• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohoXD123

What are people's opinions on Testament of Sherlock Holmes? Worth getting at that price? It looks pretty interesting from the trailer.

99 Spirits, Agarest, Age of Empires II HD, Alien Colonial Marines, Anachronox, Anodyne, Antichamber, ARMA III, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Assault Android Cactus, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Batman: Arkham Origins, Bionic Dues, Bioshock Infinite, Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2, Broken Sword 5, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, Brutal Legend, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Cart Life, Castle of Illusion, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Cities in Motion 2, Civilization V: Brave New World, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, Cook, Serve, Delicious!, Day-Z, Deadly Premonition, Desktop Dungeons, Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, Dishonored GOTY Edition, Divekick, Divinity: Dragon Commander, DLC Quest, DmC, Don't Starve, DOTA 2, Duke Nukem 3D, Dust, Eldritch, Electronic Super Joy, Escape Goat, Euro Truck Simulator 2013, Europa Universalis 4 , Expeditions: Conquistador, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Fez, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Football Manager 2014, Gone Home, GRID 2, Guacamelee , Gunpoint, Gunslinger, Hate Plus, I Have No Mouth and I must scream, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Inquisitor, Ironclad Tactics, Kentucky Route Zero, Kerbal Space Program, Knock-Knock, La-Mulana, Little Dew, Long Live The Queen, Lost Planet 3, Magic 2014, Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, Marvel Heroes, Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign, Metro: Last Light, Might & Magic: Duel Of Champions, Monaco, Mortal Kombat 9, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst, NBA 2014, Neo Scavenger, Neverwinter, Nuclear Throne, Outlast, PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+, Papers, Please, Papo & Yo, Path of Exile, Payday 2, Pinball Arcade, Pinball FX2, Poker Night 2, Prison Architect, Project CARS, Project Zomboid, Proteus, Rayman Legends, Remember Me, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil Revelations, RetroGrade, Reus, Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages, Rise of The Triad, Rising Storm, Risk Of Rain, Rocksmith 2014, Rogue Legacy, Rome II: Total War, Rugby Challenge 2, Saints Row IV, Sang Froid, Scribblenauts: Unmasked, Shadow Warrior, Shadow Warrior , Shadowrun Returns, Sir, you are being hunted., Skullgirls, Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed, Space Rangers HD, Spelunky, Star Trek, Starbound , starseed pilgrim, State of Decay, Steamworld Dig, Strike Suit Zero, Stronghold HD, Super House of Dead Ninjas, Surgeon Simulator 2013, Sword of the Stars: The Pit, System Shock 2, Teleglitch, The 39 Steps, The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, The Cat Lady, The Cave, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII, The Night of the Rabbit, The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief, The Stanley Parable, The Swapper, The Wolf Among Us, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Tomb Raider, Trials Evolution: Gold Edition, Trine 2: Complete Story, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Underail, Valdis Story: Abyssal City, Volgarr the Viking, Warframe, Wargame: Airland Battle, Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic, Wasteland 2, Wizardry 8, XCOM: Enemy Within, You Don't Know Jack Vol. 4: The Ride, Ys I & II Chronicles+,

Is that meant to be some godly giveaway gone wrong?

Right, I'll pose the question here, since I don't really know the answer. My new laptop is a Toshiba Sattelite with Windows 8.1, a GeForce GTX 740M, 8 gigabytes of RAM and an i3-3110M @ 2.40GHz. I can run most games fine, but after a while they'll drop to desktop and tell me I've run out of memory. I've noticed it with both Fallout 3 and The Walking Dead now, while 8 gigabytes should be more than enough to run those fine. Anyone got an idea what could be causing that, or is it really just a limitation of hardware?

Caerith

What did the patch add?

Remix bosses. Once you've beaten a boss, the door normally closes forever. Now, you can find (from the shrines) an obol that, once given to Charon, opens a new door in the boss rooms and lets you fight a remix of the boss. The remix fights involve pre-built classes (like, level 0 spellsword with sword barrier vs level 255 Neo Khidr) with none of your upgrades, are hard as hell, and, as I understand it, are required to unlock a new hidden class.

The remix fights are a lot of fun, but, as I've said, hard as hell.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Groups are like badges you don't have to buy cards for.

I don't buy cards. B) I sit on them and pray Volvo will give me a new CARd pack/booster to open to finish my badges.

So far, no good. :(

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What? That was Machinarium. The Pit won over, er, some other game whose name I cannot recall in one of yesterday's Community Choice votes.
Super House of Dead Ninjas. :(

I don't buy cards. B) I sit on them and pray Volvo will give me a new CARd pack/booster to open to finish my badges.

I feel your pain. The only booster pack I've ever gotten was for McPixel, one of the badges I don't want to forge. :(

WTF? Are people really doing this?
Keep an eye on this page if you want to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Voted Resident Evil 6.

Cause Steam's janked all of us who voted for it around.

ku-xlarge.gif
The tearing in this .gif made my eyes bleed. Literally.

aScaris

Everybody should be buying La-Mulana, who doesn't have it already.

I bought it just out of curiosity... the trailer looked cool, it was cheap and I had never heard of it. One hour in I gotta say it looks REALLY promising :) Everything about this game screams retro-greatness :D Does anyone hav any information on this game? To me it appeared out of nowhere

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What's the Tomb Raider DLC which actually gived content and not just skins?

Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is a side area in the campaign which is consisted of one puzzle, which can be accessed fairly early in the game. It was a pre-order thing.

Outside of a few boosts for single player (never interested in these), there's the multiplayer map pack, which if you like the multiplayer (I do) has a good assortment of some pretty fun maps to mess around in with friends.

ArynCrinn

Banned
What? That was Machinarium. The Pit won over, er, some other game whose name I cannot recall in one of yesterday's Community Choice votes.

Yeah, you're right, got that mixed up, still, same stupid votes.

Ahh yes, The Pit won over Super House of Dead Ninja's. Another "great community pick" right there...

Dusk Golem

The tearing in this .gif made my eyes bleed. Literally.

It bothered me as well but why I had to pick it. If it means anything, its the GIF and not the PC version of the game (the 360 version tears in cutscenes though, but this is Steam GAF, the PC Port of Resident Evil 6 is actually pretty fantastic, as in its definitely the best version of the game).

Dambrosi

Banned

I buy cards...or, rather, I have bought cards, in order to craft badges and increase my level. I'm now at Level 21, which should be more than enough for now. I'll save up all the globes and other cards I get from now on and put them up on the market nearer the end of the sale. Hopefully, they'll net me some nice profits from completionists desperate to craft those Winter Sale badges before the snow globes melt away. Although I may have just jinxed myself there, lol.

As an aside, I can wholeheartedly believe someone would craft a Level 70+ badge. Dem DOTA 2 items, mang.

It bothered me as well but why I had to pick it. If it means anything, its the GIF and not the PC version of the game (the 360 version tears in cutscenes though, but this is Steam GAF, the PC Port of Resident Evil 6 is actually pretty fantastic, as in its definitely the best version of the game).

Is that a literal titty monster?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What did the patch add?

Steam Cards for Rogue Legacy was actually added back in September. Recent patch added a lot of stuff that's good though.

- Added 5 boss remixes to the game.

- Added 1 new class.

- Added 4 new traits.

- Added 28 new rooms.

- Added ability to reduce shader effect quality for people playing on slower machines.

More http://cellardoorgames.com/blog/?p=905

- Added 6 new Steam achievements

Dusk Golem

Is that a literal titty monster?

re6-lepotitsa.jpg

The monster is actually a real toughie. It has a shit ton of HP and can cause a lot of damage. While, it is in fact, a titty monster, it excels gas from them which not only can insta-down you if you're near it when it does this (it telegraphs it quite a bit ahead of time though), but turns anyone not already a zombie near it into a zombie, which if not careful can quickly make huge swarms of zombies.

There's some questionable monsters in RE6.

Bossfightre6.png

RE6_4.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Proteus is on sale for $3.39.

It's a really unique, experimental indie game about exploring this island. It's all about traveling around and seeing what the world has to offer. It's the kind of game you throw headphones on, space out, and just explore. It has seasons that you jump between, and it offers really interesting visuals.

It's totally worth a look.

The image below is animated, an APNG. It will appear as a regular image until it finishes loading, then it begins animating.

If you've got Firefox, it'll just work.

If you've got chrome, then just grab the APNG extension from the chrome store and refresh this page.

If you've got Internet Explorer then lol.

Animated PNG

Smoother Version

This is a time lapse just going through a typical day. From midnight to midnight takes 15 minutes.

~Edited as some peoples computers couldn't handle the size~

Dambrosi

Banned
I think it's time for Lamulana. I love Dark Souls. Should I get it? :) The price is unbelievable.
At that price, you can't really go wrong.

I would have put it in my Steam GOTY picks, but I want to put it in my GAF GOTY list instead. It's right up there with the likes of Spelunky and Super Mario 3D Land, IMO.

And another day of surviving the sales by virtue of owning literally everything on daily sale
Same. I've spent less than $10 total so far. I don't know if I should be happy that I'm not buying shit en masse anymore or incredibly sad at all of the money I've spent in the past.
Keep an eye on this page if you want to find out how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Someone has leveled up that badge 70 times? And the foil badge over 10 times? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I should add Vsync to Opera.

If I could have it my way, even real life would have Vsync enabled. Tearing is the worst crime against nature ever.

Steam Cards for Rogue Legacy was actually added back in September. Recent patch added a lot of stuff that's good though.

- Added 5 boss remixes to the game.

- Added 1 new class.

- Added 4 new traits.

- Added 28 new rooms.

- Added ability to reduce shader effect quality for people playing on slower machines.

More http://cellardoorgames.com/blog/?p=905

- Added 6 new Steam achievements

woa I didn't know that, cool! will check it later when I get home.

btw, for those on the fence: Super House of Dead Ninjas, La Mulana and Rogue Legacy are must-buy games, you shouldn't miss any of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom