• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Does Ys hold up at all? Interested in picking it up but don't want to waste my time with an old game that is too difficult.

It totally does. Don't be afraid to use a guide, it is one of those games. You can straight break your save game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Why the fuck is bethesda insulting me for purchasing their game at launch and most of the dlc as it was released. I was waiting to pick up dragonborn for it to be discounted but it's only getting a 33% discount. It's 20 cents cheaper than the legendary edition and that's straight fucking bullshit, it's fucking garbage -- it's not like I can gift the part of the legendary edition I don't need. It's super frustrating being punished for purchasing at release.

Welcome to video games. Now we just have to sit back and wait for publishers to bitch and moan about how nobody is buying games on release any more once people wise up.

dani_dc

I'm waiting for Dustforce, but are there any other top tier 2D indie platformers I've missed out on post Super Meat Boy?

If you don't have it, VVVVVV is an excelent game, though not your traditional platformer in the slightest.

Why the fuck is bethesda insulting me for purchasing their game at launch and most of the dlc as it was released. I was waiting to pick up dragonborn for it to be discounted but it's only getting a 33% discount. It's 20 cents cheaper than the legendary edition and that's straight fucking bullshit, it's fucking garbage -- it's not like I can gift the part of the legendary edition I don't need. It's super frustrating being punished for purchasing at release.

And that's why I just wait for a cheap sale of GOTY version for certain publishers.

Ezra2680

Dragonborn was also $5 a week or so ago on Amazon

I'm tempted to pick up Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs but I haven't even played the first one yet...

They are very different games. The first one is a horror title and a must play if you enjoy the genre. The second is more or less Dear Ether with pigs running around. I didn't much care for it but if that is more your style go for it.

Salsa

fuck you steam!

O4H3Xswl.jpg

So Ys is good huh? Never played any in the series, I'm assuming these are good games to jump into it?

I suggest starting with Ys Oath in Felghana and Ys Origin. Chronicles plays completely different and can feel pretty outdated for newcomers. It's still a great game though.

Phatmac

Don't feel confident buying Ys but at that price it's worth the risk. I'll probably dislike it but I'd like to try it regardless.

Welcome to video games. Now we just have to sit back and wait for publishers to bitch and moan about how nobody is buying games on release any more once people wise up.

I know I've personally stopped buying games, or atleast the dlc for games that I think are going to get a goty release. It has paid dividends for dishonored and other games but it's still dumb having my hand forced like that.

Hubb

It's the games long legs. Can only hope they drop it during the summer sale.

Sergiepoo

Damn. I was hoping that Skyrim Legendary Edition would go lower than that.

Since this flash sale is just for the vanilla version, is there a chance that the real sale for Skyrim: LE is still coming?

KingKong

It says Brothers requires a controller, but does it still work with keyboard/mouse?

I have no problem playing GTA, Assassins Creed, Dark Souls (after fix) with kbm so just wondering

bender

What time is it?
If you really like low quality purple prose set to okay looking backdrops with zero interactions sure.

Besides, Binding of Isaac is the Game of the Generation.

It's really pretty though. I think the narrative was about kidney stones but I kind of zoned out.

Salsa

That game is worth the $30, though I would totally recommend that you try to get it physically

impossible

south america gonna south america

glad it's $30 since I had $70 sitting there and now I can save the remaining $40 for Bravely Default

all is well

As someone residing in Europe, where the game doesn't even have a release date, I can't begin to express the amount of hate and jealousyI feel at this moment.

:(

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Agreed 110%. I bought Skyrim at launch and right now it would cost me $25 to buy all of the DLC for my game, yet the freaking Legendary Edition, with the game plus all DLC, is $5 less than that at $20!!!!!

This is the second sale that's happened at, makes me want to skip Elder Scrolls 6 at launch and just wait for the inevitable GOTY Ultimate Legendary Gold Edition instead.

Fuck Skyrim, I'm waiting until the deal is worth it to buy all that DLC. The checkbook balancing part of me simply can't justify that, I just can't. I think I'll get the free mod Skywind instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom