• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezra2680

You can view average card prices here: http://ehsankia.com/steam/cards/

As you might expect, free to play games tend to have relatively high-selling cards on average, since they only drop cards if you spend money in them. Obscure games can also skew pretty high since they have far fewer people driving prices down. Then you have your games which no longer drop cards for one reason or another, like No More Room in Hell.

There are games that had card drops removed? I did not realize this was a thing.

Durante

You can view average card prices here: http://ehsankia.com/steam/cards/

As you might expect, free to play games tend to have relatively high-selling cards on average, since they only drop cards if you spend money in them. Obscure games can also skew pretty high since they have far fewer people driving prices down. Then you have your games which no longer drop cards for one reason or another, like No More Room in Hell, which has a whopping average rate of $1.88 per card.
That's very interesting, thanks for the link. Agarest is #11 in average card price, that's even higher than I expected. Ragnarok Online is insane.

Tesseract

Banned
ok i'm officially done, here's my damage:

DayZ $29.99
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Steam Launch Edition $5.99
Bit.Trip.Runner 2, Monaco $5.53
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures, Steam Marines $10.08
Nether - Watcher $11.99
Rust $19.99
Eldritch $2.99

TOTAL $86.56

not bad, i ain't buying nothing else until usfiv and dark souls.

didamangi

Is the Castle of illusion PC port good? It's going to be $3.75 on Amazon in a few days.

On release it's pretty poor, 30fps locked, 1080p@60Hz fullscreen won't work for some people.

They have patched the game though, now it runs 60fps and the 1080p fullscreen bug is fixed. It's one of my favorite platformer of the year, I don't regret buying it on steam day one.

Tizoc

ok i'm officially done, here's my damage:

DayZ $29.99
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Steam Launch Edition $5.99
Bit.Trip.Runner 2, Monaco $5.53
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures, Steam Marines $10.08
Nether - Watcher $11.99
Rust $19.99
Eldritch $2.99

TOTAL $86.56

not bad, i ain't buying nothing else until usfiv and dark souls.
Done? It ain't done til all the dragons deals are finished!

If State of Decay isn't a daily deal come 1PM, I'm going to just buy its current price.

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Momentary

Banned
Well this sucks. I picked up a new phone two days ago and now so Steam says I have to wait 7 days before being able to use the Market in it. It's good that they do it, but same I wish there was another way around it.

On release it's pretty poor, 30fps locked, 1080p@60Hz fullscreen won't work for some people.

They have patched the game though, now it runs 60fps and the 1080p fullscreen bug is fixed. It's one of my favorite platformer of the year, I don't regret buying it on steam day one.

Wow, glad they fixed it. I'm buying it.

jmizzal

Oh yeah, I know the drill but I have time off and I really want to play the game. I'm sure it will be on sale one of these days but I'd hate to waste time I could be playing, waiting for the inevitable deal.

The current sale is 13.99 thats still a good deal for State of Decay

Prophane33

I've had to watch tutorials on YouTube to understand how to play.

The gameplay itself is damn good once you understand it, though.

This is pretty true for most Paradox games. They are all freakin' fantastic, but have some pretty steep learning curves. CK2 is really awesome, but my favorite is Victoria II.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is anyone doing a Forced 4-pack before the daily for it ends in a few hours? Preferably someone that has access to a cheap (RU or BR) copy?

Zeliard

There are games that had card drops removed? I did not realize this was a thing.

It doesn't happen much. In No More Room in Hell's case, it's a completely free game (as opposed to microtransaction-driven free-to-play), so Valve disabled its card drops at some point.

Ezra2680

So how is borderland 2 compared to borderlands in terms of gameplay??

It really just depends on what kind of games you like. I thought the gameplay was fine and its a decent shooter, but I never finished it because nothing else about the game made me want to keep playing.

So how is borderland 2 compared to borderlands in terms of gameplay??

improved in every area. Comes down to how you liked BLands1 as the formula is pretty much the same.

I had an awesome time with it in both Solo and Co-OP, but that opinion isn't shared here on GAF.

I finished To The Moon yesterday.

:'(

I decided to play it one night, while feeling kinda down in the dumps, having gotten it through some GOG bundle sale. I figured a simple Indie game wouldn't be too involved and would distract me enough to make me feel better.

Boy was To The Moon a poor choice in that situation. Regardless, it was a beautiful game, especially going into it blind.

dani_dc

How is Crusader Kings 2? It looks fun

It's a complex game about creating your Disnaty while trying to ensure you can rule over a certain province/region for as long as possible, with lots of ploting and some politics involved.

You'll probably need a guide or a video series to start playing the game (the in-game tutorial is broken).

I'd recommend to either buy the CK2 Collection on Steam with a lot of DLC (not all), or the $9.99 Paradox pack on amazon with CK2 and a few other Paradox games. Apparently that ended yesterday.

masterkajo

I have a short but Steam sale unrelated problem. I hope maybe someone could offer me a little help since it is driving me crazy.

Shortened URLs do not seem to work for me. No matter my browser. Whenever I click on a shorten URL I get a "page not found". Works fine for everyone else. No relevant info on the internet. Win 7. Help. Please?

Bri

Fuck. Missed the TWD-sales. Didn't realize I never picked up 400 Days until now.

Might just grab CS:GO instead and call it a day. But it still looks like a nicer looking CS 1.6. Bleargh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom