• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Guys, how do the Classic YDKJ games keep?

Me and my SO love the new Jack, and I loved the old ones, but I won't buy them if in retrospect they're actually crap.

They're really good. Only problem is some of the pop cultural references.

Also unlike the new YDKJ you can pick a category first rather than being predetermined via episodes.

Caerith

Had about 15-20 Steam friends for years, mostly people I know in real life. Always been pretty happy with the small number of notifications popping but it was boring when for example checking the Activity section because most of them barely do anything but play Dota 2 and/or CSGO, so I went ahead and added over a hundred of you who posted links to your profiles (lots of cool looking profiles btw).

this is me, add me
http://steamcommunity.com/id/acronoslegacy/

ivemadeahugemistake.jpg?

I turned off notifications a long time ago. 359/370 friends now (with 5 pending invites).

Dec

Should I just wait for a series sale?

Oh God's.

Ys I and II Chronicles are great games, but I think as an intro to Ys, Oath in Felghana is probably the best place to start. I would wait for a sale on Oath probably and see if you like it, then pick up Origins and Chronicles later on if you do. If you enjoy Oath as much as I did you will be craving some Origins immediately afterwards, they are pretty similar.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder how long it will take for people to start selling their inventory copies for $100 on there.

It begins. 6 keys, though? Wake me up when people are throwing 15+ around the place.

Why don't you just put your Steam profile page in your GAF profile website?

That's what I do.

gafhpkrs2s.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just played Bit.Trip.Beat for the first time since the WiiWare days, it's just as good as I remember.

Beat level one on the first try, but I didn't really get into the "zone" until the Boss battle.

komorebi

Terraria or Starbound, guys?

Both, imo. I think Starbound is going to end up the better game but its going to be in beta for a while. Its got more freedom and the music is surprisingly good.

Terraria still has its place though. Both are great at what they set out to do. I've been playing Terraria on my Vita but now that I got my new GPU tonight I'm going to jump back in and play it on PC. Not that my old card couldn't handle it but...you know. New GPU.

Alex

Terraria or Starbound, guys?

Starbound is way more enjoyable to me than Terraria, even in it's early beta state. Minecraft and Terraria both bore me personally, but even though it's lacking like the majority of it's actual RPG game structure just building with the ten hojillion items in an AC-esque manner and planet hopping in Starbound has been a lot of fun, for me. (Friends have gotten too into the instrument collection and ABC song editing lately, though, that shit is beyond me.)

Plus the dev seems highly reliable and has been updating like mad, so even the distant goals like ship to ship combat don't seem like a future broken promise unlike these other early access titles.

Infinity

I caved and bought Ys 1 and 2 Chronicles. I already have Origins, but I haven't played it yet. Should I start with 1 and 2 or begin with Origins?

Turfster

A:CM, why do you keep insisting on being a cover shooter when you have no cover mechanic. Also, whoever dragged
Prometheus crap
into the game should be ashamed of him or herself.

So Tiny Thief and Skulls of the Shogun are now free on ios.

I really think this whole ios to steam pricing thing needs a bit of a sit down meeting.

All three of the games in the community choice vote are phenomenal. Can't go wrong this time.

I respectfully disagree. The ONLY right answer here is The Binding of Isaac. :p

So... we add you by visiting JaseC's profile?

Indeed you do!

I want to add Derrick so I can gift him indie games.

Hahaha. Unfortunately Steam added an option to add gifts to inventory now, so you can just re-gift it if you don't want it. There were some games we were going to gift to Uraizen at one point, but by the time they went on sale, the option to deflect the gift via add to inventory then regift had been implemented.

Do you need to be friends with a person to gift them something from their wishlist?

Only if you want to send it through Steam directly, I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom