• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Not as many people have The Bridge so there's less chavs flipping cards and driving prices down.
Correlating the price of cards with game type/price/etc. is actually interesting. Of the games I looked at, Agarest has the most expensive cards, with a market price of >0.40€ for all of them.

Knurek

image.php

Love~love~love your new avatar NotJaseC.

Lain

Im stuck in the last (I think?) room of chapter 1 :/

If it's the 6th room and you don't mind me spoiling the solution:
use the left button to rotate gravity until the room is upside down, then get the ball to fall left, jump down to where the ball was previously and use the right button to rotate gravity until the ball falls down to your spawn location. At this point you only have to fall to where the door is.

Nillansan

Steam Cards for Rogue Legacy was actually added back in September. Recent patch added a lot of stuff that's good though.

- Added 5 boss remixes to the game.

- Added 1 new class.

- Added 4 new traits.

- Added 28 new rooms.

- Added ability to reduce shader effect quality for people playing on slower machines.

More http://cellardoorgames.com/blog/?p=905

- Added 6 new Steam achievements

Thank you for posting this. I guess it is time to get back on the horse and hunt down the 6 additional achievements. Hopefully none of them are as tedious as the Disposophobia (find all blueprints) and Gnosiophilia (find all blueprints) achievements.

Altazor

Anyone want a #6 Snow Globe? I have a spare one, so I'm willing to trade it for any of 1/3/4/5/7/9/10 :p

Yeah, I don't have many snow globes and I had shitty luck and received #6 twice. Bleh!

This is my steam profile

maty

For the people who created the Badge from Winter Sale, did you got anything worth selling? I guess it's more wise to sell the cards instead of crafting a badge hoping for something valuable, but because I don't know what items you can get I'm not sure what's the most profitable action. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

I only crafted the winter sale badge once to try my luck and I got a worthless Spiral Knight item.

I'm right there with NaM in the unlucky group, I think modbot hates me too haha
:'(

What exactly is with the Saoirse obsession in the Steam threads?

JaseC post so much in the Steam threads that you're constantly bombarded by his Saorise avatares, then ClassyPenguin also started posting in the Steam threads and when I noticed I was with a Saoirse avatar.

Colin.

Can I assume that Battlefield 2 will be really dated, and the online will not be particularly active? Edit: I think I've answered question 2, 268 today's peak.

Any impressions on Blackguards and Eldritch? Both games look really cool.

Also Crusader Kings II DLC is perfect for card money.

More_Badass impressions of Eldritch:

Beyond 2005's Call of Cthulhu and the more recent Magrunners, it seems that games inspired by the Cthulhu Mythos have been few and far between. (I may be mistaken though). Eldritch plans to change that by combining the otherworldly mythology of Lovecraftian fiction with the tension and thrill of a first-person roguelike.

You begin your journey into the world of Eldritch within a mysterious endless library. This is your hub world, where you can customize your character, choose which level to explore, and just not worry about dying. Levels are represented by mystical books; reading from them pulls you into the procedurally-generated enemy-infested worlds described within their pages.

The elements that make Eldritch stand out from other first person roguelikes is its emphasis on stealth and its varied combat. You can crouch, slide, and lean to peek around corners like in Thief. Footsteps and sprinting make noise and can alert enemies. Bottles and rocks can be thrown to distract enemies. Of the three weapons currently available, your revolver is loud but powerful, your knife is silent, and your crossbow is also silent and can set tripwire traps.

Adding to the stealth mechanics and combat in general is the magic system. Throughout the levels, you collect artifacts that act as both mana and currency. Spells endowed upon you by deity statues require certain amounts of artifacts per use, giving the game a risk-reward element. Do you use your artifacts to cast spells that can distract enemies and unlock doors, create powerful explosion, allow you to teleport, and more, or do you save them to purchase weapons, ammo, and special gear at shopkeepers in each level? Death is final, so choose wisely, although you can save certain amounts of artifacts across attempts by saving them in chests.

Eldritch is still in development so there are kinks and balancing issues to be found. For a game hoping to be a roguelike, I was never lacking ammo or artifacts and some of the enemies, especially those in the first world, are just too easy to kill. Luckily the other worlds up the difficulty with enemies that can't be killed, only temporally stopped and statues that rumble to life in your presence. However for a game inspired by Lovecraftian fiction, I was hoping for more surreal otherworldly enemy designs. The knife and revolver also feel much too overpowered. But these are issues that can easily be remedied as the beta improves and don't detract from the game's overall polish and gameplay.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gaf struggling today?

Gonna give Marvel Heroes another spin, I liked it at release, I hear its improved a lot (and has a lot new chars damn)

Radio

I'd always assumed Saoirse was Ned Stark's daughter from Game of Thrones, but that is not true. She's actually a real life person.

Jawmuncher

So i'm digging Papers Please but I got one question.
Why am I getting gigged on issuing city? I picked up everything else but not quite sure what im doing wrong there.

Why am I getting gigged on issuing city? I picked up everything else but not quite sure what im doing wrong there.

chances are the city that issues the passport either a) doesn't exist or b) isn't spelled correctly.

It's pretty rare, i've seen it a few times

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Sometimes the city is misspelled or just wrong. You need to double check and make sure in the guidebook that the city matches up with where they come from.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

rulebook -> map -> click the region the passport is from -> right side shows the issueing cities :)

for citizens of Arstotzka, they will have districts on the ID cards, which are on the left side of the region .> cities

Jawmuncher

rulebook -> map -> click the region the passport is from -> right side shows the issueing cities :)

for citizens of Arstotzka, they will have districts on the ID cards, which are on the left side of the region .> cities

Sometimes the city is misspelled or just wrong. You need to double check and make sure in the guidebook that the city matches up with where they come from.

chances are the city that issues the passport either a) doesn't exist or b) isn't spelled correctly.

It's pretty rare, i've seen it a few times

Ahhh ok. Thanks all for the help. Looks like i'll jump back in now that that's solved.

Copons

Steam Cards for Rogue Legacy was actually added back in September. Recent patch added a lot of stuff that's good though.

- Added 5 boss remixes to the game.

- Added 1 new class.

- Added 4 new traits.

- Added 28 new rooms.

- Added ability to reduce shader effect quality for people playing on slower machines.

More http://cellardoorgames.com/blog/?p=905

- Added 6 new Steam achievements

Uh!
This seems super cool, especially the shader thingy, that I guess is related to the blurry vision perks that crippled my PC, making those runs basically trying to die as soon as possible.

Wensih

Grid 2 card, a game that costs at best 10euros on GMG (more on steam for now), sells for 10cents

The Bridge, a game that sold for 1.30 yesterday, card sells for 19cents

fry.jpg

Seriously? Damn when I played it; it didn't have cards. I don't really want to go back and play through it because I didn't enjoy it particularly, but I might just have to.

Anteater

Seriously? Damn when I played it; it didn't have cards. I don't really want to go back and play through it because I didn't enjoy it particularly, but I might just have to.

You don't really have to play it, you just need to leave it on :p

How do you think steamgaf get their cards? You think we play games??

I voted for Battlefield 2, and I want to buy Battlefield 2 (since I lost my Battlefield 2 disks a long time ago) but suddenly I'm unsure whether I actually want to play Battlefield 2 in 2013.

Zeliard

Correlating the price of cards with game type/price/etc. is actually interesting. Of the games I looked at, Agarest has the most expensive cards, with a market price of >0.40€ for all of them.

You can view average card prices here: http://ehsankia.com/steam/cards/

As you might expect, free to play games tend to have relatively high-selling cards on average, since they only drop cards if you spend money in them. Obscure games can also skew pretty high since they have far fewer people driving prices down. Then you have your games which no longer drop cards for one reason or another, like No More Room in Hell, which has a whopping average rate of $1.88 per card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom