• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Is there a way to see ignored friend requests again? Last night I got a bunch of requests, was on mobile and clicked ignore on one of them by mistake :s If you read this, please send a request again if you see I didn't accept

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ys I and II.

I don't know, I've always wanted to get into the series but are these the best starting points?

not really, they are very dated compared to any semi-modern action rpg. Oath in Felghana or Origins are much more tradional and better starting points in my opinion. I & II (which I just bought myself) fall more in a "lets see where this awesome series started" category, more of a curiosity if anything (at least for me).

Hell you dont even attack, you literally run / bump into enemies to damage dmg them :p

not really, they are very dated compared to any semi-modern action rpg. Oath in Felghana or Origins are much more tradional and better starting points in my opinion. I & II (which I just bought myself) fall more in a "lets see where this awesome series started" category, more of a curiosity if anything (at least for me).

Hell you dont even attack, you literally run / bump into enemies to damage dmg them :p

Got it, thanks for the opinion.

Benedict

What's this Steamgroup everybody talks about.

Would love to join it, if I'm not already a member...

Another Steam-moment for me today: Excited seeing Ys 1+2 being on flash sale. Realizing moments later that I already own them.

Waking up to see that Brothers had lost to fucking Chivalry was like waking up and stepping on a giant horse turd at the side of your bed, only to then stumble into an active volcano, where your nightstand was supposed to be.

Goddamn unbelievable, i have zero faith in PC gamers now.

Chivalry is a great MP game, if that's not your thing though, I could understand your dissapointment, BUT, it has some of the best(if not the best) first person melee focused combat you'll probably every play in a game. That said, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is $6.00 on Amazon. It was $5.00 earlier in the week, but even at $6.00 it seems like a good deal.

It's only 3 by me but fuckit, hit me with some joe.

2321 Here. (11:21 p.m. for those that don't use a 24 hour clock.)

L3E2

What's the general consensus on Ys I & II Chronicles+?

I'm looking for something different to play, I haven't touched any of these styled games in years and looking to get back into it. It's only on sale for 40 more minutes and looking for any reason to buy it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Chivalry is a great MP game, if that's not your thing though, I could understand your dissapointment, BUT, it has some of the best(if not the best) first person melee focused combat you'll probably every play in a game. That said, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is $6.00 on Amazon. It was $5.00 earlier in the week, but even at $6.00 it seems like a good deal.

I would bet good money that Brothers will get a daily or at least a flash deal anyway. People need to chill and realise we are on day 5 (of 11 not counting the last encore day) so not even halfway done :)

So everyone should buy Awesomenauts right now, seriously awesome stuff

Also, I am staying up until 4AM to see the new Flash Sales, Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

I would bet good money that Brothers will get a daily or at least a flash deal anyway. People need to chill and realise we are on day 5 (of 11 not counting the last encore day) so not even halfway done :)

keep-calm-because-it-s-now-or-never.png

Knurek

dont get me wrong, Im not trashing the games (like I said I just bought them lol) but I dont think they are the best starting point.

They are pretty amazing for something that was originally released in 1987. Lovely music as well.
Origins is the better starting point, true.

I wonder if I'll enjoy Gone Home. Of the other 2...non-games as some call them, I loved Stanley Parable but hated Dear Esther (hey I guess I dont like everything :p ). I'll definately pick it up if its 75% like some weeks ago, but not sure what to expect

If you like good narratives then this game will satisfy. It's not as bad as Dear Esther from what I've gathered.

The_Monk

Morning Monk.

I'm up for a cappucino. ;)

8wgf2Y2.gif

It's only 3 by me but fuckit, hit me with some joe.

5Xsd2X2.gif

Wake and see that Brothers didn't win. Chivalry, already on sale, did.

Steam is great. Community are idiots.

It's a shame but it's no news, to be honest. After some Sales it has been really predictable and it will be always something like this:

The cheaper game or the most known game always win. It does not matter if it's been on sale or not, the bigger discount, the more people vote in. Action games tend to win even if they were on sale several times, less known indies get less votes even when they are good ones and so on. a game like The Walking Dead will always win for example, this Sale was no different.

Divius

Anyone ever have problems launching games in steam? Sometimes when I launch Dark Souls it hangs on the 'Preparing to launch' window for a few minutes (!). Then again, sometimes it launches instantly so it's quite weird.

Seanspeed

Banned
[It's a shame but it's no news, to be honest. After some Sales it has been really predictable and it will be always something like this:

The cheaper game or the most known game always win. It does not matter if it's been on sale or not, the bigger discount, the more people vote in. Action games tend to win even if they were on sale several times, less known indies get less votes even when they are good ones and so on. a game like The Walking Dead will always win for example, this Sale was no different.
Its not surprising and that's the problem! haha

I'll still buy it somewhere soon because I really do want it, its just a bit annoying.

XeroSauce

Mod it up with Requiem and Frostfall and experience Dark Souls level of masochism and immersion. Plus the many many combat mods that fix some of the very basic fundamental problems of the Skyrim Vanilla.

Skyrim Gems is a good place to start. It has some of the best mods you could want.

Wow, this is amazing. I just picked up Legendary and having never beat the vanilla game, I'm really looking forward to going back to it with mods + DLC.

pahamrick

ModBot said:
Instructions for pahamrick:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sequence -- MB-792DCDB7E8C39068 - Taken by Tolerance. 2 entrants total.

t1387878276z1.png

Small giveaway, but it has the bonus of being one of my favorite gaffer made games.

The_Monk

Its not surprising and that's the problem! haha

I'll still buy it somewhere soon because I really do want it, its just a bit annoying.

Well Braid just won and it was the most expensive one just now! Haha, but these are really low prices for games that has been in several bundles before, so it's an exception.

Either way I hope you can find your most wanted deals in this sale, there's always a chance if not in the Encore day.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Wait..where's $9.99??? WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I left out the 1 in the price. Fixed it.

Wow, this is amazing. I just picked up Legendary and having never beat the vanilla game, I'm really looking forward to going back to it with mods + DLC.

I bought it recently and was looking into some mods. Looked a bit too far...

They have bestiality mods out there, among others.

My eyes. My soul!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom