• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Have all of those already

If you gonna make it, I'll buy, I promise! (><)

Have on PS3, and played original, but it's good suggestion. I'll think about it
Throwing my horror suggestions of things that are fairly certain not to go on further on sale like Call of Cthulhu or Cold Fear or Knock Knock.

I sincerely do not give a shit. They took my money and I have nothing in return for it. That's so unacceptable that I have trouble believing this is allowed. It should've just denied the sale with an explanation.

You could ask for a refund and they'll probably give you $5.00 gift card for the trouble.

Arthea

I don't see Gothic 1 or Gothic 2 on your list. Great RPGs, much better than anything Piranha Bytes did afterwards and among the finest RPGs of all time. The second game also has an amazing add-on, Night of the Raven. Anyone that has an interest in RPGs should've tried out those two.

I've heard bad things about the English dub though, but the original German one is fantastic.

Have them, not on steam though, so, it's a possibility

Binary Domain or Knock Knock

Not sure about BD, looking into Knock Knock now

kudoboi

nothing interesting again. still waiting for star wars( the ones that didn't go on flash/ daily) and x rebirth to get a bigger discount

holysan

3,99$ for the whole Legacy of Kain collection sounds good.

I know that this is a relatively popular series here. But how are the games for newcomers, still enjoyable or better avoid?

I've been bankrupted between a Wii U, Christmas food shopping and adopting two stray kitties (ball chopping and vaccinations can be quite expensive apparently - who knew!), so my steam spend isn't anywhere near as decadent as it was last year. Still, I have points on my GAME card valued around £15, so will pick up a £20 Steam voucher. So far my spend as has been quite humble; Fez, Final Fantasy VII and Brutal Legend - coming in at about £6. I might bite on Tomb Raider, though at 80% off.

Have I missed a good deal on Brothers? not paid much attention to the sales. Pretty much dipping my toes in right now. Just when I thought I was out.....they discount Brutal Legend at 90%

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Steamworld Dig looks cool, but 25% ain't much.
Any impressions?
I already got Gnomoria but it must still be voted for. The game is like an easier GUI version of Dwarf Fortress.
Done. :)

Milamber

Nothing for me from this lot. voted mirror moon.

wpRgvPY.gif

Carm

The consensus seems to be that it is really good...but short, which is why I'm not biting.

One playthrough took me 8 hours according to Steam. You can speed run it though, there is even an acheivement for that.

As for it only being 25%, the game released on December 5th, that's a good enough discount for that short a time span from release.

More importantly it was damn fun.

I've been bankrupted between a Wii U, Christmas food shopping and adopting two stray kitties (ball chopping and vaccinations can be quite expensive apparently - who knew!), so my steam spend isn't anywhere near as decadent as it was last year. Still, I have points on my GAME card valued around £15, so will pick up a £20 Steam voucher. So far my spend as has been quite humble; Fez, Final Fantasy VII and Brutal Legend - coming in at about £6. I might bite on Tomb Raider, though at 80% off.

Have I missed a good deal on Brothers? not paid much attention to the sales. Pretty much dipping my toes in right now. Just when I thought I was out.....they discount Brutal Legend at 90%

Brothers is on Amazon for $6.00 or most likely your local currency.

kurahador

Voted Mirrormoon EP, but Gnomoria is the one to end up winning isn't it?

Ppl really a hard on for Minecraft-y games these days, I don't get it.

So those that haven't seen the sale you've wanted or missed it. What games are you looking for?

Just Cause 2 Pack (Just Cause 2 + all DLC except for Black Market stuff) for $5 on Amazon.

Is there anything that tracks how much you spent on games compared to the cheapest they've been to see how much extra you spent? I paid $10 for Just Cause 2 last year. Not that it wasn't worth it, I'm just curious.

I spent more time playing JC2 with the Superman mod than any sane person should. So much fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq96E5ERvHg

Anybody have that list of sales on Amazon? I know that the 24th to the 26th was supposed to have some really good ones.

I just bought Tomb Raider for &#8364;3,75 ($5). Can't go wrong with that. Probably my last purchase, too, unless I get enough card money to buy something good.

And now I'm off to study and prepare for Christmas. Enjoy the festivities, SteamGAF!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weird how Outlast was $6 on Steam during the Fall Sale

It was $6.79 then, too.

Edit: Unless you're saying it's weird how it was 66% off for the entire sale while with this sale it's 66% off only as a featured discount. I'd chalk that down to Outlast not being selected as a Daily, though, whereas this time it was included in the mix of featured deals Valve planned.

Steamworld Dig looks cool, but 25% ain't much.
Any impressions?

Done. :)

I bought this when it first came out on steam. Here is what I had to say about it then...

Man, SteamWorld Dig is really good! I've only been able to spend a couple of hours with it so far but I am not regretting my purchase in the slightest. There seems to be so much to do...digging down in the depths, finding loots, upgrading, exploring, solving shit. The art style and presentation are top notch. I'm really looking forward to seeing what else the game has in store for me! Check it out my fellow gaffers! Add it to your ever growing list of games! Actually play it?! At the very least add it to your wishlist...

I have since spent a good bit more time with it and I still find it to be entertaining. I put it in my top 5 steam games of 2013 vote. Get it if you think you'll play it before the next sale, otherwise wait.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Voted for the Doorways.

I want Darkout, but 8,03&#8364; seems too much.
What's so good about Outlast?

If you like jump scares with good atmosphere that's the strong part of the game. The writing in comparison to Amnesia its weak though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom