• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Salsa-ass Shark.

t1S6F60.gif

thank you

Articalys

It's only the first day and I'm already starting to lose track of who's offering which games for sale and when.

Competition is great but also incredibly confusing.

I'm guessing that doesn't include any DLC, right?

Not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure that it's just the base game.

So snow globe cards are trading for like .60 cents now. And you get one for every third community choice deal that you vote for. There are 16 days in the sale and three votes per day. So you'll get like $8 or so from Valve just from following along with the sale each day. That's crazyness, especially since $8 buys you a AAA game released this year during the sale.

Prophane33

This is going to be "the great DLC sale" for me. I think I picked up just about everything I wanted during the Spring/Fall sale. Though, if Pacman Chamionship DX+ goes on sale....ooh much buying will be happening.

Annubis

So snow globe cards are trading for like .60 cents now. And you get one for every third community choice deal that you vote for. There are 16 days in the sale and three votes per day. So you'll get like $8 or so from Valve just from following along with the sale each day. That's crazyness, especially since $8 buys you a AAA game released this year during the sale.

And this is how you create value and stimulate the economy.

GO GO GO!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (unknownstranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Batman: Arkham City GotY -- MB-2C88C448941F531C - Taken by MissFatality. 7 entrants total.
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin -- MB-7EE2C512956D6B11 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 3 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-25EBDE4DB597518D - Taken by BennyBlanco. 19 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GotY -- MB-F2AC735CAE3BD4C8 - Taken by Dmax3901. 4 entrants total.
Gotham City Imposters: Professional Kit -- MB-7AFC21D2AD2BF710 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-77FC9D86E872512D
F.E.A.R -- MB-E6C0C03E027F9BDE - Taken by neoism. 6 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-2B7FC35218BD25C6 - Taken by -Deimos. 9 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-BFEEA2ABDE29C3F3 - Taken by Buraindo
Guardians of Middle-earth -- MB-F7FF8739C819CC02 - Taken by Out_Of_Ammo. 2 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-D00BA28DCF5C2AA0 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.
F.E.A.R 3 -- MB-C73F740542AE7179 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-0922801B991FF579 - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.

t1387504219z1.png

GaussTek

Salsa

#downwithraffles

we need to encourage lack of sleep here

great giveaway tho unknownstranger. already own what Id want out of there

Hey guys, Bioshock Triple Pack is actually $11.40 here in South America. I think they are the ROW versions though (not sure if that makes any difference).

If somebody needs help buying them, send me a PM. I'll be online for a few hours.

Articalys

You should use Enhanced Steam if you are on Chrome or Firefox, it tells you in which site a game is cheaper:

FF link here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/ (be sure to grab the latest version that works with the Winter Sale)
Oh, I'm already using that extension, and it's great, but it still doesn't help having to cross-check if a game that's a flash deal on Steam is going to be cheaper in five days on Amazon, or something.

Like I said, things get crazy, but it's all good for the consumer in the end.

You'll be back for the DLCs.

MOUHAHAHA!

Probably once Civilization VI and XCOM: Enemy Whatever become available.
I don't play games very often, in fact, I have like 1 hour on both COD Ghosts and AC IV and I have those games from day 1. However, I have a serious addiction to games like Civ, XCOM and FF Tactics. I can invest thousands of hours on those franchise.

See you never, guys :D

Someone asked, but I didn't see an answer, so:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut. Has the 50% discount for people who already own the original game been abrogated? I was hoping it would "stack" with the sale discounts.

Grief.exe

Probably once Civilization VI and XCOM: Enemy Whatever become available.
I don't play games very often, in fact, I have like 1 hour on both COD Ghosts and AC IV and I have those games from day 1. However, I have a serious addiction to games like Civ, XCOM and FF Tactics. I can invest thousands of hours on those franchise.

See you never, guys :D

To be fair, the latter games you mentioned are orders of magnitude better than the former games you mentioned.

Really not much of an insight into your play styles at that point. Just means that you have good taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom