• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

Shadow Warrior and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger are awesome if you want some shootin action. And cutting/stabbing/frying/blasting. Both with style and humor.
Those two and Metro: Last Light (and to a lesser extent Blood Dragon) made this a great year for FPS. Shadow Warrior is a 90s shooter remade correctly, it looks stunning, the humor mostly hits for me and the Katana combat is so much fun.

kAmui-

Speaking of enhanced steam has anyone had problems with language changes? IT only happened twice but one of the times was i bought a game from humble store and it took me to the steam page to add it and it was in like Portuguese or something. Not a huge deal since it's simple to switch the language in 2 clicks but i found it odd.

Happened to me at least a few times but that was a long time ago. I think it was when I went to look at my profile. Haven't encountered that problem for a while now.

Here are a couple leftover humble bundle keys if anyone would like them

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-59FD3AC425034722 - Taken by Casimir
Oil Rush -- MB-5FB6B41EC3A643A9 - Taken by redfirm

Finished Burial At Sea. Great ride, especially for €5, and especially considering the other one's still coming and I already own it now, too.

On to Metro: Last Light. So far, I'm enjoying it more than the original, even though my machine seems to have trouble running it with Vsync on. I'll take a smooth framerate over tearing, though.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://i.minus.com/ib169TamBIyrAH.gif

Anyway to calculate how much trade-in you get with that? I could dump some of my PS3 library to get the PC version of them if the deal is good.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Can I get an invite to the GAF Steam group? I heard there was one a while ago, but didn't know it was invite only.

On an unrelated subject, I took a look at the page for GTA IV just to see what's up with it (I already own it on 360 and don't care for it very much), and I saw all these warnings for 3rd party DRM.

urK3t9t.png

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
On an unrelated subject, I took a look at the page for GTA IV just to see what's up with it (I already own it on 360 and don't care for it very much), and I saw all these warnings for 3rd party DRM.

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

It is.

Zeliard

Just installed System Shock 2 and I'm looking at this modding guide. Now, what mods do I really need? I'm feeling lazy.

As a rule, I would ignore anything that modifies gameplay your first time through (and it seems that guide does so as well). SHTUP is a safe one. Perhaps a couple of other texture mods as well, though I wouldn't overdo it in that respect. Vurt's stuff is also pretty good.

But if you want to do the bare minimum, just go with SHTUP and then play the game as-is.

-MD-

K last repost for this one

ModBot said:
Instructions for -MD-:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hotline Miami -- MB-206DADB882C3ED44 - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 28 entrants total.

t1387838943z1.png

gngf123

I should really get back to playing English Country Tune. I was really enjoying it but I remember getting pretty damn stuck after a while.

All right, sweet, thanks. Definitely bought then, because my backlog isn't big enough already.

In all honestly, I'm doing pretty well at working my way through it. It's fun, too, seeing so many different games. I probably played more new games in 2013 than I did in the last six years of gaming combined.

derFeef

Goddamn, so much fun right now with Sir, You Are Being Hunted - and it's not even done yet. Seriously no one playing this? Surprise buy for me right now...

Just installed System Shock 2 and I'm looking at this modding guide. Now, what mods do I really need? I'm feeling lazy.
Personally I'd ignore the whole guide. Set the HUD to scale up from the ini in the root directory and you're set as far as the Steam release goes. Then again, I'm particularly tolerant towards older assets in games, but I think it holds up for what it is. The texture packs are good, but for how simple the ones in SS2 are I don't think they're mandatory.

Goddamn, so much fun right now with Sir, You Are Being Hunted - and it's not even done yet. Seriously no one playing this? Surprise buy for me right now...

It's on my wish list, but I'm waiting for it to hit €5 or less. Looks awesome, but I've resigned myself to not just buying every game I want.

Gazoinks

Great game, but I've only been playing it lightly. I don't want a repeat of Don't Starve where I got burned out before release.

Turfster

I've played quite a bit of it. I'm waiting for the next major update to do some more of it, though. I see myself spending a lot of time with it later, so I'm getting other stuff out of the way... which comes down to slogging my way through more A:CM since I promised I'd finish it this year =p

derFeef

Great game, but I've only been playing it lightly. I don't want a repeat of Don't Starve where I got burned out before release.

Yeah that's a good point. But I think there is already a good amount of content - the starter classes add a lot of variety. And holy shit the
scarecrow
got me really good one time - threw away my mouse.

styl3s

$30 the cheapest Blacklist has been? Played about 6 hours on the console version and loved it but $30 still seems a little too deep.

Lucifon

Got Shadow Warrior, Rogue Legacy and Shadowrun Returns in my basket right now, not 100% sure on any of them. Never played the original Shadow Warrior, nor did I play the SNES version of Shadowrun but love the look of it (I absolutely loved the 360 game, I know, I'm sorry).

Turfster

Got Shadow Warrior, Rogue Legacy and Shadowrun Returns in my basket right now, not 100% sure on any of them. Never played the original Shadow Warrior, nor did I play the SNES version of Shadowrun but love the look of it (I absolutely loved the 360 game, I know, I'm sorry).

These are all very different games.
Shadowrun Returns is good, but could have been so much better with a few easy changes (that they'll patch in next month).

hohoXD123

Just get them as gifts then.

oipic

I sense a disturbance in the force - not sure when I last saw so many unfortunate misunderstandings and undue tension within our usually safe SteamGAF walls.

Anyone else running into the issue of attempting to purchase games that you didn't realized were already owned?

You are truly one of us - this is a SteamGAF rite of passage. Welcome!

Castlevania might be my first pick-up of the sale... I think?

Momentary

Banned
I wonder if the holiday sales treated Konami and Square Enix well enough for them to give the go ahead on MGSV and Final Fantasy XV for PC.

I sense a disturbance in the force - not sure when I last saw so many unfortunate misunderstandings and undue tension within our usually safe SteamGAF walls.

You are truly one of us - this is a SteamGAF rite of passage. Welcome!

Castlevania might be my first pick-up of the sale... I think?

I got it at nuuvem, 7.35 USD.

NotSelf

You made the right choice on Rogue Legacy the other two games I never played so can't comment.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Aw ywah, just got 3.59$ from muh tradin cards. Thank god for that foil card, i sold it for 2.75!!!!!!!
Brothers, here I come. I already spent all my videogame money for the year and this 4.50 flash sale is my last hope.

Xaero

Neo Member

I'm playing Shadow Warrior now and having a blast :) Funny game, I'm laughing every 30 seconds!

These are all very different games.
Shadowrun Returns is good, but could have been so much better with a few easy changes (that they'll patch in next month).

I keep hearing about this Berlin expansion. I plan to pick up the base version so I hope the upcoming content will be worth it.

Turfster

I keep hearing about this Berlin expansion. I plan to pick up the base version so I hope the upcoming content will be worth it.
Note that you'll have to pay extra for the Berlin expansion. The patches will be free, though (or at least they better be, because fuck that save game system)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom