• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so weird — and it makes it so difficult to make a decision — how polarizing Skyrim is. A lot of people, my friends included, think it's one of the best games ever. And then there's the people like the ones in this thread who think Skyrim sucks. Like, there's no middle ground either. People either love it or think it's shit.

If you're tossing up whether to buy it or not, I say go for it at that price. I did. If you like fantasy and rpg, how bad can it really be? If it was as terrible as some people say, it would not have sold so many copies.

It's worth a punt.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
British people love horses, but not in the eating way ;)
(Also, there's the whole 'if this was in food, what else did they put in there?' angle, but mainly the horse love)

When people think of the UK's culinary sophistication, not even the British consider themselves proficient.

At least they have an appropriate appreciation for tea.
About 2/3 aren't Steam games so I felt it more appropriate just to post the lot in that other thread.

Steam games up for grabs are:
Bastion
FTL
LIMBO
Dear Esther
Hitman: Blood Money

There's also Mirror's Edge on Origin and a few XBLA games.

As long as you label them, making a giveaway for Origin, Uplay, etc is generally permissible.

np!

The only item I bought today was the Quantum Conundrum Pack price error that was on Amazon. $1.19 for the base game and DLC's.

Still hoping for a Tom Clancy game to show up in the Steam flash deals.

So, I'm spending Christmas in the middle of nowhere, and all I got is a smartphone with barely any reception. So is there a post here somewhere that summarise the different deals from third party stores like GMG, Amazon etc?

Mogwai

It's so weird — and it makes it so difficult to make a decision — how polarizing Skyrim is. A lot of people, my friends included, think it's one of the best games ever. And then there's the people like the ones in this thread who think Skyrim sucks. Like, there's no middle ground either. People either love it or think it's shit.
But it's SP. And there's the modding community. I don't see what's difficult.

There will always be naysayers for any game

I'm middle ground.

I was repaid with a gift of Dear Esther.
It sat unclaimed in my inventory for over a year, I think. I finally and begrudgingly added it to my account, but it's just a game that pads my total game count at this point. I have no interest in installing it or attempting to "play" it.
Takes less than an hour to finish from start to end. I wasn't thrilled with it, but I didn't hate it either. I think it's something you should at least experience given it's such a small commitment.

Deadbeat

Banned
Its because theres people who like the casual experience, and then theres people who wished the game was designed for a hardcore audience ala morrowind.

Takes less than an hour to finish from start to end. I wasn't thrilled with it, but I didn't hate it either. I think it's something you should at least experience given it's such a small commitment.

Oh, I know. But I'm sure I will get absolutely nothing out of it. I'd rather play an hour of something I like such as Spelunky/Rogue Legacy or put it into a new game I haven't finished yet, like Metro: 2033, Bioshock: Infinite, etc. :p

--

Incoming charitable giveaway...

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It looks Zelda-ish, is that a correct assumption? Voted it for it anyway.

Smash TV in a Zelda wrapper with roguelike influences.

Also it's made and drawn by somebody with a shitty childhood who has an adorable art style. That game is weird. Also great.

edit:

Wow. Stupidest. Boss. Fight. Ever.
Also managed to ruin
the majesty of the queen
Well done, Gearbox.

Didn't realize you were playing Aliens, I just assumed that you played Borderlands based on the first line and Gearbox. I'll never play it so I don't mind, but it's nice to know they have their own style.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
faces8s3r.png

woah

Turfster

Finished A:CM.
Wow. Stupidest. Boss. Fight. Ever.
Also managed to ruin
the majesty of the queen
Well done, Gearbox.

Didn't realize you were playing Aliens, I just assumed that you played Borderlands based on the first line and Gearbox. I'll never play it so I don't mind, but it's nice to know they have their own style.

Yeah, sorry about that.
I edited it, didn't think it was time for the European day shift to join ;)

Smash TV in a Zelda wrapper with roguelike influences.

Also it's made and drawn by somebody with a shitty childhood who has an adorable art style. That game is weird. Also great.

It's hard as balls, but yes, this is a good description. You're doing good work in this thread, Ser.

--

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Torchlight -- MB-2206362E1F51350B - Taken by steveovig. 1 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-F99C83F423C9323B - Taken by Reg. 2 entrants total.
Awesomenauts -- MB-48CAA3E16E95CE34 - Taken by Luap. 3 entrants total.
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed -- MB-5ED8471A5994A0EB - Taken by Casimir. 7 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-C21D7FE6ABEB6AA4 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-24D8B04DAC43FEA6 - Taken by TUSR. 2 entrants total.

t1387868736z1.png

Big-E

The graphics in Portal 2 look really nice with settings maxed.

Does anyone know how to make the console accessible in Portal 2?

Not entirely sure but for most valve games its the tilde key. In order for that to work you usually have to go into the settings and click the enable console option.

68? Man I feel so unloved. I only got 30 or so friend requests during the earlier friendship request hullabaloo. I shall never know the power or red name friendship draw power. :(

Maybe if my name were Ashcatchemandnotletgo, I would have a better shot...On second thought, that name could be detrimental.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hello I have 0 friends and would love to be part of gaf group or whatever is available, I only have 3 games atm but just made a profile a few days ago.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bunbun777

Only friends and invites now.

Already friends :)

While we're adding...

I like to play games like Titan Quest (Diablo style games), and sometimes FPS, and plenty of other genre if anyone wants to add.
Further, would love invite to the gaf group.

Thanks!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970308085/

As an added bonus, you just might get free snowglobes from me! :) I've already given away 4 to different GAFers.

Request and Invite has been sent!

If you're tossing up whether to buy it or not, I say go for it at that price. I did. If you like fantasy and rpg, how bad can it really be? If it was as terrible as some people say, it would not have sold so many copies.

It's worth a punt.

But it's SP. And there's the modding community. I don't see what's difficult.

There will always be naysayers for any game

I'm middle ground.

Its because theres people who like the casual experience, and then theres people who wished the game was designed for a hardcore audience ala morrowind.

Hmm, well I am a pretty casual gamer so that might have answered my question. Is this as cheap as it's gonna get? If so, I'll probably buy it. Especially since I skipped The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age Origins, but I still have an itch to buy a WRPG.

68? Man I feel so unloved. I only got 30 or so friend requests during the earlier friendship request hullabaloo. I shall never know the power or red name friendship draw power. :(

Maybe if my name were Ashcatchemandnotletgo, I would have a better shot...On second thought, that name could be detrimental.

I got like 6 and an invite to the SteamGAF group... :p

To be fair, I don't think I saw yours... I was using my phone while doing cardio at the gym and happened to add about 10 of you folks... and then I got busy and didn't comb through the extra posts when I got home.

Orca

Bought CS:GO and can't get it to run. Keeps dropping with a CSGO.exe has stopped working error. Updated every driver, verified files, etc... Same thing every time.

Actually to clarify it will run. I can sit on the menu all day long and nothing happens. I can get into the game selection menu even, but it crashes when I try to start a game - either against people or bots, doesn't matter.

Mogwai

Hmm, well I am a pretty casual gamer so that might have answered my question. Is this as cheap as it's gonna get? If so, I'll probably buy it. Especially since I skipped The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age Origins, but I still have an itch to buy a WRPG.
Get it. It's better than both Witcher 2 and Origins in terms of exploration. Skyrim doesn't have an excessive amount of invisible walls ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom