• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
dnfrukqsu9.jpg

tumblr_ml4j9bwqpo1rmyauarz.gif

Tellaerin

Good morning good people, hope you are all fine as well your wallets in this morning!

in before Divius wakes up too and Grief goes to bed.

It's odd how I've come to associate your personality with your avatar, The_Monk. I see Kojima now and I expect him to be a kindly, soft-spoken guy who frequents Steam threads on NeoGAF.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Machinarium is brilliant. Everybody buy it, even if you already own it.

Edit: Aw, I was misled. :(

Divius

Shadow Warrior was my top pick for 2013 Steam GOTY, and I wanted to share a little joy with the generous folks here who've done so much to brighten up my year , so...

WHO WANTS SOME WANG?!
If it is anything like Hard Reset (which, looking at gameplay, it is), I'd love some Wang.

The entire Tomb Raider collection, including the new one, is $14? I can't even play these games on my computer and I think I have to buy that, goddamn.

Mattiator

I've grabbed duck tales and the pit so far. Duck tales isn't too shabby. I got a quick question I own the disk version of metro last light, it came with two separate keys one English and one French do they both work??? If they both work I will modbot one :).

Thats a large dose of Lara Croft. will keep you occupied for quite some time ;)

Seriously. I have GOT to figure out Windows on my iMac.

Though, with the Steam Box on the way... what's the deal with that? Will we be able to play any game we've bought on Steam on it, or will it be its own ecosystem?

Ugh, the card prices are crashing already. And we were doing so well.

Though, with the Steam Box on the way... what's the deal with that? Will we be able to play any game we've bought on Steam on it, or will it be its own ecosystem?

It natively runs SteamOS, which is a form of Linux. That means only Linux-based Steam games will run natively on it, unless you decide to just install a windows OS on the Machine instead. Otherwise you'll need another PC to stream games from.

oipic

Good morning good people, hope you are all fine as well your wallets in this morning!

Morning, dear Monk! May both your coffee and Steam sale be wonderful this day.

SteamGAF needs a time-zone matrix or something... so hard to keep tabs on where everyone is, and what time (and even day) it is for them. Almost dark outside here in Melbourne.

The entire Tomb Raider collection, including the new one, is $14? I can't even play these games on my computer and I think I have to buy that, goddamn.

There's a whole heap of delightful gaming waiting for you between Legend, Anniversary and Underworld, let alone the new one (which I found quite enjoyable, for what it is, even if it is a departure from the formula of the older games).

The_Monk

Morning to you too. Would you like a cup of coffee?

Sure! But the type of Coffee I would love to get by the end of this sale would be something like:

Already here :D Good morning.

:D

Morning, dear Monk! May both your coffee and Steam sale be wonderful this day.

Morning oipic, polite as usual!

It's odd how I've come to associate your personality with your avatar, The_Monk. I see Kojima now and I expect him to be a kindly, soft-spoken guy who frequents Steam threads on NeoGAF.

Ah that's too kind, let me assure that, while I do not look like him (physical appearance) I can always post numerous photos of food! :p And I like your avatar!

Miguel81

Everyone that has a minute interest, please buy Castlevania:LOS at GMG. Just like Metal Gear Rising, we need more character action games on the PC/Steam. Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 would be great to have.

yuraya

I haven't had a chance to play around with SteamOS yet. So I don't know. I am guessing it will be very limited from the get go and will be more compatible over time. I do want that new controller tho looks sexy.

Jawmuncher

Everyone that has a minute interest, please buy Castlevania:LOS at GMG. Just like Metal Gear Rising, we need more character action games on the PC/Steam. Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 would be great to have.

You'll get Ninja Gaiden 3 and like it.
If they brought over NG to PC I could see them pulling that shit and basically holding 1 and 2 hostage.

Symphonic

This sale seems a lot better in terms of the spread of sales. A lot more diverse games in the Flash Sales as opposed to the last one where a BUTT LOAD were recycled. Seems like a lot of smaller indie games are really getting their name out there too.

Blackguards actually looks pretty decent. A bit pricey for something I just heard about as early access...but does anybody care to rave about it?

gngf123

Assuming they have all updated now:

80% off Eldritch
75% off Awesomenauts
75% off Garry's Mod... again
50% off Blackguards.

Average sale

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Awesomenauts is awesome. For that price, if you like the intro-theme, you should try it.

The Bridge is fun. I'm at 1-V and it's already becoming quite challenging. Beautifull visuals. :)

Definitely going to endorse Awesomenauts here. If you're a person who hasn't really been super captivated by traditional MOBA type games then it's something you're really going to want to check out. Sort of a 2D side scrolling platformer / MOBA hybrid that is extremely easy to pick up and enjoy and has been graced with support from its developers since its release.

Unfortunately the next few content (character) updates from this point on seem to be relegated behind the Awesomenauts Starstorm DLC paywall but the content that it provides in the base package is more than worth $2.50

Awesomenauts Starstorm expansion is a little over $2 during the flash sale.

Bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom