• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

I was thinking about biting on Lords of Shadow, Nuuvem looks like the best option.

How are they now for people in Europe? I bought a game from them a year or so back but it seems some things have changed since then with region locking and all that.

I hope Brothers wins the community vote but I'm sure I'll be disappointed. Tomorrow Amazon will have Batman: Arkham Origins for 20 bucks, Lego Marvel for 12 bucks (I think GMG has it for that much now) and Deadpool for 10 bucks. I have some gift card credit so I'll pick those games up there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
is it region free? Would pull on this price if there's no restriction to play on a UK account

For the UK you should be fine. Looks like the only region-restricted version is for RU + CIS

I ordered this game from Nuuvem and it activated fine on my US account.

So the Zombie Island and Mad Moxxi DLC pages on Steam say they have SecuROM and limited activations, but the Borderlands GOTY page doesn't mention either of these. Does the GOTY version still have SecuROM and the limited activations?

So I've been perusing these glorious steam sales, and realized that I need more Steam friends to play with! So feel free to add me for gaming, chatting, or other shenanigans :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wookieomg/ is me, or just look for Wookieomg on the Steam client. Hope to see you all online!

Done!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gazoinks This is me if anyone wants the addingness. Can always use more buddies. :D

Done and done.

Zeliard

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So the Zombie Island and Mad Moxxi DLC pages on Steam say they have SecuROM and limited activations, but the Borderlands GOTY page doesn't mention either of these. Does the GOTY version still have SecuROM and the limited activations?

Even though it's not mentioned, it's still got SecuROM in those expansions.

nexen

Couple of leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2 -- MB-48BCF40B3EDE2D0E - Taken by Eternia
Doc Clock -- MB-E695420B779690A2 - Taken by snack

Miker

Gamefly won't be send out keys for MGR until it comes out right?

I actually emailed them about that, and here's their reply:

Hey Michael,

Thank you for contacting the GameFly Tech Team. Currently it is not known if the Steam keys will be provided before the release of the game or if there will be a pre-load available.

We should know if we will be offering the keys before the release date once the game is closer to release.

Feel free to contact me with any more questions you might have. I am happy to help!

atomsk

Party Pooper
Oh man, I really want Brothers. It'll be a daily or flash if it doesn't make it for the community choice... right? RIGHT?

My memory is not great, but I know where was a game during the last summer sale that was in a community vote, lost, and then never showed up again the rest of the sale.

I recall being pretty annoyed at the time, may have been Primordia now that I'm trying to remember.

Hubb

Unless the game has been updated then yes, they still have the DRM on the first two DLC packs.

EDIT: Beaten

So I've been perusing these glorious steam sales, and realized that I need more Steam friends to play with! So feel free to add me for gaming, chatting, or other shenanigans :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Wookieomg/ is me, or just look for Wookieomg on the Steam client. Hope to see you all online!
Done!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gazoinks This is me if anyone wants the addingness. Can always use more buddies. :D
I added both of ya if you don't mind! More GAF Steam friends is always nice. :)

I might as well jump on this whole, "Friend," thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shaolinfingers
Added you as well!

jshackles

I actually emailed them about that, and here's their reply:

Which is kinda BS, as Nuuvem buyers get their key instantly.
Glad I bought mine there.

Altazor

Done!

added both of you :)

RS4-

My question is:

Is it a good deal buying now or when Berlin expansions hits?

Personally I'm going to wait; I played through the DRM free version for a bit.

Sure, I wish it was like the original Shadowrun though. For Returns, I wasn't a huge fan of the way they handle saves. And loot, but I remember what the devs had to say about that. So yeah, will wait for Berlin and next sale or if it drops down to $5

http://steamcommunity.com/id/beattribe

Arthea

Added Wookieomg and Gazoinks, and if not this, I wouldn't have known that there is gog group on steam! Even thought never occurred to me (><)
By this I want to say, that adding new people can be educational

BorntoPlay

Cleaning up my inventory, a couple of leftovers....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor Origin Key -- MB-26E73DB0853561BE - Taken by benrichardson
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space Origin Key -- MB-EFCC0A70E2CC1682 - Taken by gimel

Miker

Which is kinda BS, as Nuuvem buyers get their key instantly.
Glad I bought mine there.

What's the deal with Nuuvem? Where are they based, anyway? And as an American, can I just buy things from there myself, or do I need to ask someone else to buy from there for me?

RS4-

What's the deal with Nuuvem? Where are they based, anyway? And as an American, can I just buy things from there myself, or do I need to ask someone else to buy from there for me?

Brazil iirc.

I really want to get into CK2 lol, especially for dat Game of Thrones mod.

Logistic

Borderlands 2 DLC is confusing.

As someone who only owns the base game, not the GOTY, which DLC is worth buying?

Apparently the GOTY bundle doesn't even have all of the DLC...

Seanspeed

Banned
Those two and Metro: Last Light (and to a lesser extent Blood Dragon) made this a great year for FPS. Shadow Warrior is a 90s shooter remade correctly, it looks stunning, the humor mostly hits for me and the Katana combat is so much fun.
I just started Last Light the other day. I had heard a lot of hype about it and checked out the first one thanks to a fellow GAFer on here's giveaway. I honestly...I couldn't stand it(2033). Atmosphere was interesting, but the shooting was horrendous.

After hearing that this was much improved in Last Light, I was quite hyped for it. And I must say, it *is* a big improvement(as most anything would be). But I'm still not really feelin it. I'm spending the vast majority of my time walking around in non-interactive environments with only the occasional combat situation, which falls into two categories:

- 'Wave' combat with monsters.
- Generic stealth areas that often break into generic shooting matches

Neither are terribly inspired.

There's also no sense of progression whatsoever. I got a shotgun, which was alright. But there doesn't seem to be incentive to improve - its just a typical modern FPS design where you just 'move forward' with little to no exploration involved and get to the next area. The chapters are also incredibly short.

The only real thing I'm enjoying are the above-ground parts, mainly because it looks quite nice. But I have a time limit, so I cant sit and take in the sights for too long.

I'm gonna continue on to see if it gets better, but I'm thinking the short chapters will lend it a very 'short burst' type of game for me. Cant really understand what impressed people so much...?

Jzero

Borderlands 2 DLC is confusing.

As someone who only owns the base game, not the GOTY, which DLC is worth buying?

Apparently the GOTY bundle doesn't even have all of the DLC...

I think most of the DLC is worth it (besides the character skins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom