• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
yay

ibboZZPE2u1wtN.png

Dear god

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I have been looking at that game as well, and I'm tempted to pick it up. How do you like it so far?

I very much like it, its my first foray into the procedural stuff and I like it. The brutality seems like a core appeal to the challenge. Its well design and fresh.

Worth the money.

oipic

If I could have it my way, even real life would have Vsync enabled. Tearing is the worst crime against nature ever.

Seconded. I think I'd accept the trade of real-life jaggies in order to have all my games perfectly anti-aliased, too, while we're at it.

(or perhaps I just need to upgrade my card/PC)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Reposting because I'm kind of dumb and meant to do a 15 minute timer in the first place

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-A7765D9A845E4D6B - Taken by Skab. 10 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-E23F6705EAF89CF1 - Taken by MTMBStudios. 12 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-C8C661F5CB8887EE - Taken by Jignx. 3 entrants total.

t1387757895z1.png

Infinity

Well, I can't really explain as well as most, but just play games and after a period of time you randomly get cards. always try to sell like a penny or 2 lower than the lowest.

That's exactly what I did. I accumulated a shitload of cards over a period of time and now during this sale, I've sold them all for cheap.

Got 4.97 in my wallet.

I think it's time for Lamulana. I love Dark Souls. Should I get it? :) The price is unbelievable.

Be aware that despite people calling it the Dark Souls of platforming..it really is nothing like Dark Souls beyond the very start where you have no idea where to go or what to do and the general structure.

It is a puzzle/exploration game with pretty poor platformer mechanics mixed in with some excellent boss fights. Despite that sounding negative, I think it is also one of the more interesting games I've ever played.

If you have any interest in game design at all, I would highly recommend la-mulana. At worst, grab a walkthrough and see how it is all put together. It really is something else.

-Deaths aren't important. Fear no losing a single character, Rogue Legacy makes it so you start right back up with some changes.
-Armour and weapons can go a long way early on, so focus on that a bit more than individual stat boosts.
-Destroy everything. Don't leave an area until you've killed all the enemies and destroyed every object, you want that gold.
-Only upgrade the Pogo stick attack once, beyond that it's the least important of all stats.
-One of the best runes (extra abilities) you can get is the double jump. Air dash can get you a long way as well.
-The cost of activating each rune goes up each time you do so, so don't activate one unless you really want to use it.
-Use a controller. Play around with the settings for the best feel of sensitivity for the down attack.
- Yes it's a game of "grinding", but you can get quite far without grinding. Learn how best to swing the sword for the widest arc (you can attack from underneath an enemy at times), learn how best to use that magic (make an opponent get hit twice with an axe or circle disc thing), etc.
- Don't be afraid to use your magic, it's there to kill enemies, don't let it just sit there not helping you. The game will provide a good amount of potions to refil it and later runes or armour can help get it back as well.
-Have fun.

Thank you sir.

NewFresh

Holy crap you legend! Thanks very much :D

I will give it a whirl today.

I figured I owed you for "twisting the knife". ;)

I hope you enjoy it!

Also, thank you in advance. I really did not expect anything in return. Let it be known that Dingotech is very generous and very cool.

Juice

I just finished Gone Home.

Damn, great little game. Awesome year for quiet, narrative game experiences. Loved Dear Esther & To The Moon as well.

Why doesnt Steam tell me exactly how far I am from getting the next card? It's just a damn bar. Oh I need like 1/20th of the bar to get the next card.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I hope Morrowind ends up as a daily. I can't believe they're trying to sell that shit for 20 bucks still. 5 or bust.

I just finished Gone Home.

Damn, great little game. Awesome year for quiet, narrative game experiences. Loved Dear Esther & To The Moon as well.

I want to play Gone Home pretty badly.
A couple of weeks ago I played Dear Esther with my son watching and it was quite the experience. He was happy just to watch the excellent visuals while I enjoyed the introspective experience.

People are baking cakes for an achievement? Now I've seen everything lol.

Some of those Hate Plus screenshot section's cakes look delicious though.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Why doesnt Steam tell me exactly how far I am from getting the next card? It's just a damn bar. Oh I need like 1/20th of the bar to get the next card.
Go to your Badges page. Click on the "How do I earn card drops?" link of the Holiday Sale 2013 badge.

There you'll find not only the dollar amount you've spent this sale (and thus know your progress to the next card) but how many cards you've already earned through purchases and voting.

Caerith

Oh wow. IIRC there's a developer achievement of sharing a beer with some Canadian dev in... forgetting the name.

Props to you for doing that, but man I hate those.

Sewer Brew for Dungeons of Dredmore. It was added initially as "Attend the Gaslamp Games 2011 Penny Arcade Expo Drinking Event" but I think was changed to just "Meet somebody from Gaslamp Games and consume Alcholic Beverages in their presence."

I'll let R.J. MacReady summarize my response to that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P155qPVaPMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom