• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I think I have DA:O on Origin from that fuck up a couple years back. Maybe If I got it on Steam I'd actually play it...eventually.

Tenrius

Man, is it hard to follow this thread. Quite different from the usual inoffensive banter of the Steam threads. Anyway, I picked a couple of games I've been waiting to go on sale, namely Dragon Commander and DuckTales.

FACE

Banned
Chivalry won(late, I know)

iwhpXtbCq0b0n.gif

MiKeD

Banned
You can use a fake US billing address and get the games through that, but be careful as some UK banks charge a international transaction tax, some up to £1.50. It might be best to ask a US gaffer to purchase these through AMazon US for it and pay the gaffer through paypal. The fee for paypal will be much lower than the bank international transaction tax, and if your bank is linked to your paypal account, the fee will be next to nothing.

EDIT: assumed you were in UK, but I guess this applies to other EU countries as well.

Oh alright. Yea, I got some good buddies in the States aswell, I might try it that way then.
Thanks.

My 2013 Steam Grabs + List:

Day 1:
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe
Dishonored GOTY
BL2 XMAS DLC
You Don't Know Jack! Movies
You Don't Know Jack! Television
You Don't Know Jack! 1 + 2 + 3
Super House of Dead Ninjas
Shelter
Electronic Super Joy

Day 2:
FF7

Day 4:
Eldritch

To Go:
Typing of the Dead + DLC (Waiting for daily)

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on daily)

Now I am off to bake everything in existence for Christ Birth Eve Dinner.

marrec

Banned
but arent both non-games

The writing in Gone Home is actually good though. Non-game or not, Gone Home is a great game. (see what I did there?)

Dear Esther is experimental crap that can be avoided unless you want to see one or two pretty screenshots in motion.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Gratz!

Also, the 'Pro' racers have put upwards of 400 hours into BoI. I'm still amature comparitively. :lol

400 is nothing. Look at streamers like LethalFrag (who spent probably 6-8 hours a day every day streaming Isaac for a year before he moved on) or NorthernLion (with a 600+ episode series devoted to Isaac videos lasting between 20 and 60 minutes each).

Then there's CobaltStreak. This was a long time ago so he may very well have topped himself, but he had 100+ completed games in a row without dying at one point. (edit: Good lord, just looked up his youtube channel, apparently he recently finished another streak at 386 Mom kills without a death)

Bit of a replayable game.

I don't have any of the Ys...I am thinking of buying the flash sale. Yay or nay?

Reposting
The writing in Gone Home is actually good though. Non-game or not, Gone Home is a great game. (see what I did there?)

Dear Esther is experimental crap that can be avoided unless you want to see one or two pretty screenshots in motion.
Honestly, neither look like something I'll enjoy. But I'll take your word for it.

Chris R

I thought the price changed too but figured it was just a long day...

I would have bought it but I was at work and thought the price would last until I got home. Oh well, I'll check once more before the deals flip again tomorrow and if the price isn't back down at 14.99 I'll skip it until Summer '14 sale, and who knows if I'll even care about the DLC by then (bought the base game when it came out on 360).

marrec

Banned
Guys, how do the Classic YDKJ games keep?

Me and my SO love the new Jack, and I loved the old ones, but I won't buy them if in retrospect they're actually crap.

bender

What time is it?
Guys, how do the Classic YDKJ games keep?

Me and my SO love the new Jack, and I loved the old ones, but I won't buy them if in retrospect they're actually crap.

The new one is pretty good but nothing compares to The Ride. Buy without hesitation.

komorebi

For the SteamGAF bros who didn't get the community vote:

ModBot said:
Instructions for gimel:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons -- MB-3B7AEECF96B370F9 - Taken by Turfster. 59 entrants total.

t1387854695z1.png

Kadin

I would have bought it but I was at work and thought the price would last until I got home. Oh well, I'll check once more before the deals flip again tomorrow and if the price isn't back down at 14.99 I'll skip it until Summer '14 sale, and who knows if I'll even care about the DLC by then (bought the base game when it came out on 360).
Might wanna check out the thread here. There's a link to getgamesgo who have it at $14.99.

AHHH!!!! I just got home from work and learned that Brothers lost, dammit.

But happy to see YS on there, definitely going to pick that up, maybe, idk, is it good?

FACE

Banned
Did it really sink that low?

Is it really that bad?? I just look at is and see such an amazing game. It saddens me :(

Yup, it's awful. You'd be better off getting X3(base game is about a hundred billion times better than rebirth) and modding the shit out of it.

Nickname among early adopters was X: Stillbirth.

X:Rebirth's biggest problem is that it's an awful game full of boneheaded design decisions, the bugs are just icing on a shit cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom