• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

If you have multiple monitors I cannot recommend Display Fusion enough.. been using it on my work pcs for years... bought a 4 pack to hand out to co workers (we all have between 2-4 monitors). it fixes everything you could imagine with windows. will hand out any keys once I raffle some off tomorrow if there are any left

But I already fixed all those things with Windows settings and free apps =/

I need to start posting in the Steam thread more after the sale is over, does anyone over there ever organize like play dates or anything? I think that would be really fun.

NotSelf

I recommend everyone try Lilly Looking Through it's $2.49 at the humble store.

A fellow gaf member suggested add something a bit more.

The game starts off slow I tried the demo and found out it was a point and click game not to crazy about them I immediately wanted to uninstall but the beautiful art and sound pulled me in also I got teary eyed during one part of the demo.

rtcn63

I've only played the PSP Y's games, but the amount of level grinding needed was just too much. I'd reach the end of a dungeon, but have to wander and kill for ages before I could take on the boss.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
If you have multiple monitors I cannot recommend Display Fusion enough.. been using it on my work pcs for years... bought a 4 pack to hand out to co workers (we all have between 2-4 monitors). it fixes everything you could imagine with windows. will hand out any keys once I raffle some off tomorrow if there are any left

..I only use one monitor because of Microsoft's 'solutions'. Now the question is do I purchase it now or wait for a possible raffle tomorrow.

I need to start posting in the Steam thread more after the sale is over, does anyone over there ever organize like play dates or anything? I think that would be really fun.

I plan on resorting to that to get the co-op achievements in Star Trek. I can't convince any of my regular friends to even play the game.

Dammit! Dawnguard should be cheaper than 9.99.

Main reason I want it is because a number of combat overhaul mods require it.

Downloading Ys I now. Are these games best played with a controller?

Ys 1? You could probably get away with using a keyboard.
The rest of the series you'll need a decent controller

Croc

Banned
I feel really bad now.

Croc, what game did that Steam key belong to?

Fez. It was a key I had from an old humble bundle that I wasn't sure if was used or not that I was trying to give away, not either of the games that I was having trouble with earlier. I can't even get those keys since I can't connect to Steam on my browser :(

Erekiddo

Fez. It was a key I had from an old humble bundle that I wasn't sure if was used or not that I was trying to give away, not either of the games that I was having trouble with earlier. I can't even get those keys since I can't connect to Steam on my browser :(

Oh, good. I was going to gift you a new copy if it was one you were having issues with..

I'd say contact support.

Sinople

Ys 1&2 are awesome. The battle system is really fun once you get how to fight properly. I was so disappointed when they dropped it in 5 and forward (3 doesn't count).

Zushin

Dammit! Dawnguard should be cheaper than 9.99.

Main reason I want it is because a number of combat overhaul mods require it.

Ys 1? You could probably get away with using a keyboard.
The rest of the series you'll need a decent controller

Thanks. I'll just use a 360 pad from the start I think then :)

Croc

Banned
Oh, good. I was going to gift you a new copy if it was one you were having issues with..

I'd say contact support.

Yeah I just sent in a ticket at everyone's suggestion. I've heard Steam support can be pretty bad so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Both of those games I bought were ones I was really looking forward to playing...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thought it would be fixed to Assassin's Creed 4. All the time.

Haha, I thought about making that joke but I'm almost up to where I was before my save disappeared and, with any luck, will be done with the game in a week or two. By then Liberation HD will be around the corner. ;)

Available: 16 January 2014

This game will unlock in approximately 3 weeks, 1 day and 15 hours

feel

Had about 15-20 Steam friends for years, mostly people I know in real life. Always been pretty happy with the small number of notifications popping but it was boring when for example checking the Activity section because most of them barely do anything but play Dota 2 and/or CSGO, so I went ahead and added over a hundred of you who posted links to your profiles (lots of cool looking profiles btw).

this is me, add me
http://steamcommunity.com/id/acronoslegacy/

ivemadeahugemistake.jpg?

Also, who's in charge of the gaf group? Add me to that please.

zreese

Neo Member
Guys, how do the Classic YDKJ games keep?

Me and my SO love the new Jack, and I loved the old ones, but I won't buy them if in retrospect they're actually crap.

I've been playing through them since grabbing the flash deal... they're good! The pop culture references can seem a little dated, but most of that stuff is just added flavor and not related to the actual questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom