• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohoXD123

No feels were delivered in my place, so, everyone can't board that train ;)
OTOH I boarded Journey train and it was glorious, with feels and all. So there are to had feels for everybody, just in different ways.

Hmm, the To The Moon train is usually effective in delivering a feels-heavy journey, but fair enough, it may not appeal to some people ;) The Gone Home train may be a viable alternative?

Arthea

Any advice for getting through TW1 combat with as little hassle as possible? I don't mean the usual steel vs silver advice (I don't even have the silver sword yet, but I've read the books), and I intend to explore and sidequest as much as possible (I mean, my first playthrough of New Vegas clocked in at 195 hours, so I like to be thorough), but the combat... feels really unresponsive and random. Is there some way to cheese it?

It's not really that bad, you'll get used to it, not particularly good, that's true.
I don't know why you feel it's unresponsive though.

Hmm, the To The Moon train is usually effective in delivery a feels-heavy journey, but fair enough, it may not appeal to some people ;) The Gone Home train may be a viable alternative?

Ya, I intend to play it sometime. We'll see.

zkylon

zkylewd
Any advice for getting through TW1 combat with as little hassle as possible? I don't mean the usual steel vs silver advice (I don't even have the silver sword yet, but I've read the books), and I intend to explore and sidequest as much as possible (I mean, my first playthrough of New Vegas clocked in at 195 hours, so I like to be thorough), but the combat... feels really unresponsive and random. Is there some way to cheese it?
hmm hard to say since I haven't played it in a long time and actually I like tw1 combat better for some unknown reason

you might want to spec deep into magic and just abuse igni if you don't like the timing based part of the game. it's kinda rough early on but the whole game is pretty tough early on (specially stupid chapter 1 wolf boss). it's not super op but it's strong

also in general don't dismiss buff potions and oils, they're really strong and you can just go through an area, get destroyed, quickload and buff and oil up accordingly with your acquired knowledge.

and I dunno, getting the timing right comes with practice, just don't give up on it if you suck early on :p

yuraya

Dead Space 2 lost

ImprobableDownrightEchidna.gif

:(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
OTOH I boarded Journey train and it was glorious, with feels and all. So there are to had feels for everybody, just in different ways.
I'd love to get on the Journey train, but first I would need to steal a PS3 delivery truck :/

Caerith

What the hell, why not both.
Costume Quest? The main game is Halloween themed (I mean, it's a game about trick-or-treating), but the included DLC chapter is winter-themed (one of your friends is captured by the villains, so you embark on a rescue, via trick-or-treating... in December).

Arkham City? Because it's snowing and you can talk to Calendar Man on xmas itself for a special dialogue about the true meaning of xmas.

Rogue Legacy? Because Santa and his reindeer are totally, I am not making this up, in it.

Fallout: New Vegas? Because patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Dambrosi

Banned
With that and a little credit I had in my account, it came to under a fiver for me. I was gonna hold out for the PS3 Ultimate Edition due to added Mirror Of Fate HD, but that's too good a price to pass up. Thanks for the heads-up, arts&crafts.

To those who say "shoulda waited for the dailies", I severely doubt that Steam will offer this game for anything near a fiver. Amazon, either.

It isn`t quite random. All you have to do (unless they changed something considerably ever since i played it, before E.E.) is pick the proper style for the ammount of enemies you're facing, and time your clicks to when the cursor lights up. Geralt will combo until nearly everything dies.

Use magic or alchemy if you feel like it, wasn't really needed on normal.

Trying to initially sign in was a fucking nightmare. Which is required to actually play the game, there is no way to bypass it.

I had 3 hours logged in on Steam for Max Payne before I even managed to log in.

I'd say just skip this piece of shit, it's not even a good game. Save yourself the $4 or whatever it's going for now, there's a reason it's that cheap.

Thanks. I hate Steam games using additional DRM.

hohoXD123

I don't see how to the Moon can make anyone cry, but then again people are different.

For the love of god don't read this if you have any intention of playing the game:
Well, some people may cry because River died believing that she had failed in reminding her husband of their first meeting, or that Johnny died in a reality which involved his twin brother getting killed at an early age and his wife passing away due to lack of funds for her treatment.

Nakazato

Im thinking of forgoing RL cause I rather play it on ps4/vita... But Im now interested in the witcher any thoughts on the witcher one and 2.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I don't think I've ever seen TWD lose a community vote in all the years of sales it's been in.

Also, been playing some random backlog stuff while we wait for the new set of flash sales, and the combination of tower defense building and meh shooting in Sanctuary 2 is surprisingly fun.

Fallout: New Vegas? Because patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Lmao.

Caerith

It's not really that bad, you'll get used to it, not particularly good, that's true.
I don't know why you feel it's unresponsive though.

hmm hard to say since I haven't played it in a long time and actually I like tw1 combat better for some unknown reason

you might want to spec deep into magic and just abuse igni if you don't like the timing based part of the game. it's kinda rough early on but the whole game is pretty tough early on (specially stupid chapter 1 wolf boss). it's not super op but it's strong

also in general don't dismiss buff potions and oils, they're really strong and you can just go through an area, get destroyed, quickload and buff and oil up accordingly with your acquired knowledge.

and I dunno, getting the timing right comes with practice, just don't give up on it if you suck early on :p

It isn`t quite random. All you have to do (unless they changed something considerably ever since i played it, before E.E.) is pick the proper style for the ammount of enemies you're facing, and time your clicks to when the cursor lights up. Geralt will combo until nearly everything dies.

Use magic or alchemy if you feel like it, wasn't really needed on normal.

The first time I played, nobody's attack animations actually, you know, animated. Geralt would just stand there holding his sword and people would randomly die in front of him. I had to verify files, etc, to fix that. Now, Geralt swings, but enemy animations don't always animate-- meaning I get hit without knowing it, take damage seemingly from nowhere. That's why it feels random.

I mean, it's gotten better with Aard + execute, since that basically bypasses the fights, but still... I'll just press on until I get Igni, I guess.

FloatOn

Reposting for new page. Anyone?

I'm playing lords of shadow right now and I'd say it's totally worth it at that price.

I think I paid 12.50 for my copy and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm not sure how long the GMG deal lasts so I wouldn't hesitate to make the purchase.

zkylon

zkylewd
The first time I played, nobody's attack animations actually, you know, animated. Geralt would just stand there holding his sword and people would randomly die in front of him. I had to verify files, etc, to fix that. Now, Geralt swings, but enemy animations don't always animate-- meaning I get hit without knowing it, take damage seemingly from nowhere. That's why it feels random.

I mean, it's gotten better with Aard + execute, since that basically bypasses the fights, but still... I'll just press on until I get Igni, I guess.

just so you know, enemies and geralt are supposed to animate lol

so yea your game might be bugged for some reason

multistunning with aard is also very strong. the other spells are kinda useless so I just used a lot of those two

Arthea

For the love of god don't read this if you have any intention of playing the game:
Well, some people may cry because River died believing that she had failed in reminding her husband of their first meeting, or that Johnny died in a reality which involved his twin brother getting killed at an early age and his wife passing away due to lack of funds for her treatment.

I'm not saying people can't cry,
I just find all idea of having real memories replaced by some fabricated reality willingly simply stupid, especially when one is already dieing, delivering of this story with banter of doctors was OK, made it bearable, but story itself was bad and boring, not to mention that I can't wrap my head around how a long dead kid brother is more important than a wife he spent all life with. It all just don't sit with me, all of it.

aeolist

Banned
man i have been playing the fuck out of risk of rain and it is crazy and awesome

if it goes back on sale everyone should buy it

catmario

I just bought CS:GO, AOE 2 HD, and La-mulana...

Oh man... even if my PC doesn't have any Graphic cards, steam is stealing my wallet!!!!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im back. Still on work but reading gaf.

Did I missed anything cool?

All games were free for 30 mins all delisted steam games showed up and Half Life 3, L4D3 and Portal 3 dropped too? Ohh myyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom