roguelike rpg. If any of those descriptors tickle your fancy pull the trigger.

Prophane33

Rogue Legacy is amazing. Definitely worth picking up at the current asking price. I paid full price and don't regret it.

Edit: Beaten by someone else who also paid full price and loved it.

How do you guys get so many cards that you make upwards of 3+ dollars? I seem to only get one set of cards per game and only the first time I play it.

Well when you have upwards of 250 games your list of games that have cards tends to grow quite a bit. It's going to take me a long while to get all the cards from all my games.
Even if each card only sells for around $0.15 on average, it adds up surprisingly quickly and I haven't even been able to idle as much as I'd like due to work (leaving my computer on would probably cost more money than I'd gain from cards...)

Glucose

Neo Member

Easily worth it at that price, if you have any interest in the genre. I saw it compared to Ghosts n Goblins somewhere, and the initial difficulty seems to make it a fair comparison.

Haven't got too far into it myself so I can't really comment on the stat/skill progression aspect of it. I will say it seems like some grinding is expected to get deeper in, or my skills need to be honed a bit!

dani_dc

Before people killed the snow globe card market it was worth it in some cases to create a badge then sell the snow globe you got from it for a decent profit. Could potentially get you a snow globe foil card as well, or a rare background.

I imagine it will crash even harder closer to the 3rd when people start to get desesperated with selling the cards before they expire.

QUACK

You know you want too~

Each time I think I want that game I see the low-quality 3D backgrounds and convince myself to wait for it to get even cheaper.

cicero

this is why I never idle for cards. my gameplay times are pure. my list looks great because of this... even with borderlands 2 sitting much higher than it should

http://steamcommunity.com/id/realityexists/games?tab=all

Well, I made around $60 during the past two weeks selling off the cards I had accumulated by idling since the Summer sale. And I had over $140 through cards and speculation before that sale as well. Who needs pure gameplay times when you have a wad of Steam cash to spend...

Zeliard

im still kinda bummed that farming cards completely ruins your gameplay tracking

now my top played games are random shitty games that happened to had cards and I left running for a few nights

I've got 8 hours on Superfrog HD

I don't even know what that game is.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Each time I think I want that game I see the low-quality 3D backgrounds and convince myself to wait for it to get even cheaper.

My stance is that a game can be flawed but also be enjoyable, which I think DuckTales is. It might go cheaper eventually, but its also a Capcom game, so it might be a while. And the remake is not a bad game, though its not a perfect game either. I found what I've played plenty fun, though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Man, Devil May Cry is not going to win. It better be one of the daily deals, along with deadpool. Those are the expensive games i'm holding out for a better deal.

random

Some of you guys are really amazing.

As it turned out the "Binary Domain" Key I gave away earlier is region locked. I did not know this but the user BorntoPlay could not redeem the key and so he nuked it for me so I can give it away again.

The key is from a German PC Gaming Magazine (Gamestar, issue 13/2013) so it must be locked to Germany.

Anybody who want's the key should either be from Germany or is willing to activate the key via VPN.

I'm German, so I entered (again), but I thought that the problem could also be limited to Venezuela.
But the code is probably for this subscription, restricted to Germany, Austria and Switzerland (so it will work for people in those countries too):

http://steamdb.info/sub/32077/

Anyway, thanks!

If I've only played one WRPG in my life (Fable 1), would The Witcher 2 be a good choice for jumping back into the genre? I've seen it get a lot of love on GAF.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is there any activtiy in Tomb Raider's multiplayer nowadays? Considering purchasing it.

While I will be away, I would love to play sometime. I pay with a few friends now and again, its in my opinion an underrated multiplayer mode that can be a lot of fun.

A few games

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ogedai_Khan:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

dear esther -- MB-D43F9C2347A8EDA8 - Taken by Dragon1893. 6 entrants total.
thomas was alone -- MB-925097B9683AAC3B - Taken by neoism. 2 entrants total.
capsized -- MB-4B867E38875559D6 - Taken by dreamer3kx. 6 entrants total.
little inferno -- MB-FDFFFE6EEE919AAA - Taken by 2n2. 1 entrants total.

t1387754251z1.png

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
People talking about the GAF group when I got invited, joined and then two seconds later left the group. B)

Don't see the point of groups since no one really uses them.

Gurthang

Banned
If I've only played one WRPG in my life (Fable 1), would The Witcher 2 be a good choice for jumping back into the genre? I've seen it get a lot of love on GAF.

No. The Witcher 2 is a bit overwhelming if you have not played many WRPGs in your life

People talking about the GAF group when I got invited, joined and then two seconds later left the group. B)

Don't see the point of groups since no one really uses them.

Well, it helps for people like me who has no friends that play games. All of my friends are boring. So now if I feel like playing a game with someone I'll just post and see if anybody is willing.

speaking of which is there a community on GAF for steam? or is it just individual games in the community?

Heard some good stuff about Rogue Legacy on Weekend Confirmed this week and was hoping it would go on sale. It did so I bought. I'm don't usually like hardcore platformers but I am kind of humbled by this nonsense lol..

Any advice for someone who is totally new to this game or genre?

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Just bought some Sleeping Dogs DLC, and I'm trying to get the Dragon Master Pack for $1.59, but when I click Purchase For Myself on the cart page (both in-browser and through Steam itself), it says this:

9FQ4jJ2.png

Except I don't own any of the DLC items included in the pack. Neither Steam nor Enhanced Steam indicate ownership of any of the DLC items, and adding each individual item and the pack to the cart displays "This item is already in your cart" for the items and "All items in this pack already in cart" for the pack. Should I bite the bullet and pay for all 5 DLC separately for $2.95?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom