• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borderlands 2 DLC is confusing.

As someone who only owns the base game, not the GOTY, which DLC is worth buying?

Apparently the GOTY bundle doesn't even have all of the DLC...

quite a bit of DLC is just useless skins. you want, the 4 story DLCs, and the vault hunter upgrades. the mechromancer and psycho are okay but not needed.

Turfster

Seriously, fuck whoever designed that fucking power loader boss fight in A:CM with a rusty, tetanus riddled train rail.
Instead of feeling powerful, I feel like a hippo on ice, and it's not the fucking boss that spazzes and clips through the walls that kills me, no, it's the fucking ads my braindead AI companions are supposed to take care of that kill me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Dr.Acula

Banned
MEB3H0x.jpg

GET CS GUYS

Wow, Starbound is a hit, and Skyrim has serious legs.

I wanna get back into Skyrim, but I'm waiting for the Occulus Rift for my next play through.

And what the hell do people even do in Garry's Mod?

nexen

Seriously, fuck whoever designed that fucking power loader boss fight in A:CM with a rusty, tetanus riddled train rail.
Instead of feeling powerful, I feel like a hippo on ice, and it's not the fucking boss that spazzes and clips through the walls that kills me, no, it's the fucking ads my braindead AI companions are supposed to take care of that kill me EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Somewhere in Texas there is a man frowning sadly while reading this post.

Wookieomg

Thanks for all the friend invites GAF! :D I love you guys. <3

Got a question... My cart is currently holding 6 games, and I'm wondering about the consensus for each one before I pull the trigger, if someone would be so kind:

Crusader Kings 2, and also, the DLC... There seems to be a fuck ton. Any recommendations? Or just go for the CK2 bundle for 20?

Revenge of the Titans

Risk of Rain

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Also, is the expansion worth getting alongside it for the additional 2 bucks?

Guacamelee! Gold

Primordia

They all seem like really solid purchases, and I've read a couple of reviews for each one, but ultimately I trust GAF's opinion over the internet at large.

Added a bunch of you... Might as well fill all these new friend slots from leveling up. ;)

Anyone know about fixing problems with contagion crashing to desktop?

---

Wookie. Guacamelee and risk of rain are two of my top ten for 2013.

Giana sisters is supposed to be good.

That said, wait for the daily deals or flash sales.

Arthea

added everybody I think, if not feel free to add me.

just repeating for those who missed 7 Grand Steps got 70% discount even if it didn't win community vote.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ahhh.. Brutal Legend Booster pack... thanks for the free $0.22 Valve

Gunslinger hasn't been on sale, right?

Definitely grabbing that with card money if/when it does.
It'll be $5 at Amazon on Christmas (which I guess doesn't help in light of paying with card money). It hasn't been a daily/flash/community during this Steam sale yet though.

Borderlands 2 DLC is confusing.

As someone who only owns the base game, not the GOTY, which DLC is worth buying?

Apparently the GOTY bundle doesn't even have all of the DLC...

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty - Campaign DLC, pretty good
Sir Hammerlock's big Game Hunt - campaign DLC. Good, but the worst of the 4
Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - campaign DLC, pretty good.
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - campaign DLC, the best one. You want this.

Ultimate Vault Hunter's Pack 1 - raises your level cap. Only worth it if you're going to do the 3rd playthrough
Ultimate Vault Hunter's Pack 2 - raises the level cap again, and I think adds Digistruct peak. Also only worth it for playthrough 3.

Psycho pack (Krieg) - extra character class. I find him more fun than anythign else in the game.
Mechromancer pack (Gaige) extra character class. Pretty fun, worth it if you're interested playing as her.

Headhunter packs are short campaign DLCs with 1 boss. There's a Halloween one, a Thanksgiving one, and a Christmas one.

The rest are heads and skins, all cosmetic.

I think that covers everything. I may have forgotten something.

Thanks for all the friend invites GAF! :D I love you guys. <3

Got a question... My cart is currently holding 6 games, and I'm wondering about the consensus for each one before I pull the trigger, if someone would be so kind:

Crusader Kings 2, and also, the DLC... - Get the base game. It is a super deep experience and is on sale often. If you get into it you can pick up DLC later.

Revenge of the Titans - It is ok. Consider this bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Risk of Rain - It is excellent, but wait/look for a deal.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Also, is the expansion worth getting alongside it for the additional 2 bucks? - I enjoy it a lot. Wait/look for a deal.

Guacamelee! Gold - Highly recommended, wait/look for a deal.

Primordia - Not as good as you'd think looking at it but can't go wrong for the price. Wait/look for a deal.

Didn't know I would have to wait a week after putting my new credit card in, that's a pain.
Purchased Rouge Legacy and now it won't let me downloaded it because it keeps searching for Steam license updates. Would love to have it downloaded before the power goes out again and I lose internet.

Logistic

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty - Campaign DLC, pretty good
Sir Hammerlock's big Game Hunt - campaign DLC. Good, but the worst of the 4
Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - campaign DLC, pretty good.
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - campaign DLC, the best one. You want this.

Ultimate Vault Hunter's Pack 1 - raises your level cap. Only worth it if you're going to do the 3rd playthrough
Ultimate Vault Hunter's Pack 2 - raises the level cap again, and I think adds Digistruct peak. Also only worth it for playthrough 3.

Psycho pack (Krieg) - extra character class. I find him more fun than anythign else in the game.
Mechromancer pack (Gaige) extra character class. Pretty fun, worth it if you're interested playing as her.

Headhunter packs are short campaign DLCs with 1 boss. There's a Halloween one, a Thanksgiving one, and a Christmas one.

The rest are heads and skins, all cosmetic.

I think that covers everything. I may have forgotten something.

This was exactly what I was looking for, thank you for taking the time.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
How in the fuck did Solar 2 win out against teleglitch? Fuck the community votes.
Since it hasn't been said in a few pages, anyone who's disappointed about Teleglitch losing the vote should get it from IndieGala for $0.04 more than the community choice deal would have been.

Edit: omg TURFSTER!!! :mad:( i'm just gonna go stomp off into the distance or something

Turfster

Edit: omg TURFSTER!!! :mad:

I'm sorry! I was looking at the GAF monitor while ACM verifies cache, because I refuse to believe this is the patched version. I'm moving 5 times more slowly than all these videos on youtube seem to.

Edit: I'm obviously not alone.
Also, it verfied fine, so basically, fuck you Gearbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom