• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

I edited the post before you posted this. Questions and criticism are not inherently insulting you. As a matter of fact I allowed for it to be an oversight if it was factual. As far as your persona, well, I think a lot of people would be lying if they didn't think it comes off as a bit disingenuous at times. And that's fine. The more people get to know you the more they can trust that it is you. You don't get to be a saint on face value. And it's inconsequential anyways, as I also mentioned people seem to like you and have decided they'd like to assume that you're not taking anyone for a ride on good will. That was primarily why I decided I might comment on the situation in the first place, because if it was a real thing that you had done, you might want to know why you shouldn't. If it was someone who portrayed, on the internet, some jerk that everyone thought was a jerk there would be no reason. Like it or not, how you say you are means that you'll be held to a higher standard. Consider it a compliment if you'd like.
He goes out of his way to be friendly, polite, and courteous. How sad that qualities like that which were once considered the normal qualities of a gentleman are now to be dismissed until he has in some way "proven" them, in apparently some other way than longstanding behavior, to people who apparently choose to apply their own weary cynicism to everything. If such hard cynicism is so easily applied to probably the nicest guy in the Steam threads, what hope is there for the rest of us? I don't want this community to devolve into that. I prefer to concept of innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.

I hope brothers wins the vote, really want to see what all the fuss is about. I'd probably put it at the top of my backlog too since it's short enough.

snack

MEB3H0x.jpg

GET CS GUYS

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well, most of your time you enjoy the atmosphere or read dialogue. It's no Planescape:Torment though.
That sounds like it's up my alley, just wanted to double check that it exceeded expectations I guess.

Clawww

Wow, is that what you get in the US? I can normally get £30-£35 back off of a £40 game if i sell it a couple of weeks after launch.

Is it any good? I remember enjoying the SNES game and was interested in this one.

Wow no fuking way

$5 for $60 is not far from the truth here if we're talking months

Is Shadow Warrior any good? I barely see any mention on GAF about the game

I've been playing it for the last hours and I must say the katana combat feels really good, the game is really pretty and run well on my pc. The enemies are a little repetitive but I just want to cut some demons. Overall it is a well made reimagined game. I recommended. I still remember playing the original with cheats XD when I was 8.

styl3s

Is Shadow Warrior any good? I barely see any mention on GAF about the game
It's fantastic.

It's very over the top with cheesy one liners with fantastic sword play. If you are a fan of late 80s/early 90s ridiculous shooters i say go for it. Always bet on Wang.

I've been playing it for the last hours and I must say the katana combat feels really good, the game is really pretty and run well on my pc. The enemies are a little repetitive but I just want to cut some demons. Overall it is a well made reimagined game. I recommended. I still remember playing the original with cheats XD when I was 8.
Yeah it's not a very demanding game but it's also really well optimized. I ran into some fps problems and had to turn down things i shouldn't of had to turn down/off. It's not a big deal, the game is super fun.

Omega

Banned
Wow, is that what you get in the US? I can normally get £30-£35 back off of a £40 game if i sell it a couple of weeks after launch.

If you trade it into a gamestop or bestbuy, max is $30.

obviously you could sell it on ebay or craigslist for more, but I'm too paranoid to deal with shit like that.

Is Shadowrun pretty good for someone who likes wordy RPGs?

Shadowrun, from playing only a bit, reminds me *exactly* of the SNES Shadowrun game I loved as a teen.

If you have any experience there, you'll know exactly what you're getting into, I guess.
If not, there probably is a lot of text to read and conversations to have, I'd bet, if that's what you want when you say "wordy".

My only problem with the game so far, other than the aforementioned "autosave only" is the lack of achievements. That makes me sad... but it's not a dealbreaker. It just seems silly since the game was made in 2013 and has trading cards... you'd figure it would have achievements too.

Turfster

Oh EA, you're so cute.
"Big Origin End of Year Sale! Nearly everything is up to 40% off!"
(note that the EU prices for Origin stuff are 50% higher by default, so...)

Victrix

*beard*
Shadow Warrior and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger are awesome if you want some shootin action. And cutting/stabbing/frying/blasting. Both with style and humor.

styl3s

Shadow Warrior and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger are awesome if you want some shootin action. And cutting/stabbing/frying/blasting. Both with style and humor.
Techland did Gunslinger, right? Game surprised the hell out of me. I remember GAF hyping it up when it came out and i kept putting it out because it was by the guys who did Cartel, Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide but it was so damn fun and entertaining.

Leatherface

Anyone else running into the issue of attempting to purchase games that you didn't realized were already owned? wow. It's happened like 5 times to me since the Fall sale. I guess I have a "purchasing games at discount prices" problem. heh

Ezra2680

Anyone else running into the issue of attempting to purchase games that you didn't realized were already owned? wow. It's happened like 5 times to me since the Fall sale. I guess I have a "purchasing games at discount prices" problem. heh

If you're on your pc, use enhanced steam plugin to avoid this problem

King_Moc

Banned
It's extremely linear, very simplistic, but I've had a lot of fun with it. Haven't finished it yet, but the great music (with references to the SNES soundtrack) and nice story have kept me entertained even if the actual gameplay is lackluster.

I might have a look then, it certainly looks pretty nice.

If you trade it into a gamestop or bestbuy, max is $30.

obviously you could sell it on ebay or craigslist for more, but I'm too paranoid to deal with shit like that.

Ebay with signed for delivery should be fine. I've never had a problem that way. the first game i ever sold on there, i just sent through normally. It mysteriously didn't turn up...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You're not alone. I suggest installing Enhanced Steam, which will highlight games you already own so you don't mistakenly purchase them again. :)

You must be new to SteamGAF, come my son, fas you are now one of us.

styl3s

If you're on your pc, use enhanced steam plugin to avoid this problem
Speaking of enhanced steam has anyone had problems with language changes? IT only happened twice but one of the times was i bought a game from humble store and it took me to the steam page to add it and it was in like Portuguese or something. Not a huge deal since it's simple to switch the language in 2 clicks but i found it odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom