• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Great because its not like the planet already owns Walking Dead.....jeebus its vote for the game you want on sale not your favorite game

It would have lost to The Walking Dead on any console, let alone the PC platform where hardly anyone really wants to pay $20 for a beat-em-up.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
As a Public Service Announcement, I want to mention that you've been able to buy Starbound four packs for 15% off for months now. Comes out to $12.75 per buyer.

Not quite that magic sub-ten, sub-five dollar price point, but there you go.

Pre-Order Starbound

Caerith

It would have lost to The Walking Dead on any console, let alone the PC platform where hardly anyone really wants to pay $20 for a beat-em-up.

Well, with Telltale doing a story-driven adventure game based on Borderlands, we might as well branch out and have Devil May Clementine.

I do, very much so. But is it any good as one of those types of games? I've heard it has a lot of reading, which I'm fine with. And I love me some cyberpunk. I just need to know if it's any fun to play.

To be honest, I've only played it for about 3-4 hours. I'd say it's not AS good as those two games, but still fun and very challenging. It's not as light hearted as those two, it's more serious in tone.

Turfster

Well, my sale is done. Out of money.

the damage:
- Tomb Raider
- Dues Ex
- Max Payne Bundle
- Electronic Super Joy
- FFVII

Sell one of your children.
I think EatChildren might be in the market ;)
(assume you have been giving them a healthy diet and not just junk food!)

Skyrim feels like the greatest thing ever until suddenly it turns into a steaming pile of shit. The point at which that happens varies from person to person

So far, it's been like, a setpiece in one room

going to need a bit more than that.

meanwhile in Sir (sex toggle for Madam), you are being hunted:
(disclaimer: fan fiction-y. No, not that kind.)

In my aristocrat adventures of the dreadful British countryside, I finally managed to find a town unguarded by the blasted robots, found some proper food to keep my stamina up, a map, some delightful leftovers from Christmas, and even a hatchet that might have served as a weapon. Alas, upon making my way to the nearby boat to try and escape my predicament, I must have missed a robot standing behind a rather large tree (the cloak of night having failed me wasn't very convenient either), which saw me and shot me dead at near point blank. I never had a chance. Blasted machines.

Now, the aristocrat start is basically going in commando, so no gun, weapon, and barely even a drink. How, pray tell, is a aristocrat supposed to function without a bloody drink? At least you one bandage. If you can get away from the cursed hound that is. It was so much more fun when I was the one sending the hounds. "Merry Christmas, mi lord"."Young man, I don't like Christmas, and neither do my hounds!" Ah, the look on their faces as they looked back at the hounds nearly upon them... Somewhat ironic now.

/read in overly pretentious voice.

Scared me shitless too, that last robot. BLAM! and dead.

One thing that is strange about this game right now is that you choose you starting package and the world is then generated, which is a somewhat lengthy process. Why not generate the five islands (you move between them by boat, by finding that one without a map is bloody hard) and then allow players to choose their package? I realize they must have a reason for it, but it also means you have to resort to making individual safefiles for each package, if you want to try them all. Fortunately, there are five world to store (at this time), so it's not that big a deal.

Other than that: quite as advertised. :D (as in: worth it)

Voho

I have one more key to give out. Humble bundle gift key, steam redeemed, of Garrys Mod. Agian, happy holidays guys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Garrys Mod -- MB-F4E1A05604595F1D - Taken by adriano999

P.S. My steam friends list is rather barren, if anyone wants to friend me, my steam ID is "thenorthdivide".

Shepard

I played ~100 hours of Skyrim on my old PC, bought it again on my new one but never got to replay it. Just walking through the forests, chilling and hearing to the amazing OST was enough to hook me in. The combat was completely broken though: I was pretty much unbeatable as mage in the endgame.

My steam info is in my gaf profile.

fuVEaBD.gif

ArynCrinn

Banned
Geez, all these lame daily's and flash sales, even the community sales suck and the votes are always retarded anyway.

Need Volgarr the Viking and Kentucky Route Zero to go on sale, they deserve the attention and spotlight, and more people playing and recommending them.

NotSelf

It was great for about 30 hours and then the flaws smacked me over a fence. Once that immersion layer peels off, it becomes apparent that the game is incredibly shallow.

Awe man I'm only 8 hours into haven't even reached the
greybeards
yet.

I'm still gonna continue playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom