• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going by what I've heard.

Over and over and over again. I'm glad not everyone experienced the problems.

Oh, it was a fucking horror show.
I platinumed it before they got all their shit straightened out properly.
It was bad -- one of the worst ports I've ever seen.

Whats the chance of a Dragonborn DLC daily/flash sale? I want it, but the Skyrim Legendary Edition is cheaper then just the DLC at the moment :/

Buy the Legendary Edition at the discount if you can get it. It's what I did last sale.
Legendary Edition was $16 through a re-seller. Cheapest I've seen for all DLC, so even though I owned the game already, I just bought the legendary to get the DLC for the lowest price.

--

Borderlands 2 GOTY on Amazon for $12:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CPBZDQ8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Deregulation amirite?
A few blocks away, people are enjoying Verizon fiber.
:(

30 miles north of me has FiOS.
30 miles south of me has FiOS.
But do they connect them so I can hop on the 2 year agreement train? Nope.
From what I heard Verizon made some backroom type deals with the cable companies to license their FCC frequencies for Verizon Wireless and as part of the agreement (to not get gouged on pricing) they agreed to stop actively expanding FiOS.
Damn shame too... I'd sign up for 2 years if it would lock everything in at $90 a month or whatever. My TWC bill for Internet and cable is over $150 a month at this point and it's nothing special either (save for one of the sports packages and an HD DVR).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Urrg. Shipping and currency conversion kind of kill it. Not sure it's worth more than $10.

Just have a UK GAFer to buy the game and PM you the key -- you yourself have no need for the box, after all. £2.15 for the game + £1.70 for shipping within the UK = ~USD$6.30.

...why the fuck I want to play Skyrim again on PC?

I mean, I platinumed the damn thing in PS3.

Mod it up with Requiem and Frostfall and experience Dark Souls level of masochism and immersion. Plus the many many combat mods that fix some of the very basic fundamental problems of the Skyrim Vanilla.

Skyrim Gems is a good place to start. It has some of the best mods you could want.

Sajjaja

fuuu... Downloaded Witcher 2 all night and steam has run out of keys so I can't play it... Would have been nice to know this before I downloaded it. -.-

Lol. Go download a GOG version from somewhere and then redeem your Witcher 2 key on GOG when Steam gets it.

Or just play Dark Souls.

Rrriiight. Not discrediting Dark Souls at all. But when you can mod Skyrim to almost similar levels of combat as DS(admittedly not as good) with the levels of immersion that Frostall and Requiem provide, it's a fantastic experience. Or are you saying that DS is the only action-rpg anyone should play? I just don't understand your shit response.

AlexBasch

Mod it up with Requiem and Frostfall and experience Dark Souls level of masochism and immersion. Plus the many many combat mods that fix some of the very basic fundamental problems of the Skyrim Vanilla.

Skyrim Gems is a good place to start. It has some of the best mods you could want.
Oh, interesting, I always got lost and angry at the whole mods thing on New Vegas aside from a few things, but this looks good.
Or just play Dark Souls.
Being an archer isn't fun on Dark Souls, same as swinging swords isn't fun on Skyrim.

I love Dark Souls, but being fucking Hawkeye and sniping dragons was fun. <3

Wow! I actually won! Thank you so much!

Enjoy the hell outta The Witcher 2 mate. I'm playing it right now (on the 3rd act) and it is AMAZING.
Listen to this man. TW2 is one of the most immersive, politcal and adult action-rpgs you'll probably ever play. It's even better if you play it a second time and make different choices and see how they play out.

Oh, interesting, I always got lost and angry at the whole mods thing on New Vegas aside from a few things, but this looks good.

Being an archer isn't fun on Dark Souls, same as swinging swords isn't fun on Skyrim.

I love Dark Souls, but being fucking Hawkeye and sniping dragons was fun.
<3

Wow, you especially should play with Requiem (Frostfall is just gravy on the cake) if you main archery. It makes it so that every shout counts and is very stressful, yet rewarding. I share very similiar feelings with you it seems when it comes to archery in Skyrim and Requiem made it much more tense and exciting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reading the thread at work I realize more and more that:

A) I have no standards since aparently I seem to like all the games everyone hates now (yes I liked Skyrim, quite a bit in fact, and I liked Infinite, and I liked Tomb Raider...hell I liked Hitman Absolution!)

B) I'm pretty ok with that :p

I'm pretty much the Anti-Derrick it seems, I like everything. I dont think either of us is particulary wrong either ^_^

Caerith

Rrriiight. Not discrediting Dark Souls at all. But when you can mod Skyrim to almost similar levels of combat as DS(admittedly not as good) with the levels of immersion that Frostall and Requiem provide, it's a fantastic experience. Or are you saying that DS is the only action-rpg anyone should play? I just don't understand your shit response.
What I mean is if you're modding Skyrim to be like Dark Souls, why not just play what you're trying to make it like?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I love spending 20 minutes trying to figure out the first step in a puzzle in Portal 2 and then resurveying the room and realizing I didn't see a little ledge that actually made the puzzle possible.

deroli

So I expected to wake today and buy Brothers as the Community Choice game. But no, fucking Chivalry won ugh. Christmas Eve already busted :mad:

reading the thread at work I realize more and more that:

A) I have no standards since aparently I seem to like all the games everyone hates now (yes I liked Skyrim, quite a bit in fact, and I liked Infinite, and I liked Tomb Raider...hell I liked Hitman Absolution!)

B) I'm pretty ok with that :p

I'm pretty much the Anti-Derrick it seems, I like everything. I dont think either of us is particulary wrong either ^_^

I'm the same. I notice when I put myself in a certain mind-set when playing a game I tend to get engrossed in it and tend to love it.

Milamber

I don't even accept friend requests until I know who they are. Or accept them and ask and if they don't tell me then they are removed.

Divius

I love spending 20 minutes trying to figure out the first step in a puzzle in Portal 2 and then resurveying the room and realizing I didn't see a little ledge that actually made the puzzle possible.

Make sure to do the co-op with a friend as well! Lots of fun trying to figure out the solution together, and then getting the teamwork and timing right.

UrbanRats

Waking up to see that Brothers had lost to fucking Chivalry was like waking up and stepping on a giant horse turd at the side of your bed, only to then stumble into an active volcano, where your nightstand was supposed to be.

Goddamn unbelievable, i have zero faith in PC gamers now.

cripterion

Damage so far :
Wolf among us
Walking dead + DLC
Metro last light DLC
Metal gear solid revengeance
Payday 2
Far cry 3
Shadow warrior
Sleeping dogs + DLC

Sure I won't play most or them but what the heck.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I have 4 normal cards and 1 foil that I can't sell until Dec 26th cause I did a password reset. :(

The prices will have plummeted even more by then :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder if I'll enjoy Gone Home. Of the other 2...non-games as some call them, I loved Stanley Parable but hated Dear Esther (hey I guess I dont like everything :p ). I'll definately pick it up if its 75% like some weeks ago, but not sure what to expect

KarmaCow

Waking up to see that Brothers had lost to fucking Chivalry was like waking up and stepping on a giant horse turd at the side of your bed, only to then stumble into an active volcano, where your nightstand was supposed to be.

It wouldn't be a Steam sale without someone losing their faith in PC gamers due to the community vote.

What I mean is if you're modding Skyrim to be like Dark Souls, why not just play what you're trying to make it like?

Mostly as they are two games, with completely different styles of play. In the sense that Skyrim has this huge open world that you can Role-Play in and have as little or as much influence on the world as you want. Dark Souls, while you could say shares some of the same traits, just feels and plays quite differently. They are each great for very different reasons. Skyrim for this expansive country that feels like this ice-ridden rough and hardy place with a decent over-all main quest that you can tackle 30 hours after you have even started the game, and DS for it's fantastic art direction and gameplay mechanics with a more linear structure but tough as nails gameplay.

Both are great, and if a mod can give you some of the better parts of a different game and still let you enjoy the original game at the same time I say, "why not" No need to trivialize either one.

Anteater

Hey I voted for brothers, I'm still cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom