• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to your Badges page. Click on the "How do I earn card drops?" link of the Holiday Sale 2013 badge.

There you'll find not only the dollar amount you've spent this sale (and thus know your progress to the next card) but how many cards you've already earned through purchases and voting.

Awesome. And exactly where someone would think to look. I was a fool to expect that information on the stores checkout page.

Minamu

Alright I'll Buy Lamulana in a jiffy, just need to go get my credit card upstairs. Too bad I don't have a good enough pc to play it on (no, really) until next year when I'm back home at my own place. This laptop can barely play youtube clips without hiccups.

Arthea

ibwxjZ0i1fcbIf.png

The longer I do this, the less I understand why I just don't go to sleep like normal people do, not like we'll suddenly get -90% to BNW in flash sales or anything. And I can't beat a stupid volcano, not now at almost 3 in the morning.

Alright I'll Buy Lamulana in a jiffy, just need to go get my credit card upstairs. Too bad I don't have a good enough pc to play it on (no, really) until next year when I'm back home at my own place. This laptop can barely play youtube clips without hiccups.

Old netbook? I don't know how a laptop from 2009 and up wouldn't run La-Mulana.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
10 mins

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-D3537714FA0EC6A5 - Taken by Jignx. 11 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-A613211CFF02DC20 - Taken by DXLelouch153. 9 entrants total.

t1387758931z1.png

wildfire

Banned
Ha. I was just thinking about how I never finished old school Tomb Raider thanks to this steam sale and it turns out the daily deal also applies to all the old Tomb Raider games. I just picked up Anniversary Edition.

I voted for TWD only because RE6 was there, otherwise I would have gone with DmC, although I don't know that I'd buy it at 12.50 anyways. Backlog has gotten out of control and I probably wouldn't get to it before going back to school.

Random question: do the "branded" steam cards they sell at retail lock you in to buying the game printed on the card? Like at gamestop they have $20 dota 2 cards, $39.99 bioshock infinite cards, etc. Reading the back of the cards, it looks like they'll just add cash to your wallet and take you to the store page for the game, but there's nothing actually forcing you to spend the funds on that particular game. I've never used one though, so I don't really know.

Gazoinks

I just finished Gone Home.

Damn, great little game. Awesome year for quiet, narrative game experiences. Loved Dear Esther & To The Moon as well.

Every time someone mentions nice things about this game I get sadder that I don't yet have it. :p

On the bright side, I got a booster! Till possible Xmas money, all my Steam purchases will be through card sales, so this was a nice turn of events since I was all out.

The_Monk

!

If you let Steam idle in Big Picture mode, after a while the menu disappear and it's just snow dropping, didn't knew that! So relaxing... :)

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I posted this earlier in this thread for the previous sale, would anyone be able to help?

I am thinking of picking up Tomb Raider since it is on sale again and I haven't played any of them for years.

Is it worth my time to get the Tomb Raider Collection since it has all of the games?

I noticed in the collection it does not include the Survival Edition, is it worth it to just get the survival edition or just get the collection with all of the other games as well?

Thanks

Is shadow warrior also worth it?

Gazoinks

Come on Paradox. CK2 is on Daily and you're still not discounting Sons of Abraham. Fine! I didn't want your stupid religious factions anyway!

Copons

Thanks to based Humble Store, yesterday (or whatever) I snagged Guacamelee for basically nothing, and aided by the fact that my gf went by her parents for the holidays, I got to try it with 100% calm, peace and concentration.

And it was like, "ok let me try this for a couple of minutes, then back sovietizing in Papers Please" -> "yeah, pop culture references are funny, but they're too many, plz stop really" -> "OMFG it's 3 hours already" -> "POLLO POWER" -> "Definitely GOTY".

I'm finding it a pretty good light metroidvania
not really a roguelike, sorry guyz
with brilliant art and interesting mechanics.
I (still?) can't get accustomed to the gameplay, as it feels a little sloppy sometimes, but probably it's just that I'm not really used to this kind of games anymore.

I'm very much appreciating the fact that I actually want to try to get every single collectible around, instead of just don't give a shit, and the fact that achievements are linked to sidequests.

Pollo Power is a great touch of genius, more so because I was expecting something in the vein of Metroid, so I was positively surprised by it. Also, I love chicken. I'd trade my cat for a chicken, like, without even thinking twice.

And now a customary seizure:

FloatOn

when castlevania doesn't have shadow of colossus clone boss fights it pretty much has hyper fast artorias of the abyss boss fights.

my eyes are watering from preventing myself from blinking for extend periods of time. The Lycan lord will have to be another day.

Gone Home was incredbile. My second favorite game of the year, seriously blew me away.

I played through Gone Home yesterday as well and thought it was pretty neat. I then went to the game forums on Steam and it was quite interesting to read some of the little bits I had missed and theories surrounding the characters and events in the game.

I'm surprised that Steam user reviews (and the Metacritic user score) are largely negative though.

zkylon

zkylewd
You need to add that to your screenshots/community feed.
lol, really?

Could you show the picture to us?
Well... show us the picture.
But where's the Picture? Did I missed it?
sorry, I'm embarrassed to for some reason lol

Oh wow. IIRC there's a developer achievement of sharing a beer with some Canadian dev in... forgetting the name.

Props to you for doing that, but man I hate those.
why? it was the most fun shit ever. I had never made cake before :I

also sharing a beer with mca would be my favorite achievement ever

e-mail it to the developer is nice touch ;)
did you?
yup, you need to if you want to get the achievement.

Actiss

Caved in and bought Ducktales. My brother has it and recommended it quite a bit. I've never actually played the original so I'm looking forward to giving it a shot.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
when castlevania doesn't have shadow of colossus clone boss fights it pretty much has hyper fast artorias of the abyss boss fights.

my eyes are watering from preventing myself from blinking for extend periods of time. The Lycan lord will have to be another day.

Yep, just give me a 75%, Steam!

Gazoinks

I played through Gone Home yesterday as well and thought it was pretty neat. I then went to the game forums on Steam and it was quite interesting to read some of the little bits I had missed and theories surrounding the characters and events in the game.

I'm surprised that Steam user reviews (and the Metacritic user score) are largely negative though.

Steam responds negatively to anything that goes in for being vaguely "artsy" or minimizing standard gameplay elements.

Thanks to based Humble Store, yesterday (or whatever) I snagged Guacamelee for basically nothing, and aided by the fact that my gf went by her parents for the holidays, I got to try it with 100% calm, peace and concentration.

And it was like, "ok let me try this for a couple of minutes, then back sovietizing in Papers Please" -> "yeah, pop culture references are funny, but they're too many, plz stop really" -> "OMFG it's 3 hours already" -> "POLLO POWER" -> "Definitely GOTY".

I'm finding it a pretty good light metroidvania
not really a roguelike, sorry guyz
with brilliant art and interesting mechanics.
I (still?) can't get accustomed to the gameplay, as it feels a little sloppy sometimes, but probably it's just that I'm not really used to this kind of games anymore.

I'm very much appreciating the fact that I actually want to try to get every single collectible around, instead of just don't give a shit, and the fact that achievements are linked to sidequests.

Pollo Power is a great touch of genius, more so because I was expecting something in the vein of Metroid, so I was positively surprised by it. Also, I love chicken. I'd trade my cat for a chicken, like, without even thinking twice.

And now a customary seizure:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by this game, even if a lot of the humor fell a bit flat. The platforming was solid, had a nice Metroidvania feel while still being pretty linear, and the combat is a lot of fun.

Ezra2680

sorry, I'm embarrassed to for some reason lol

why? it was the most fun shit ever. I had never made cake before :I

also sharing a beer with mca would be my favorite achievement ever

yup, you need to if you want to get the achievement.

How does this work? Does it just give the achievment tied to the account tied to the email?

Yeah, it seems as if the game is polarized. People either love it or hate it. Though the complaints I have seen are absurd, "This isn't game," Not saying that that is the only complaint everyone has, but it for the most part outside of GAF that is what I have seen.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I really wanna buy Duck Tales, but no money in my steam wallet. I want to buy a steam wallet card tomorrow. As I have a $10 gc from gamestop. Hopefully it goes back before the sale is over.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ok thanks. My friend said he would not recommend Dragon Age Origins either. So looks like I'll skip both.

I had never played a WRPG before DAO (with the exception of maybe Oblivion). I instantly fell in love with the game. Its fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom