• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Volgarr the Viking. It should hit daily/flash status sometime this sale.

Spelunky. Giana Sisters and Electronic Super Joy are good but not on the same level. Guacamelee if you don't mind a metroidvania beatemup platformer.

I was hoping for more pure platformer stuff, but might end up picking up both Volgarr and Guacamelee anyway based on all the positive stuff I hear about them. The trailer for Electronic Super Joy didn't do anything for me but I'll look up some gameplay.

If you don't have it, VVVVVV is an excelent game, though not your traditional platformer in the slightest.

Already played VVVVVV, great game.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, I look at the Community Choice for the next eight hours.

i see Braid, and I think "Shit, I've owned Braid since Humble Bundle 1".

I see Isaac, and I think "Fuck, I've had this for ages too, and I'm still shit at it".

I see Dear Esther, and I think "Cunt, this isn't even a game".

So I vote for Isaac, since there's a new version coming next year, and maybe there'll be some positive karma in it.

Cheddahz

Banned
impossible

south america gonna south america

glad it's $30 since I had $70 sitting there and now I can save the remaining $40 for Bravely Default

all is well(

damn, well yeah, it's worth the $30 and i hope you enjoy it

bravely default should be dope, so yeah, save the money for it

marrec

Banned
So, I look at the Community Choice for the next eight hours.

i see Braid, and I think "Shit, I've owned Braid since Humble Bundle 1".

I see Isaac, and I think "Fuck, I've had this for ages too, and I'm still shit at it".

I see Dear Esther, and I think "Cunt, this isn't even a game".

So I vote for Isaac, since there's a new version coming next year, and maybe there'll be some positive karma in it.

ALWAYS vote for Isaac.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Was about to buy Ys 1 & 2 but it turns out I already own it along with all the other Ys games on Steam
Just had the reverse of this happen. I clicked through to the game's page only out of curiosity, to see how low the price would go (the discount hadn't propagated to the main page yet) and was surprised to find I didn't have it.

I apparently refrained when it came out (in a stunning display of self-control) because I hadn't played my PSP copy at all...and unfortunately, I still haven't :||

If you really like low quality purple prose set to okay looking backdrops
Before I read any further I was sure you were talking about Braid, haha.

Why the fuck is bethesda insulting me for purchasing their game at launch and most of the dlc as it was released. I was waiting to pick up dragonborn for it to be discounted but it's only getting a 33% discount. It's 20 cents cheaper than the legendary edition and that's straight fucking bullshit, it's fucking garbage -- it's not like I can gift the part of the legendary edition I don't need. It's super frustrating being punished for purchasing at release.

edit : ok...i misread. Yup...pretty shitty

bender

What time is it?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
33% and 50% off DLC. sigh, I thought I might make my first purchase with Skyrim DLC.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I was hoping for more pure platformer stuff, but might end up picking up both Volgarr and Guacamelee anyway based on all the positive stuff I hear about them. The trailer for Electronic Super Joy didn't do anything for me but I'll look up some gameplay.

I mentioned Super Joy mainly because it's really cheap and I was looking through my games list. It's good, but not excellent like Meat Boy, Spelunky, and Guacamelee. I also forgot to throw in the honorable mention Speedrunners, which is a multiplayer competitive racing platformer in early access. I might be missing something, but Dustforce is certainly near the top of the list of platformers recently.

fuck you steam!

O4H3Xswl.jpg

$30 fucking dollars

You could buy like 10 games on steam with that money.

Skyrim DLC prices are a slap in the god damn face of launch buyers.

A slap in the face is a minor insult, this honestly feels like bethesda pissing in the mouth of a dehydrated starving man, one that's simply trying to lap up enough rain to survive yet inadvertently ends up lapping up buckets of piss that end up giving him some form of organ failure.

Damn man this makes me so salty ;(

Man, when will all three of Skyrim's dlc will be 75% off? The legendary edition alone is cheaper than the three dlc's being sold individually. Ugh.
I guess I'll be waiting on those dlc's for a really long time.

Levyne

Banned
I remember really liking the Dawnguard expansion but not Hearthfire or Dragonborn. New area just seemed..unneeded? Not lived in. Hard to say. Maybe I was just Skyrim'd out when I tackled it.

Gorger

Disappointed Brother's didn't win. We have seen Chivalry on sale countless of times already.

There are a few games I hope will make one of the sale still...

- The Cat Lady
- The Last Express
- Gone Home
- Brothers
- Memoria
- The Night of The Rabbit
- The Swapper

Dramatic maybe, but his point is fair. All the DLC is more expensive than just buying the GOTY version.

And this is why I bought a copy of the Legendary Edition from a reseller of keys for $16 during the last sale. Figured it was way less than I'd ever see the DLC discounted to. I think maybe, you could have gotten them all for $15 or so on amazon shortly after the last Steam sale, but I didn't really care at that point. :)

At this point - what is everyone's #1 hopeful to go on sale?

For me.. Starbound. Unlikely, but hopeful.

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed. Although I own it, more people need to buy and play it!

But the main reason I want it on sale as I hope it will affect Sonic Hits Collection to have a deeper discount than it now has (still a great deal and will pick it probably before end of sale)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I remember really liking the Dawnguard expansion but not Hearthfire or Dragonborn. New area just seemed..unneeded? Not lived in. Hard to say. Maybe I was just Skyrim'd out when I tackled it.

Bethesda DLC is routinely awful. The only one that was any good for Oblivion was ..uh...the Sheogorath one. You know. That one that I don't care to look up right now. Fallout 3 only had one worthwhile DLC too with the first one being just pathetic.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I mentioned Super Joy mainly because it's really cheap and I was looking through my games list. It's good, but not excellent like Meat Boy, Spelunky, and Guacamelee. I also forgot to throw in the honorable mention Speedrunners, which is a multiplayer competitive racing platformer in early access. I might be missing something, but Dustforce is certainly near the top of the list of platformers recently.

Now this looks awesome, and something I hadn't heard of yet.

Dustforce never seems to go on sale. GoG has it for $7.99.

http://www.gog.com/game/dustforce

Volgarr is also on sale for $4.79.

http://www.gog.com/game/volgarr_the_viking

Nice thanks. Might even grab Dustforce at this price since it looks so good.

$16.99 for Skyrim Legendary edition. That's the cheapest its been so far? Kinda regret getting that Gamersgate price error a year ago. Nah, not really :p

A few more suggestions, worth checking out.

Fly'n
Knytt Underground
Pid
Sideway
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (from Guacamelee devs)
Tobe's Vertical Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom