• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry! I was looking at the GAF monitor while ACM verifies cache, because I refuse to believe this is the patched version. I'm moving 5 times more slowly than all these videos on youtube seem to.

Edit: I'm obviously not alone.
Also, it verfied fine, so basically, fuck you Gearbox.

I think I remember Stump posting about that fight and how bad it was.

Sullichin

Finally finished Electronic Super Joy.

Man what a great game. Best 79 cents I've ever spent :)
This game is fucking hard! I'm not usually good at these hardcore platformers though. I'm still in the first world. I'm glad the PG option exists because all the "oh yeahhhh"s at checkpoints got old real quick.

Wookieomg

Crusader Kings 2, and also, the DLC... - Get the base game. It is a super deep experience and is on sale often. If you get into it you can pick up DLC later.

Revenge of the Titans - It is ok. Consider this bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Risk of Rain - It is excellent, but wait/look for a deal.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. Also, is the expansion worth getting alongside it for the additional 2 bucks? - I enjoy it a lot. Wait/look for a deal.

Guacamelee! Gold - Highly recommended, wait/look for a deal.

Primordia - Not as good as you'd think looking at it but can't go wrong for the price. Wait/look for a deal.

If you want the skins/heads that is up to you, but the "expansion" DLC is worth it IMO. If you own nothing then the 20 dollar pack is worth it. I think it contains everything but the newest DLC.

Wookie. Guacamelee and risk of rain are two of my top ten for 2013.

Giana sisters is supposed to be good.

That said, wait for the daily deals or flash sales.

here's my detailed opinion:

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Arrgghh Salsa you and your logic. :p Thanks everyone! I've done my due diligence and checked out the lowest lows for each of the games I listed on steamgamesales.com... And I suppose the games that are already at their lowest lows *could* go lower this winter sale, so I'll wait for a few of them. Gonna hold off on Risk of Rain, Guacamelee, and Giana Sisters... Though prolly gonna grab the other three. Thanks GAF!

Your imparted your wisdom unto me and saved me from myself. :D

What is some of the best DLC for Crusader Kings 2? Steam has that DLC pack but it seems to be missing out on some of the expansions like the Old Gods? Would that be worth picking up too?

I've had CK2 sitting around for over a year now since I got it in the 2012 Steam Summer sale but I just haven't gotten that far into it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh.. anyone here [nC] Allen?

No?

...Cool, then I'm going to block his friend request, because I have no fucking clue who he is.

Turfster

And I did the boss fight by...
*drumroll*
the game bugging and the adds staying frozen in one place, so I could concentrate on the boss for once =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom