• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

7 Grand Steps seems like my type of the game, quirky and unusual, and it says in description it's a finished stand alone game, but I have my doubts, what exactly step one entails? Is it episodic game, or they just decided to call sequels - steps?

Step one entails antiquity: pottery, writing, etc.

Wok

Alright I just searched that one Market and there's one people selling for a high price, but has to be extremely rare to be only one person selling it, correct? I was just weighting on what should be more profitable. I don't play none of the F2P games, which means I have no knowledge how cheap items get. Need to search for some to see if it's worth a chance or not.

It is not worth it. Trust my experience in gambling on Steam.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If Teleglitch wins you can get it cheaper on indiegala along with a bunch of other games that even if you don't want you can gift away :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But why you have fill anything in that case, Valve knows exactly what region are you residing in. That makes very little sense.

If you're an international user it's simply a matter of filling in an online form declaring as much and then the restriction is automatically lifted, unless you purchased from the US store when it was easy to do so, in which case you have to jump through a few proof-of-residency hoops (which can take quite a long time since everything needs to be manually verified by the relevant authorities).

Arthea

Step one entails antiquity: pottery, writing, etc.

That doesn't really answer my question, but thanks!

Also this game has no chance winning community vote, has it?

If you're an international user it's simply a matter of filling in an online form declaring as much and then the restriction is automatically lifted, unless you purchased from the US store when it was easy to do so, in which case you have to jump through a few proof-of-residency hoops (which can take quite a long time since everything needs to be manually verified by the relevant authorities).

Thanks! The latter seems like a lot of hassle.

Seriously, compare the original and the console assets:

lol what is it I don't even...
it can't be Higurashi! (><)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Also this game has no chance winning community vote, has it?

not against Teleglitch I bet (which is stupid because Teleglitch is cheaper on indiegala, and comes with a bunch of other games)

edit: I voted for BF2 hoping Bad Company 2 would also get a sale since its a franchise... but of course it didnt. Thanks Oba...I mean thanks EA!

Jawmuncher

Nearly done with card farming, can't wait to get back to actually
not
playing my games.

Higurashi got greenlit ages ago, but Mangagamer has just started on their retranslation work - according to some sources, they are ~50% done with the translating the first episode (of 8), 7% done with editing for it. I guess we won't see the game on Steam in 2014 if they keep up the pace.

I just hope the will use the PS2/NDS assets, the original PC version was... seriously... terrible GFX-wise.

Seriously, compare the original and the console assets:

Was wondering where that went. I know they were still on the fence about giving steam keys to those who got it on groupees and what not but we'll see. Would love for them to use the console assets but I'm guessing it might be a license problem maybe? But as you said if they're retranslating it might as well put new art work in to.

Wok

There will be other episodes in terms of other epochs.

68xs6ji.jpg

What is going on with Starbound and DayZ? 2013 GOTY already?

jediyoshi

Holy shit Max Payne 3 has to be the most brokenest steam integrated game that has ever been

MFnup3G.png

I can't even get the joy of looking at a broken rockstar social club while in the game like I used to

So even though the winter card prices are tanking, they are still selling in minutes even if you price a little higher than the lowest.

Do the DLC for CK2 add anything new, or is it mostly just opening up the other factions?

Yo Jables did you fall asleep at the keyboard or something?

he must be in awe of your generosity. hahah

Knurek

Would love for them to use the console assets but I'm guessing it might be a license problem maybe? But as you said if they're retranslating it might as well put new art work in to.

Well, I read GL forums, and MangaGamer rep said they won't use PS2 assets. Boo.
Still, nothing's stopping them from contacting Noogy or any other capable artist. Seriously, Steam users will flay them alive if they release the game with the original artwork.

Jawmuncher

Well, I read GL forums, and MangaGamer rep said they won't use PS2 assets. Boo.
Still, nothing's stopping them from contacting Noogy or any other capable artist. Seriously, Steam users will flay them alive if they release the game with the original artwork.

Definitely agree on that. That artwork just doesn't hold up especially to be sold on a service such as steam

Rhaknar

The Bridge is very pretty, and I dig the mechanic, but I'm shit at it and am already stuck in the first chapter >_<

I just realized I've had Torchlight in my inventory for a long time. I know it's not much but I wanted to give something back since I've won a couple of games here. :)

Also, my first time giving a game with ModBot, hope I didn't mess it up. This is a Steam gift copy of Torchlight, not a redeemable key, just to be clear.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ichtyander:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight -- MB-DFAF035F381D871E - Taken by AsylumX

Oreoleo

Kinda tempted buying Day , but Im not sure if it's worth it right now.

It'll have way more content and be the same price 6 months from now. No harm in waiting. The game is kind of empty at the moment. Would really only recommend it if you have someone to play with, and this is coming from someone who loved the mod.

Rhaknar

Grid 2 card, a game that costs at best 10euros on GMG (more on steam for now), sells for 10cents

The Bridge, a game that sold for 1.30 yesterday, card sells for 19cents

fry.jpg

AsylumX

I just realized I've had Torchlight in my inventory for a long time. I know it's not much but I wanted to give something back since I've won a couple of games here. :)

Also, my first time giving a game with ModBot, hope I didn't mess it up. This is a Steam gift copy of Torchlight, not a redeemable key, just to be clear.

Thanks and FYI you didn't messed up, all went smoothly. Been looking to play this one for a long time.

yogloo

Just bought max payne 3 and I tried to buy sleeping dawgs but turns out I already bought it. I don't even remember buying it.

Oreoleo

Grid 2 card, a game that costs at best 10euros on GMG (more on steam for now), sells for 10cents

The Bridge, a game that sold for 1.30 yesterday, card sells for 19cents[/IMG]

Not as many people have The Bridge so there's less chavs flipping cards and driving prices down.

Lain

The Bridge is very pretty, and I dig the mechanic, but I'm shit at it and am already stuck in the first chapter >_<

I found the first chapter to be way more simple than I expected. Solutions aren't too complicated and it felt as a good way to get the player used to the more basic mechanics.
I got stuck at the end of chapter 2 instead initially, though I went back and managed to solve it. Now I'm stuck at chapter 4.

Rhaknar

I found the first chapter to be way more simple than I expected. Solutions aren't too complicated and it felt as a good way to get the player used to the more basic mechanics.
I got stuck at the end of chapter 2 instead initially, though I went back and managed to solve it. Now I'm stuck at chapter 4.

Im stuck in the last (I think?) room of chapter 1 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom