• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Yeeeeeessss. Spread the TurquoiseJeep all around

raheemdance01.gif

Lol Where is this from?

I don't know, I guess for me it felt like a bit of a grind until I got an hour and a half into it. It was the kind of thing where I knew I could be much more deliberate in my actions and do better but I didn't truly feel the incentive because if I just died then whatever, I could buy an upgrade and still progress, which did get sort of tedious at a point.

Yeah, I don't doubt that it's definitely possible but it's certainly an outlier case and not the norm and I'd suspect (at least for myself) it wouldn't be as fun as when you start getting some great runes.

I could see that, but since you can pretty much get an upgrade out of even your worst runs early on, it's not like you can't progress. Hell, look at what the other dude did with the minimal manor usage to stop scaling and focus on core gameplay. ;)

I usually think of grinding as being "need to do x amount of thing before I can progress because my stats are too low"... in that case, I'm not on board -- but since you're talking more like "learning the ropes and unlocking the things you like best", then yeah, you can grind in that manner of speaking. :)

Rogue Legacy or Super House of Dead Ninjas + DLC?

Both, you fool! :)

Rogue Legacy now, while it's a Daily. SHoDN when it becomes a Daily/Flash. If it doesn't, just buy it the last day.

This man is smart. Listen to him.

Play on hard and stomp all the green boxes!

Stomp everything. And everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

Yeah I meant Rogue Legacy Snow Globe foil

I figured this out, applying logic to the situation. :)
It was the only possibility really. :D

You know you've got the hang of it when you take out two mini-bosses on NG+2 as a Spelunker.
At least, you think you've got the hang of it, then you fight Neo Khidr.

Best rune combination, though? 4 jump 1 dash. Go into one of those rooms where it's a long corridor of spikes and those temporary platforms and all precision jumping? Nah, just jump jump jump jump across.

Hahaha, yeah. I don't know if I'll ever make NG+2. But I've often thought to myself "I wish I could take out bosses as a spelunker for the loot modifer". :D

I can see the benefit in that setup, but I'm a fan of the "oh, I took too many hits, I can play skillfully and replenish my health" ability. I do often drop the syphon runes for boss fights though.

Best advice to someone starting out that took me awhile to figure out:
Get the lockdown thing that prevents the castle from re-randomizing -- then when you find a boss room and feel like you want it dead, just lock down and then warp immediately back to the boss room. Amazeballs.

I'm also saving for Dark Souls so that's why it's one or the other. I've played the browser version of SHDN and the RL demo, but both were great so it's tough to decide between them

All 3. You can do it. Vote a lot. Sell some cards. Get Rogue Legacy now and sell the cards. This will all fund later purchases! Play the sale subsidizing meta game!

Installed Enhanced Steam. Thought it was pretty rad.

Pulled open account page, it showed how much I've spent in the store.

Turned that option off, albeit too late.

Fuck.

Not accurate, FYI.
My brain melted when I saw mine.
Then I realized there's no way it knows what I really paid for my entire library. It's just doing something where it adds up the VALUE of the library.

Im off to sleep. Happy Sales guys!

Gravelords don't sleep... (nighto!)

Indeed.

--

I can't stop laughing at the A:CM gif.

Jawmuncher

Nothing for me from those flash sales. Also Walking Dead won How the hell.
That game has been on sale for that price since last year. Oh well I didn't want to buy anything from that vote lineup anyway.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Have you right clicked Sleeping Dogs in your library and checked the Downloadable Content menu? It may be you do already own it but the store just isn't showing for some reason.

Didn't know about that. Yeah, it displays the pack right there, just not anywhere else. I completely forgot I bought it already, but then I don't remember much from the 20 minutes I played other than that I loved it. Thanks!

Eusis

Nothing for me from those flash sales. Also Walking Dead won How the hell.
That game has been on sale for that price since last year. Oh well I didn't want to buy anything from that vote lineup anyway.
Probably because Capcom were chickenshits and pulled Resident Evil 6 a few minutes after the vote started. It'd have probably won otherwise.

Okay, I have been playing Orcs must die 2, very fun, like sooo much fun.

But It seems as if the only traps I need are acid and spike, will it get any more difficult so the game forces me to use others?

Erekiddo

corrosivefrost said:
Not accurate, FYI.
My brain melted when I saw mine.
Then I realized there's no way it knows what I really paid for my entire library. It's just doing something where it adds up the VALUE of the library.

Mine seemed pretty accurate. It doesn't add up the value of your library, it sums up your transaction history. I had about $360 in purchases and $60 in gifts.

Also, I've begin to idle for cards on games I'll never play or finished on other platforms. What's next, robbing liquor stores?

elfinke

Quick query to verify what steamprices is telling me on my ipad here: is The Testament of Sherlock Holmes $4.99 on the US store? It is apparently $9.99 on the AU store, (according to the iOS steam app).

Quick query to verify what steamprices is telling me on my ipad here: is The Testament of Sherlock Holmes $4.99 on the US store? It is apparently $9.99 on the AU store, (according to the iOS steam app).
I believe it was a flash sale, at 4.99. Now it's back to 9.99 in the US store.

kurahador

Is there a difference between the gog version of Witcher 2 and the steam one ? Because the one on gog costs $10 and $15 for the steam one.

Both are labelled as "enhanced edition" but I don't know if it's really the case. Does anyone know ?

GoG version is standalone and DRM free, means you can download the full game installer and install/play it anywhere anytime.
Steam version requires you to install steam to download the game and has achievements.

Btw...the game is $5 on steam, not $15.

Picked up Max Payne 3 and caught TWD again (played the first season on Xbox Live and I wanna move to the 2nd Season on PC)

Am I done? What's the hope for a Rocksmith or a TWD S2 sale?

Donax

Neo Member
GoG version is standalone and DRM free, means you can download the full game installer and install/play it anywhere anytime.
Steam version requires you to install steam to download the game and has achievements.

Btw...the game is $5 on steam, not $15.

oh... I didn't know that, for me it says $15, damn the region differences >_<

but i understand more why people said it was a must have for the price

Caerith

Hahaha, yeah. I don't know if I'll ever make NG+2. But I've often thought to myself "I wish I could take out bosses as a spelunker for the loot modifer". :D

I can see the benefit in that setup, but I'm a fan of the "oh, I took too many hits, I can play skillfully and replenish my health" ability. I do often drop the syphon runes for boss fights though.

Best advice to someone starting out that took me awhile to figure out:
Get the lockdown thing that prevents the castle from re-randomizing -- then when you find a boss room and feel like you want it dead, just lock down and then warp immediately back to the boss room. Amazeballs.
The extra +30% gold is hardly worth dealing with spelunker stats, to be honest. I usually avoid spelunkers, but when I don't have a choice (like if all three options are spelunkers, or the other two options have vertigo), I use them just to make runs for fairy chests, etc. One time, I was running out of places to explore and came across a boss room, so I figured I might as well go down in a blaze of glory... and won.

The trick is the panda armor (whatever it's called, it's black and white) and maxed out crits and just swinging like mad while dodging attacks. Mostly the trick is dodging attacks, but crits mean you don't have to dodge quite as many before the enemy dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom