• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

For the SteamGAF bros who didn't get the community vote:

No whammy, big money big money.

no-whammy.png

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I bought Amnesia Pigs cause I liked Amnesia. But I really want the Stanley Parable game that people are talking about. I got Gone Home and thought it was OK. I'd like to try the other game.

Out of curiosity I looked up the DOTA 2 Legendary holiday item on the Market

300 UNITED STATES AMERICAN USA DOLLARS

Then the next person sold theirs for $11.50

Any idea how the PC port is? I'm about to pull the trigger on it for $8.16 at Green Man Gaming but if it runs poorly I may not bother since I already have an unopened copy on PS3.

the console versions run at like low 20 fps most of the time, a modest PC can get 60 out of the PC port as far as I know?

edit: there is a demo

LkPr

DAMNIT! Was home when borderlands 2 GotY went on sale for 14.99 ... come home now to buy it and its up to 29.99. WTF

the console versions run at like low 20 fps

Sure, but if the PC port is terrible and won't run much better I can save myself close to $10. Considering I may never even get around to playing it even if I do buy it I'd just like to know that it runs well or doesn't have any sort of weird performance caps to worry about.

Levyne

Banned
Any idea how the PC port is? I'm about to pull the trigger on it for $8.16 at Green Man Gaming but if it runs poorly I may not bother since I already have an unopened copy on PS3.

It runs and looks great in engine, during normal gameplay. The cinematic cutscenes are blurrier and suffer from more aliasing (the game itself looks fine in those regards) and I was unsure what was up with that.

bender

What time is it?
I bought Amnesia Pigs cause I liked Amnesia. But I really want the Stanley Parable game that people are talking about. I got Gone Home and thought it was OK. I'd like to try the other game.

I've skipped sales on it three times but I'm going in next time.

Sure, but if the PC port is terrible and won't run much better I can save myself close to $10. Considering I may never even get around to playing it even if I do buy it I'd just like to know that it runs well or doesn't have any sort of weird performance caps to worry about.

The demo ran great on my not super great PC when I ran it a while back.

The PC version is MUCH better. Money well spent.

Levyne

Banned
On my phone and in class can you elaborate more on this? Is it an issue? I am interested in getting the flash sale...

Probably was hoping Ys Origin and Ys: The Oath in Felghana were on the deeper discount as well. Hopefully they see a later flash/community/daily sale..

It runs and looks great in engine, during normal gameplay. The cinematic cutscenes are blurrier and suffer from more aliasing (the game itself looks fine in those regards) and I was unsure what was up with that.

Thanks, that's the sort of info I was looking for. I've had that PS3 copy for years and keep telling myself I'll play through the game since I like Castlevania and God of War, which it seems to be a mix. And starting this past Thanksgiving I'm trying to be more of a PC gamer so rebuying more of my console stuff has been helping me play through it.

But then there's the usual concern of spending money now but other neat stuff go on sale later and funds aren't infinite. Steam is so rough!

I don't have any of the Ys...I am thinking of buying the flash sale. Yay or nay?

I'd normally recommend Oath in Felghana (Followed by Origins) for those new to the series, but those games aren't currently included in the Flash Sale (They'll likely go on sale if/when Ys is a Daily Deal). Ys I & II Chronicles+ is a good version of the original duology (and there likely won't be a better price for it than this), but the gameplay mechanics and stock storyline elements might turn new players away.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, for me most of the enjoyment of Ys I and II was seeing the connections to Origin. Yeah, I played them in that order, haha.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Guys, Skyrim LE just passed DAYZ !

That might be even more impressive than Day Z being on top for so long. It seems like the public opinion on Skyrim has only gotten more and more negative the further we've come since release.

That said, I just started playing it this month myself and it absolutely would have been my 2011 game of the year. Watered down or not, there's just something about Bethesda games that grabs me and doesn't let go until I've finished them once or twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom