• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
It's not just on GAF, why don't people learn the rules of these steam sales?

- don't buy anything until the end unless it's flash, daily or community.

- no one knows what'll go on sale.

I swear. Broken records on every forum I visit.

Tell me about it.

I think it has a lot to do with buyers impulse and how bad someone wants the particular game they buy.

zkylon

zkylewd
But with Fire and Sword is the newest one... what makes Warband better than the original and the newest?

with fire and sword was made by a different developer and it's a weird mod-like thing that has a couple new features but removed some others too for some reason.

also warband has a lot of cool mods that with fire and sword doesn't

warband is the way to go 100%. if you really like it you can try with fire and sword later if you want more of the same with a bit different flavor

Erekiddo

Volgarr the Viking is very, very good. It feels more "pure"than most modern "retro platformers", which I like. I think part of that comes from the lack of air crontrol.

It's not too hard. Dark Souls has turned me into a patient man.

I got to the third area in only a handful of attempts. The first two bosses weren't too terrible.

tmarques

Since the Walking Dead 400 Days is also on sale for this (1.74 ish), I was wondering to those that played this - is the length comparable to a single episode? What's the point of DLC in this case, it doesn't seem to expand on the Season 1 story at all. Is the allure starting and stopping at "more"?

Not sure about its length, but it was pretty horrible. The writing was awful and your choices are even more meaningless than they were in the original game because all they do is affect the next couple of minutes since the stories are so segmented. You're right in that it doesn't have anything to do with season 1. And because they tried to cram several new characters into a single episode you never spend enough time with any of them to care.

400 Days was so awful it actually made me question whether TWD was a really a good game or just coasted on its freshness and originality. I might have bought Season 2 right away had it not been for 400 Days. Now I'll just wait for the entire thing to be out to make a decision.

waby

Steam Sales no jutsu

tmarques

Are daily deals ever repeated?

Myshkin

Are there puzzles in The Bridge that require very precise timing (i.e., like a platformer)?

And what am I voting for this time?

Haunted

with fire and sword was made by a different developer and it's a weird mod-like thing that has a couple new features but removed some others too for some reason.

also warband has a lot of cool mods that with fire and sword doesn't

warband is the way to go 100%. if you really like it you can try with fire and sword later if you want more of the same with a bit different flavor
Alright, I'm convinced! Warband it is.

Thanks! :)

Omega

Banned

some people are just happy for a sale and don't care too much about the cheapest possible deal.

If Starbound or DayZ had even a 10% discount I would have gotten them first day of the sale, not even worrying about them maybe coming up later.

The_Monk

Not anyone can learn the art of deal-fu

Steam Sales no jutsu

Need more practice. Go practice!

EGyPCMm.gif

Jintor

Is there seriously no way to get Steam to just auto keep downloading stuff while I play stuff

And is there a way to get to the 'currently downloading' page from the steam overlay?

FloatOn

giving myself a break from castlevania and decided to play some dustforce. a title I neglected for far too long. game is great

I also made myself a delicious mug of eggnog

1497623_10151913091058515_951312595_n.jpg

there is probably too much rum in this.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Since the Walking Dead 400 Days is also on sale for this (1.74 ish), I was wondering to those that played this - is the length comparable to a single episode? What's the point of DLC in this case, it doesn't seem to expand on the Season 1 story at all. Is the allure starting and stopping at "more"?
No, it's even shorter. It's like 5 or so mini episodes of 10 minutes each. I liked it, but it's so short that you can't get attached to any of the characters.

I think it sets the tone for season 2, though I can't say for sure until I play it (which will happen once all episodes are released).

border

I was thinking about getting You Don't Know Jack.

"Additional Notes: The game runs at 640x480 max resolution. Manually adjust your Desktop resolution if you want the game to fill the screen."

No thanks. That sounds like a fucking hassle.

Haunted

A meeting room at Disney headquarters. Above chart on the projector, Valve's e-mail asking for this year's discount proposal is open on people's notebooks. The Disney exec in suit turns around, looks into the eyes of each of the middle-level managers with a smug grin.

"40% off Jedi Knight should easily match that."

The room erupts in enthusiastic nodding and applause.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just scored a Ballpoint Universe foil and I'm the first to the market. Hopefully it doesn't collect dust like my Poof foils still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom