• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

In that respect I feel a little bad, I won it during a Giantbomb stream the other day. I believe they were donated by someone that worked on it.

No reason to feel bad.

If you're still early in the game, remember to set your advanced controls if you haven't already. Setting buttons for spear and roll will help out a lot down the line.

Don't companies get alot more revenue if they have deeper discounts during sales? Why doesn't Disney or Activision understand this?

It does give them more revenue in the short run, but I bet they have the idea of "perceived value." If someone is able to buy their game for $5, rather than thinking "I got a great deal," they might think "This is what Disney/Activision games are worth." Sometimes people think the reputation and the "brand" is more important than the profits.

Of course there is a negative corollary to this, in that they can also be perceived as "the companies too cheap to offer good sales."

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
In that respect I feel a little bad, I won it during a Giantbomb stream the other day. I believe they were donated by someone that worked on it.

Why feel bad? The developers were giving away the game for that reason.

If you feel bad not paying for it, and you end up liking it, just share the positive buzz about it.

Also, congrats dude. You've got fingers of lightning lol.

Volgarr the Viking is very, very good. It feels more "pure"than most modern "retro platformers", which I like. I think part of that comes from the lack of air crontrol.

Zushin

It does give them more revenue in the short run, but I bet they have the idea of "perceived value." If someone is able to buy their game for $5, rather than thinking "I got a great deal," they might think "This is what Disney/Activision games are worth." Sometimes people think the reputation and the "brand" is more important than the profits.

Of course there is a negative corollary to this, in that they can also be perceived as "the companies too cheap to offer good sales."

Yeah, that's what most people would think I reckon. Especially on extremely old titles, doesn't really seem like it would tarnish the brand of games that came out 10+ years ago. Hopefully they'll learn eventually :|

Derrick01

Banned
Sales are kind of losing steam (HA!) now. Didn't buy anything today or yesterday, but I want to. Bring me farming simulator and I will bring the cash Gabe.

rrs

The YDKJ bundle is a sweet deal, but do not buy the 2011ish version of it, it's way better on consoles and the PC got an awful port.

Also beware the older YDKJ games are 4:3 and are gog like ports: no online MP at all.

Hakkuei

I have Mount and Blade, but I don't have Warband, so I buy just it, correct?
Yes, + Napoleonic Wars if you play multiplayer.

I plan on buying Mount & Blade: Warband as a gift for someone and I was wondering if the Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars DLC is actually worth it. Is it? Or should I just stick with the base Warband game? Any help I could get with this would be appreciated.
It's totally worth it but it's a multiplayer only DLC, so keep that in mind.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Can't I buy a bundle and have one game in it as an item in my inventory because I already have it?

EDIT: nvm, it doesn't work :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

I love the Jedi Knight series, and Jedi Outcast is one of my favorite games of all time, but damn if I'm going to buy them at their current price. At this point and with games this old it's not a matter of keeping value anymore, I think.

Dec

No reason to feel bad.

If you're still early in the game, remember to set your advanced controls if you haven't already. Setting buttons for spear and roll will help out a lot down the line.

Before seeing how it worked I was using a controller. For some reason that seemed like it would be the best way to play based on the trailer, but afterwards I switched to keyboard and while I was changing controls I found that stuff. Seriously needed. I don't know how I could get very far without those.

I'm in the second world I guess, the water one, figuring out the boat section.

Why feel bad? The developers were giving away the game for that reason.

If you feel bad not paying for it, and you end up liking it, just share the positive buzz about it.

Also, congrats dude. You've got fingers of lightning lol.

I was going to buy it during the sale and got the give away key is all. A friend is already going to get it if it pops up so that should counter my freebie.

I got it when Rorie started adding ?'s to the url, it happened to be the second number I tried.

belushy

Banned
Man... sucks I have to wait until the 27th before I can sell cards again. Would probably be able to sell to get enough to buy Warband... Only a few cents away lol

Arthea

I bought the Bridge and Warband.
Finally can go to sleep some, although what's the point when it's almost 5 in the morning (><)

Since the Walking Dead 400 Days is also on sale for this (1.74 ish), I was wondering to those that played this - is the length comparable to a single episode? What's the point of DLC in this case, it doesn't seem to expand on the Season 1 story at all. Is the allure starting and stopping at "more"?

Haunted

Alright, if I only have time for one Mount & Blade campaign, which one's the one to get and why?

The original, Warband or with Fire and Sword?

Sorry to anyone who wants Battlefield 2 or Jedi Knight, because I always bet on Duke.
I see what you did there.

Since the Walking Dead 400 Days is also on sale for this (1.74 ish), I was wondering to those that played this - is the length comparable to a single episode? What's the point of DLC in this case, it doesn't seem to expand on the Season 1 story at all. Is the allure starting and stopping at "more"?

400 days doesn't last long and is a bit shorter than an episode.

The idea is that the characters will show up in season 2 and your decisions will come into play in some way. In reality it is just more of the same (good) for characters you don't care even slightly about (not so good)

It's pretty much an extended interactive trailer to season two.

The choices you make feed into the final big choice at the end, which will feed into season two.

Erekiddo

It's not just on GAF, why don't people learn the rules of these steam sales?

- don't buy anything until the end unless it's flash, daily or community.

- no one knows what'll go on sale.

I swear. Broken records on every forum I visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom