• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

I am LTTP on Monkgate so I won't comment directly on that. However, I will mention that it took quite some considerable time for me to convince him on Steam Chat a day or so ago that he should add ALL the games he was interested in to his Steam Wishlist especially all the cheaper games.

I stressed to him that he was well regarded around these parts and that if he didn't do this then he would be doing a disservice to those people who may wish to gift him a game as a token of their appreciation for who he is but whose budget was limited. I am sure there have been occasions where a fellow GAFer has wished to do this but they couldn't afford any of the games he had in a small wishlist.

Of course, The_Monk being The_Monk was a very difficult fellow to convince as he seemed more interested in getting some money together to do another giveaway in here. It was only when I explained that allowing someone to give to you is in itself an act of giving to them that I think I started to make any traction in convincing him.

Now I ask you, does someone who has to be bullied implored to add games to his wishlist in case anyone wished to send him a gift sound like someone who is fake and really in it for what they can get out of it?

You will make your own judgement on that. I have already made mine.

EDIT - I checked his wishlist earlier and he's only added a few more games to it, none of them uber cheap to encourage gifting.

I don't think his heart's in it, poor love :(.

BUT WHAT IF HE ADDED EXPENSIVE GAMES ON PURPOSE JUST TO FORCE US TO GIFT THEM TO HIM LEAVING HIM FREE TO BUY CHEAP STUFF LIKE I DON'T KNOW BAD RATS?

Monk we're onto you, your cover is finally blown!

OVERBLOWING MONK-GATE PART TWO IS A GO! :p

derFeef

turned-on.gif.pagespeed.ce.6cKRV3Tk6Z.gif

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Brothers has got no hope of winning the community vote does it ? :( (though I'm guessing it'll turn up eventually anyway)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is Shadowrun pretty good for someone who likes wordy RPGs?

Gamestop trades for Steam wallet? Where is that pic from? I just bought a PS3 on ebay and it came with some recent games that still have trade value that I don't want. Would be perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom