• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also made myself a delicious mug of eggnog

1497623_10151913091058515_951312595_n.jpg

there is probably too much rum in this.

Omg, that looks delicious, I need to go get some ASAP.

Nabs

when cards first appeared I made about $100 in the first few weeks

it was nuts, and nothing like these $0.10 prices

Indie games kept buying more indie games.

I wonder if the console release has anything to do with the fact that game hasn't been on sale at all for like a year now. Both the Summer and Winter sale have had it at full price.

Nope. This is a common thing with them. I think they've had one or maybe two weekend deals, and then a humble bundle. They skip these big sales for some reason. It's bad.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-9975183FE3C53074 - Taken by Jiggaloboy

t1387771212z1.png

Riposte for the last chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Good luck.

Santini

Warband is an improved version of the original. WF&S changed things up a bit, but it's overall weaker in most places that count.

There's also way more mods for Warband and vanilla M&B then WF&S.

Speaking of, for those looking to expand their single player M&B experience, I had a lot of fun with Gekokujo (a take on feudal Japan) for Warband, as well as the 1866 (wild west) and Star Wars mods for vanilla M&B.

Gazoinks

There's also way more mods for Warband and vanilla M&B then WF&S.

Speaking of, for those looking to expand their single player M&B experience, I had a lot of fun with Gekokujo (a take on feudal Japan) for Warband, as well as the 1866 (wild west) and Star Wars mods for vanilla M&B.

The Floris Mod Pack is also great. It's not a total conversion, but it's basically Warband but even better and with more stuff. Warband also has a fun Wild West mod, but I don't remember what it's called.

Riposte for the last chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

Good luck.

Thanks for the super generous giveaway! Sent!

LuuKyK

For those that mocked me, I did not buy a single game yet. Who is laughing now?
tennis.gif

giving myself a break from castlevania and decided to play some dustforce. a title I neglected for far too long. game is great

I also made myself a delicious mug of eggnog

1497623_10151913091058515_951312595_n.jpg

there is probably too much rum in this.

Oh wow, this looks tasty.

megalowho

All about that You Don't Know Jack Classic Pack. Worth it for me just to refocus my fuzzy memories of Sports, Movies and Television, interested to see how outdated those are. Never played The Ride either, had always wanted to. Would prefer this on GOG since I do most of my old school PC shopping there but can't beat the price.

The problem with Witcher 2 is that it keeps throwing names as if we know everything. It's definitely hard to keep up at times.

I don't remember DAO did it too much, the game is definitely more inviting than Witcher 2 lore wise.

Dragon Age Origin is boiler plate fantasy, it's kind of hard to mess that up.

LuuKyK

Btw, for people on the fence about Tomb Raider. I really recommend it. Its fun. This is coming from someone that for a long time claimed the game was probably going to end up being a clear Uncharted rip off, and honestly, even if they do share a lot of similarities the game still shines on its own imo. It probably will make into my top 10 GOTY list that I am currently working on (had to stop though because I am almost done with my Tales of Xillia plat ;-;).

A meeting room at Disney headquarters. Above chart on the projector, Valve's e-mail asking for this year's discount proposal is open on people's notebooks. The Disney exec in suit turns around, looks into the eyes of each of the middle-level managers with a smug grin.

"40% off Jedi Knight should easily match that."

The room erupts in enthusiastic nodding and applause.

Disney board room

9b5.jpg

EDIT: HOLY PANTS SOMEONE BOUGHT MY FOIL CHERRY TREE HILL COMEDY CLUB CARD AHAHAHAHA

llPzTGv.png

mileS

Btw, for people on the fence about Tomb Raider. I really recommend it. Its fun. This is coming from someone that for a long time claimed the game was probably going to end up being a clear Uncharted rip off, and honestly, even if they do share a lot of similarities the game still shines on its own imo. It probably will make into my top 10 GOTY list that I am currently working on (had to stop though because I am almost done with my Tales of Xillia plat ;-;).

Fully agree with this. Tomb Raider was quite the surprise. As others have said tho, Amazon is supposed to have it on for $5 on the 24th. What I've been reading at least.

Dr.Acula

Banned
A meeting room at Disney headquarters. Above chart on the projector, Valve's e-mail asking for this year's discount proposal is open on people's notebooks. The Disney exec in suit turns around, looks into the eyes of each of the middle-level managers with a smug grin.

"40% off Jedi Knight should easily match that."

The room erupts in enthusiastic nodding and applause.

You know, for FEZ guy, that's a big deal, but if some Game sells a MILLION units at even 60 bucks, that's a rounding error for Disney. They really could
;)
care less about Steam (maybe if they owned Steam).

Well, imo, Witcher 2 is better in every way. But they both play differently so it is not fair to really compare.

Dragon Age Origins it's an old school real-time with pause, meaning that you control your party in real time, but you can hit pause to decide you next move. You can give orders to all the characters.
The Witcher 2 it's more like an action game.

The Witcher 2 has much more action-based combat (disclaimer: I've only played it for about two hours) with you needing to dodge enemies, with manual attacks and everything. So, combat really plays more like an action game than a traditional RPG. DAO on the other hand IS more of a traditional RPG with less focus on action (you can even pause the combat to issue commands) where you just need to position yourself well and can either auto-attack or trigger special abilities, and everything is ruled by the virtual dice.

Based on the games you like , I think you'll do fine with TW2 .

Damn you guys. I might just have to pull the trigger on TW2. Thanks for all the replies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Happy Holidays, SteamGAF. I hope whoever wins this raffle enjoys the shit out of this game like I did.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shadow Warrior -- MB-73D57093E86697AA - Taken by Casimir. 60 entrants total.

t1387780352z1.png

Tomb Raider 2013 straddles the same awkward gap that Hitman Absolution did and Thi4f likely will in that it's not inherently a bad game, it's also not a great entry in its own series. Tomb Raider 2013 feels weirdly out of place because Crystal Dynamics had been on the right track with Legend, Anniversary and Underworld and TR2013 kind of threw that all away. The story tries to convey how vulnerable and inexperienced Lara is, meanwhile you're murdering hundreds of dudes in the game almost from word go and surviving these ridiculous scripted sequences. She's fragile in the cinematics and superhuman in the game. The story also starts off trying to be relatively grounded but by the end it's all Big Trouble in Little China ridiculous. Initially you have to hunt for food/survival but that mechanic/interesting idea is tossed aside almost as quickly as it was introduced. It quickly becomes a means to farm for the dumb arbitrary experience bar system so you can unlock abilities and feel like you're progressing. It really felt like Uncharted with a different protagonist and a dumb experience system tacked on to it.

Worth 10$? Sure, I guess.

Yeah, the DA series has never known what it is.

I've never played DA2, so I can't comment on it but what I've played of Origins, the mythos and world of Dragon Age are derivative, black and white Tolkien-fare. The Witcher is a much more established world that goes beyond just the two games to the novels they're loosely based off of. So yeah, maybe The Witcher games aren't as transparent as they could be but it's really hard to fuck up the archetypal things they're going for in Dragon-Age.

I was underwhelmed by both. I did love Skyrim and Mass Effect though, so what do I know?

I kinda preferred the first Witcher if anything.

Interesting. I've never played any of those games so it's tough because I don't have any reference points. Why didn't you really like The Witcher 1 & 2?

Turfster

Tomb Raider 2013 straddles the same awkward gap that Hitman Absolution did and Thi4f likely will in that it's not inherently a bad game, it's also not a great entry in its own series.
At least TR2013 is still a platforming game with shooty bits at its core, unlike Hitman Absolution, which is just a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom