• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
2 more hours ladies and gents.Seeing as how Assassin's Creed 4 is one of the snow globes, it's only a matter of time before my bank account gets violated again.

Ezra2680

I have a short but Steam sale unrelated problem. I hope maybe someone could offer me a little help since it is driving me crazy.

Shortened URLs do not seem to work for me. No matter my browser. Whenever I click on a shorten URL I get a "page not found". Works fine for everyone else. No relevant info on the internet. Win 7. Help. Please?

Maybe not what you are looking for, but there are browser plugins for both chrome and firefox that change shortend urls to be their full url equivalent. I think the one for firefox is called Full URLs Please. May give that a shot.

It's a complex game about creating your Disnaty while trying to ensure you can rule over a certain province/region for as long as possible, with lots of ploting and some politics involved.

You'll probably need a guide or a video series to start playing the game (the in-game tutorial is broken).

I'd recommend to either buy the CK2 Collection on Steam with a lot of DLC (not all), or the $9.99 Paradox pack on amazon with CK2 and a few other Paradox games. Apparently that ended yesterday.

any suggestions of a good video series?

Gvaz

Banned
Finished Fear 2. Now to finish Reborn. I rather like playing as the replicant soldier more tbh. Better looking weapons and color tint.

Zom

Banned
It really just depends on what kind of games you like. I thought the gameplay was fine and its a decent shooter, but I never finished it because nothing else about the game made me want to keep playing.

improved in every area. Comes down to how you liked BLands1 as the formula is pretty much the same.

I had an awesome time with it in both Solo and Co-OP, but that opinion isn't shared here on GAF.

It's better in every possible way. Sort of like the Uncharted to Uncharted 2 jump (imo)

Its still very much Borderlands if that's what you're asking.

But if you liked BL, then its a must-have as it improved on the formula in nearly every possible way.

As far as today I really like boderlands, if blands2 comes in sale again maybe I pick it up

masterkajo

Maybe not what you are looking for, but there are browser plugins for both chrome and firefox that change shortend urls to be their full url equivalent. I think the one for firefox is called Full URLs Please. May give that a shot.

Ah thanks. Will try that. As long as I can just click the twitter URLs of deals I am happy. Still, it is pretty strange that my PC just doesn't seem to want to open them. Maybe I have a service disabled that is needed? B/c I do recall to make some changes to services when setting up my PC some years ago.

Ah, if its the twitter urls, it seems to be a common problem lately. Not sure what the cause is, but those plugins might still help

I found some info on that on the web, but it seems to be temporary problems. For me they never work while at the same time my friends happily click on them. Still I am trying these expansions now and see what it does.

EDIT: After trying several Chrome extensions, the one and only that seemed to work for me was unshort.me. I still need to right click and unshort URL and then get redirected to their website where I can click the actual link but it finally works. Still puzzled what causes this for me though. If anyone has any idea and wants to shoot me a PM, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Ezra2680

Ah thanks. Will try that. As long as I can just click the twitter URLs of deals I am happy. Still, it is pretty strange that my PC just doesn't seem to want to open them. Maybe I have a service disabled that is needed? B/c I do recall to make some changes to services when setting up my PC some years ago.

Ah, if its the twitter urls, it seems to be a common problem lately. Not sure what the cause is, but those plugins might still help

Fireblend

Banned
Awesome, wasn't it? One of the more touching stories in the format

Yeah. As an avid reader, I almost feel like it shouldn't be a game but a book, with a much deeper exploration of
River and John's relationship, specially John's struggles with River's condition, as well as River's fascination with lighthouses
, but I guess I can't complain. It was a beautiful game and the writing was pretty decent, I didn't even mind all the "geek jokes" people tend to criticize about it.

It's a complex game about creating your Disnaty while trying to ensure you can rule over a certain province/region for as long as possible, with lots of ploting and some politics involved.

You'll probably need a guide or a video series to start playing the game (the in-game tutorial is broken).

I'd recommend to either buy the CK2 Collection on Steam with a lot of DLC (not all), or the $9.99 Paradox pack on amazon with CK2 and a few other Paradox games. Apparently that ended yesterday.

I've tried the tutorial like 3 times but just get overwhelmed and give up. This is coming from someone who loves the Civ series.

State of Decay was 50% off ($9.99) in the Autumn Steam sale. I bought it then. It'll be 50% again this sale according to that leaked email that was floating around.

I have noticed at least one exception to this rule, though it's an extremely minor one: Rogue Legacy was $5.09 during the Autumn Sale, but $4.94 now. I assume it's because the Autumn Sale discount was 66% and the current discount is 67%.

I don't understand how to sell cards. What's the "You Receive" and "Buyer Pays" supposed to do? Or do you just fill in one and the other is automatically filled in?

LuffyZoro

Enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dear Esther -- MB-CF48CD8D2EB16427 - Taken by gngf123. 4 entrants total.
The Ship #1 -- MB-470DA7B8F2CE88D7 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 2 entrants total.
The Ship #2 -- MB-F259FA52FF44AA19 - Taken by VikasNarula. 2 entrants total.

t1387817343z1.png

Milchmann

Got a spare Toki Tori from the Two Tribes pack a few days ago.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toki Tori -- MB-8BF078CF3CCC52D0 - Taken by Shambles

I don't understand how to sell cards. What's the "You Receive" and "Buyer Pays" supposed to do? Or do you just fill in one and the other is automatically filled in?

Valve and the developer gets a minor cut of every card sold. Just fill the "buyer pays" and the "you receive" will update automatically.

Eldrich looks kind of decent, any kind words (or otherwise..) from GAF about this? Doom-ey.

The movement mechanics are slick, but the last time I played, it was sparse on content.

An expansion appears to have been patched in, though. $3 for the game is a fair price.

Same happened for me today. :/

I was in the second boss, almost done with
her
and then it crashed now I have to start it over. Oh well!

You probably don't have to use spoilers for a boss from an NES-era platformer.

Jawmuncher

The movement mechanics are slick, but the last time I played, it was sparse on content.

An expansion appears to have been patched in, though. $3 for the game is a fair price.

You probably don't have to use spoilers for a boss from an NES-era platformer.

If people spoil my ducks man I'm going to be pretty pissed.
ok not really.

nexen

I can't believe how slim the pickings have been for me this sale. I expect this to be a game of diminishing returns and all, but I didn't expect it to drop off a cliff like this.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
-user has no money for game
-I email user said game
-game is not redeemed for hours, sitting on my inventory (I didnt even know games went on your inventory now until its redeemed on the other side)
-I'm sad :(

on a positive note, Marvel Heroes is in fact improved, but then again I already liked it. Rocket being able to use multiples of the same turret makes my gibblets tingle

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom