• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Hmm. If I change my Steam email address right now, will I be locked out of the market/trading for a week?

Croc

Banned
Okay, so I've bought two games from the Humble Store this sale season; Guacamelee and Monaco. I'm trying to activate them on Steam, but in order to get the key I have to activate Steam on my browser. In order to do that, I need to get a key from my email which is supposed to be sent when I attempt to access through the browser.

That however, is not happening. I'm not getting any key. I've attempted countless times over the past couple of days, and now that I think about it the last time I tried about a month ago I never got a key then either. My email address is correct and verified so I know it should be at the right place, but it's not getting sent (and also not in junk mail).

Anyone know how to solve this?

Decado

Is Ys 1&2 worth getting? I haven't played Oath yet (own it). I like the idea of a top down action rpg with controls based on using a gamepad, but I'm not sure if combat has any real depth.

Erekiddo

Okay, so I've bought two games from the Humble Store this sale season; Guacamelee and Monaco. I'm trying to activate them on Steam, but in order to get the key I have to activate Steam on my browser. In order to do that, I need to get a key from my email which is supposed to be sent when I attempt to access through the browser.

That however, is not happening. I'm not getting any key. I've attempted countless times over the past couple of days, and now that I think about it the last time I tried about a month ago I never got a key then either. My email address is correct and verified so I know it should be at the right place, but it's not getting sent (and also not in junk mail).

Contact support? Or double check the e-mail address you have associated.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

That seems weird. Give me the steam key and I will see if it is working.

Anustart

I've voiced my slight concern previously with the quality of the witcher 2. I've been playing it for hours tonight and that's a big change from other play sessions!

I've opened up the areas around Flotsam, been doing quests, fighting and more. Everything has improved greatly now and I'm having a blast with the game. Glad I gave it one more chance today.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is my new favorite topic to hang out in.

Let it never end, GAF.

We will never let it end
until it reaches 400 pages

kidko

Hi friends, been out of the Steam gaf lurker scene for a bit, just catching up etc.

I noticed the Chivalry upset, and am sorry for you guys

but anyway, if I was to check that game out, how necessary is the expansion?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We should have a thread for everything steam so we could all migrate there, I'm going to be sad when the sales end and this thread dies out. Unless there is already one that I don't know of?

There is a general Steam thread that we all move to when the sale ends.

Someone has a GIF about it

Sarcasm

You guys are great at making someone undoubted in regard to buying lol. I was hundred percent buying ys but now... I don't know.

Levyne

Banned
We should have a thread for everything steam so we could all migrate there, I'm going to be sad when the sales end and this thread dies out. Unless there is already one that I don't know of?

There's a steam update thread. I always subscribe but rarely post because it moves so fast at times ... maybe I'll make an effort to be more social in it.

LuuKyK

Look, I love Ys, I own most of them on all platforms they were released, and enjoyed each one of those, but I bought Chronicles earlier this year (since 1 and 2 were the ones I hadn't played yet) and... Ys 1 is just bad. I can't get over how bad the combat is... the limited attack direction is such an awful mechanic gameplay-wise. It completely turned me off right off the start, I couldn't even keep playing. I mean, if you play, say, Ys Seven and then Ys 1... is just such a huge contrast. I am aware that I am comparing games from very different generations, but its in times like this that I am glad video-games evolved, and especially in the Ys case, the developers got rid of the bad aspects of it and kept the good ones (like story and music). Leaving my criticism aside, its heartwarming to see the series selling so well. I am glad it found a home in Steam, and hopefully this encourages XSEED to bring more games to the platform.

If you have multiple monitors I cannot recommend Display Fusion enough.. been using it on my work pcs for years... bought a 4 pack to hand out to co workers (we all have between 2-4 monitors). it fixes everything you could imagine with windows. will hand out any keys once I raffle some off tomorrow if there are any left

jediyoshi

Dethroned!

LLdZmST.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom