• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

I have a remaining budget of 27€ for the sale. Fubar.
Last purchase : garry's mod, eldritch and crusader kings 2 dlc collection. I would like to take this opportunity to say that the dlc collection represents perhaps half of the available dlc. Hey Paradox, 27€ for one fucking week ! Not cool :-S
I accept donations, even food gifts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A word of warning: the free copy of The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav that comes with the Contribution Edition of Blackguards is not a gift -- if you already own it, it'll just disappear into the digital ether rather than be rerouted to your inventory.

So I am now away from my home desktop Windows PC and stuck on my Macbook Air (the new Haswell one; my god the battery life is amazing) for the next week due to visiting family for the holidays. Are there any Mac-compatible games that are playable with just the touchpad and/or keyboard I should be looking out for during the sale? I've already got Shadowrun, Race the Sun, Papers Please, Long Live the Queen, and Space Hulk on the MBA, but could use something new for the holiday.

tmarques

Them trading cards money.

9d56da000c.jpg

LOL, how's this even possible?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Everyone that has a minute interest, please buy Castlevania:LOS at GMG. Just like Metal Gear Rising, we need more character action games on the PC/Steam. Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 would be great to have.

Done.
Was waiting for a Steam sale, but I hade some credit on GMG, saved 20 cents on the probable Steam price.

Arthea

For the people who created the Badge from Winter Sale, did you got anything worth selling? I guess it's more wise to sell the cards instead of crafting a badge hoping for something valuable, but because I don't know what items you can get I'm not sure what's the most profitable action. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

not really, no. I crafted 7 badges, close to lvl 8 and I got 2 untradable TF2 items, 2 xmas items that sell for something like 0.01&#8364;, 2 items that sold for about about 3&#8364; both and one item I accidental activated and even don't know what it was (><)
Got no single foil of 80 snow globes too and I spent little fortune as you can imagine.
Then again you can disregard all that as my "luck" is kinda thing of legends by now!

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Alright I just searched that one Market and there's one people selling for a high price, but has to be extremely rare to be only one person selling it, correct? I was just weighting on what should be more profitable. I don't play none of the F2P games, which means I have no knowledge how cheap items get. Need to search for some to see if it's worth a chance or not.
Unless you feel like gambling and are prepared to lose or hold onto the item for quite some time, you should probably just sell. (...Or trade, or give the cards away.) The cards are going for about $0.25 each right now. This means you'd have to craft an item worth at least $2.50 to "break even". Last time I looked up the items on the market (Friday) that meant the item would need to be Rare or better for most of the games&#8212;IIRC the Warframe one was an exception.

But the community half of Steam is down for the count, so I don't know how things have changed since then.

atomsk

Party Pooper
It all adds up. I made something north of $120 from the ~600 cards that were sitting in my inventory, prior to the Autumn Sale.

I haven't been keeping track, but I've probably made 70-80, haven't added funds to my wallet in months.

Arthea

It all adds up. I made something north of $120 from the ~600 cards that were sitting in my inventory, prior to the Autumn Sale.

holy smoke, that is impressive. But it took you ages just to put 600 cards on the market.
Also didn't limit of market entries per year is 200? Or don't Ausies experience this taxes problem?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Unless you feel like gambling and are prepared to lose or hold onto the item for quite some time, you should probably just sell. (...Or trade, or give the cards away.) The cards are going for about $0.25 each right now. This means you'd have to craft an item worth at least $2.50 to "break even". Last time I looked up the items on the market (Friday) that meant the item would need to be Rare or better for most of the games—IIRC the Warframe one was an exception.

But the community half of Steam is down for the count, so I don't know how things have changed since then.

If you risk nothing you gain nothing. And that's coming from someone who has terrible luck.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
holy smoke, that is impressive. But it took you ages just to put 600 cards on the market.
Also didn't limit of market entries per year is 200? Or don't Ausies experience this taxes problem?

After 200 you get stopped and they ask you to provide details or something, but if you're non-US then you can just go straight back to rockin' hard and sellin' cards.

XPE

I don't know what's going on with me. Haven't bought a single game this Steam Sale so far. And I have no real excitement for it either. I blame Dota.

I think having it so close to the last sale has taken some of the fun out of it, the prices haven't change and any games you wanted you would have got already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't know what's going on with me. Haven't bought a single game this Steam Sale so far. And I have no real excitement for it either. I blame Dota.

im an old ass man and I still get excited with Steam sales (even tho these days Im mostly buying shit for other people, its the Jasec syndrome >_>) so...

Grief.exe

Here is the problem with Dragon Age Origins and Battlefield 2. I want them on Steam, but

1. Its giving EA money.
2. I already got them for free on origin.

Arthea

After 200 you get stopped and they ask you to provide details or something, but if you're non-US then you can just go straight back to rockin' hard and sellin' cards.

But why you have fill anything in that case, Valve knows exactly what region are you residing in. That makes very little sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I have 2 of #2, but I am camping and won't be back until tomorrow morning.

oh well I'm sure it will drop for me soon enough, cheers Grief

Yo Jables did you fall asleep at the keyboard or something?

Arthea

7 Grand Steps seems like my type of the game, quirky and unusual, and it says in description it's a finished stand alone game, but I have my doubts, what exactly step one entails? Is it episodic game, or they just decided to call sequels - steps?

derExperte

But why you have fill anything in that case, Valve knows exactly what region are you residing in. That makes very little sense.

No they don't, I had to send them more documents because I once used a US address. And even if not the IRS asks for that stuff, it's not Valve's fault, they have to do it.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
If you risk nothing you gain nothing. And that's coming from someone who has terrible luck.
Sure. Somebody in this thread ended up with an Extraordinary the first time they crafted the badge.
But not everyone is into gambling, and it'd be disingenuous not to point out that the risk you'll end up with junk is pretty high.

Knurek

Nearly done with card farming, can't wait to get back to actually
not
playing my games.

Higurashi got greenlit ages ago, but Mangagamer has just started on their retranslation work - according to some sources, they are ~50% done with the translating the first episode (of 8), 7% done with editing for it. I guess we won't see the game on Steam in 2014 if they keep up the pace.

I just hope the will use the PS2/NDS assets, the original PC version was... seriously... terrible GFX-wise.

Seriously, compare the original
and the console assets:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom