• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
To be fair, the only game of the 3 I've played and finished would be Condemned -- and I don't recall thinking "Amazeballs, the FPS melee combat in this feels right!". Then again, not much stands out for me when recollecting my experience other than my 360 RROD'ing during my playtime as well as the game screwing me out of 1 or 2 achievements that I definitely should have had.

I have Shadow Warrior and played around with it a little, but I'm not a keyboard/mouse person -- and I haven't gone back to check the game out with a pad yet. Maybe it does do it well.

Condemned felt brutal in a way that a lot of games don't. The violence was all the way violent. Chivalry is much the same way, but a lot more fun. It's a really great dumb multiplayer melee death orgy. I don't do much multiplayer gaming, but I am more than happy I bought it in the Summer sale. Chivalry also has a very good balance of mayhem and control, you really need to learn feints and blocking to do well in the game.

As for Shadow Warrior, I haven't played it much at all. Just a few minutes at a friend's place, probably going to buy it next time a sale comes around. Skyrim is giving me my fill of first person gaming right now. From what I've seen and played though, the katana is fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fucking Ys GET

I also need Braid and a few more xbla titles so I don't have to play games on my 360 anymore ever.

I'm going to put mine up for sale soon. It recently dawned on me that I haven't so much as touched it since Gears 3 released, a game that I didn't even finish.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970422465/

just add me, especially if you like to have some censored german games. Don´t miss out on the joyful side of a bloodless quake 4, where fighting robots which spill out sparks instead of blood. Cutscenes got changed and altered. Fallout 3 without the gibs and blood you ask? no problem. Disappearing zombies in left 4 dead? you are at the right place.

so feel free to add

Gazoinks

That is a pretty perfect representation of Ys.

I want from barely having heard of the franchise to being overwhelmingly obsessed with it after playing through Oath. So. Fucking. Good.

Man, now I want to check it out. Hope these go on sale again post-Xmas.

That is a pretty perfect representation of Ys.

I want from barely having heard of the franchise to being overwhelmingly obsessed with it after playing through Oath. So. Fucking. Good.

I can see how it's an accurate depiction, I walk out into the open world and I started hearing an electric guitar start to play, I see an enemy and run him into the wall and tear him apart. It was exciting and this only the beginning! I have a feeling this will be the best 3$ I spent on steam this year.

feel

Fucking Ys GET

I also need Braid and a few more xbla titles so I don't have to play games on my 360 anymore ever.
I remember the Humble Indie Bundle 5 (Bastion, Braid, Super Meat Boy, Limbo, etc) dropping just days after I made the switch to PC gaming. That shit was AMAZING timing.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So, which should I vote for(not really interested in any of them, though)?

Braid and Binding of Isaac are superb games. Some of the best all time if my vote counted for anything. Binding of Isaac will probably win, so vote for Braid to be a rebel. Or vote for Dear Esther in hopes that other people are casting ironic votes, because if it wins the internet might explode. I've got nothing against it, but some people seriously hate Dear Esther.

I guess I'll choose Brothers and Gone Home over Skyrim. If I really wanted to get Skyrim, why haven't I purchased it by now? Something is holding me back. I'm still going to wait to see if Brothers or Gone home ever get dailies or flash sales.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Guess you're not in the UK/Europe.
There was a big todo about horse meat in the lasagna in the UK a few months back ;)

Yeah I was aware, but this forum has a large America/AusGAF population, so if I'm not sure about nationality I assume they're also part of America/AusGAF.

Other than eating something you didn't expect/veterinary drugs, I never understood the revulsion some people have over it.

Turfster

Yeah I was aware, but this forum has a large America/AusGAF population, so if I'm not sure about nationality I assume they're also part of America/AusGAF.

Other than eating something you didn't expect/veterinary drugs, I never understood the revulsion some people have over it.

British people love horses, but not in the eating way ;)
(Also, there's the whole 'if this was in food, what else did they put in there?' angle, but mainly the horse love)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC Searcha Ronan is now my friend on Steam. My friend list relevance is off the charts now.

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

This is a Steam sale thread, not the normal Steam thread, so you can cross post the entire giveaway if you desire. :)
About 2/3 aren't Steam games so I felt it more appropriate just to post the lot in that other thread.

Steam games up for grabs are:
Bastion
FTL
LIMBO
Dear Esther
Hitman: Blood Money

There's also Mirror's Edge on Origin and a few XBLA games.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm so sorry.

No, really, these Card Mini-Games pale in comparison to the shit Valve would do for the sales of 2-3 years ago.

Yep. That's why anyone from GAF who visits Valve (I may be going to Seattle next year myself) needs to ask their PR reps up front about the possibility of an improved version of coal and the giveaway potentially coming back.

The only way you can really engage the company is face-to-face to be honest.

Braid and Binding of Isaac are superb games. Some of the best all time if my vote counted for anything. Binding of Isaac will probably win, so vote for Braid to be a rebel. Or vote for Dear Esther in hopes that other people are casting ironic votes, because if it wins the internet might explode. I've got nothing against it, but some people seriously hate Dear Esther.

Count me in. I once gave a guy a nice gift on Steam. Nothing extravagant, but something in the $5-$10 range off his wishlist during a seal.

I was repaid with a gift of Dear Esther.
It sat unclaimed in my inventory for over a year, I think. I finally and begrudgingly added it to my account, but it's just a game that pads my total game count at this point. I have no interest in installing it or attempting to "play" it.
By all accounts from my friends that are into that sort of "experience" it's not particularly good, even by those standards and you're better off with something like The Stanley Parable or Gone Home instead.

It looks Zelda-ish, is that a correct assumption? Voted it for it anyway.

In terms of view, definitely -- dungeons are sort of laid out in the classic NES Zelda fashion. Gameplay sort of works like a shmup or run n' gun... everything is randomly generated and you can get random powerups to help you as you progress. Die and you have to start from scratch I think.

I played it a bunch during one of the Christmas sales that had the daily tickets. I wasn't very good and the game made me feel like a noob. I feel like I should go back and try to put a foot up it's ass now that I have a gaming PC. :)

No, going to be $5 on Amazon tomorrow the 25th.

Is there a list of all the good stuff that's going to be discounted on Amazon tomorrow? I'm thinking I need to look for CoJ:Gunslinger and LEGO Marvel, but don't know if anything else amazing will be posted there and don't want to miss out.

--

WTF?! I just donated to the Yogscast thing and come to find out that the Magicka keys are "temporarily exhausted". Who do I need to punch in the neck to get this rectified, I wonder?

It's so weird — and it makes it so difficult to make a decision — how polarizing Skyrim is. A lot of people, my friends included, think it's one of the best games ever. And then there's the people like the ones in this thread who think Skyrim sucks. Like, there's no middle ground either. People either love it or think it's shit.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
The graphics in Portal 2 look really nice with settings maxed.

Does anyone know how to make the console accessible in Portal 2?

Damn the price of Snow Globe card dropped hard. In a few days if the games I still want aren't on sale I'm gonna probably buy the rest I need for another deck. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom