• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

More Aliens Colonial Marines.
Oh god, I didn't know there would be another boss stage... that bugged on me.
Managed to unbug it after an intense staring content with the queen, standing right in front of her and setting her on fire and stuff.

Still, I did it. I finished Aliens: Colonial Marines.
Now I'm going to fall into bed and have horrible nightmares.

kevin1025

Banned
Started the day with 38 friends. Ending the day with 112. Good day, I say. Now everyone can judge how slow I am at finishing things!

...or not completing things...one day...

So I'm not sure if this kind of contest is allowed, so I'll do a normal give away if it doesn't work...

But I have a spare copy of

gamelogo.png

because the friend I bought it for already got it for himself, I was just waiting for Christmas to give it away.

ANYWAY, what I would like to do is see if anyone can guess where my Avatar is from. Here is the original;

fAICxPp.jpg

Either quote this and reply with your answer or send me a PM. First person to get it wins.

If no one guesses it by Christmas or this 'contest,' isn't GAF legal, I'll do a modbot give away like a normal person.

Cheers.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
What happens to unclaimed games from a lightning raffle?
Should I just relist the ones that weren't taken?

No problem -- enjoy!

Unclaimed games are automatically distributed on a first come basis by Modbot. So just link/make a reminder than there are unclaimed games in a raffle that readers were unaware of. Alternatively, you can resend the codes to Modbot if you want to create another lightning raffle.

------

Thanks for Sonic Racing, corrosivefrost!

feel

Bought CS:GO and can't get it to run. Keeps dropping with a CSGO.exe has stopped working error. Updated every driver, verified files, etc... Same thing every time.

Actually to clarify it will run. I can sit on the menu all day long and nothing happens. I can get into the game selection menu even, but it crashes when I try to start a game - either against people or bots, doesn't matter.
Have you verified integrity of the game cache? One of the files could be corrupt.

So I'm not sure if this kind of contest is allowed, so I'll do a normal give away if it doesn't work...

because the friend I bought it for already got it for himself, I was just waiting for Christmas to give it away.

ANYWAY, what I would like to do is see if anyone can guess where my Avatar is from. Here is the original;

fAICxPp.jpg

Either quote this and reply with your answer or send me a PM. First person to get it wins.

If no one guesses it by Christmas or this 'contest,' isn't GAF legal, I'll do a modbot give away like a normal person.

Cheers.

Harlock?

So played some Rogue Legacy. It's fun and challenging and has a lot of depth, but part of me wishes I had gotten Super House of Dead Ninjas instead

Idk, maybe I just need to adjust, or it's my computer, but RL's jumping and attacking feel kind of sluggishly and slow compared to SHDH's lightning fast pace or other roguelike platformers in general. But the whole legacy idea and the variety of rooms and enemies has been great

Eusis

Someone explain Ys to me
- Run into things.

- Make them explode into a mess of body parts and gore.

Most of the games are kind of Zelda-esque, except they're more proper action RPGs (especially the not-on-Steam Ys Seven and Ys Memories of Celceta), with I, II, and IV (in its two initial releases) using a combat system that depends on ramming into enemies, while the rest of the games incorporated an actual attack button and riffed on the gameplay in somewhat different ways. Still, Ys III aside they're interconnected worlds, though Origin's more of a dungeon crawler since it all takes place in one large tower.

Sarcasm

Why can't I use my steam wallet or paypal to buy? I have been fine for awhile but now its talking about my location. How do I do this?

**A lot of tinkering..I got it done. Ys is mine! (And display fusion).

I picked up Prey for Steam from Amazon a few days ago thanks to Grief.exe's advice. I haven't played it since it launched back in '06(?). The game is fantastic. It looks great, story is still really cool, and am just loving the mechanics. It's Portal before Portal was Portal and called Narbacular Drop. It's a great game, shame that Steam only hosts the files and no longer sells them for Bethesda. It's a great game.

The first hour of the game is some of the best Sci-Fi I've experienced in any medium across the board. If any of you have the capability to pick it up, you should. It was $10 on Amazon I believe. They ship you the physical copy of the game that you can redeem on Steam to have as a digital download, and as far as I'm aware that is the only way you can get it for Steam.

fAICxPp.jpg

Cheers.

Goddamn you've stumped me. I reverse Google image searched it and nothing. I found your Google+ profile and looked at the properties of that pic, and it's named "latgatar.jpg". So I Googled "latgatar" and got nothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Goddamn you've stumped me. I reverse Google image searched it and nothing. I found your Google+ profile and looked at the properties of that pic, and it's named "latgatar.jpg". So I Googled "latgatar" and got nothing.

To be fair, I can't even find my original source image anymore. Also latgatar was also a jumble of letters I got while trying to type avatar.

But I do have a certain thing in mind. As an added hint, it is a manga / anime / what not. I would hope that he's still recognizable but maybe I'm wrong.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-B2907FF1F947EC1E - Taken by Intheflorsh

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-B2907FF1F947EC1E - Taken by Intheflorsh

I want to guess Bad Rats, LOL.

Baust

fAICxPp.jpg

Cheers.
Is it Black Jack?

Echoplx

To be fair, I can't even find my original source image anymore. Also latgatar was also a jumble of letters I got while trying to type avatar.

But I do have a certain thing in mind. As an added hint, it is a manga / anime / what not. I would hope that he's still recognizable but maybe I'm wrong.

Skull Man? (Lol)

Speaking of Prey, it's a little cheaper on Amazon UK.

Whomever can buy it for this price, should. It's a great shooter.
splain pls
It's a fair criticism I'd say. I can't speak for Native American culture, but it tends to venture into what you'd stereotype "Indians" to be like, if you had no idea about their culture. Regardless of that, it's still a fantastic Sci-Fi Shooter.
I started a Twitch Stream, I'm about 3 hours in or so. Dicks will be blown off.

splain pls
Stereotyping mysticism and it's use in the creation stories and mythologies of Native American Cultures.

It's a fair criticism I'd say. I can't speak for Native American culture, but it tends to venture into what you'd stereotype "Indians" to be like, if you had no idea about their culture. Regardless of that, it's still a fantastic Sci-Fi Shooter.

This.
I minored in Anthropology in Uni so I am easily irked by this kinda stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom