• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Yeah, leaning towards it; 66% is good enough for me. Not played a really good survival horror in ages. In fact, probably not truly enjoyed one since Silent Hill 3. I've got the first Amnesia game, which I haven't got round to playing, but Outlast does look like it will scratch that itch. Also, I'm in the camp that loves the shorter 5-7 games these days. It's an age thing, I think.

The last one I remember playing and enjoying, was Condemned. And I'm hoping it is on the short side as well. I only have a week plus before school starts again.

BPoole

It was $6.79 then, too.

Edit: Unless you're saying it's weird how it was 66% off for the entire sale while with this sale it's 66% off only as a featured discount. I'd chalk that down to Outlast not being selected as a Daily, though, whereas this time it was included in the mix of featured deals Valve planned.
When this flash sale first went up the price was $11, but has since changed back to $6.79. I guess it was just a bug when the new games switched into the flash sale

While most horror games tend to run out of steam for me towards the end because you know what to expect for the most part, so it becomses a routine, this never happened during Outlast. It was a very tense experience for me from start to finish and I highly recommend it. A lot of memorable moments and a great setting too.

Spare gift of Frozen Synapse

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Frozen Synapse -- MB-F723B87BD4F42961 - Taken by Camel Master

kurahador

header_292x136.jpg

dude's arms look like boobs

I thought it was boobs all this time.

Has Spelunky been reduced in past sales and if so, what's the best deal it's went for? I was only introduced to out lord and savior Spelunky a month ago, when I bought it for the PS3/Vita. But I wouldn't say no to having it on the PC too, or anything that'll play it, to be honest.

Also. What other games similar to Spelunky should I keep my eye on?
I think it was $3.75 recently, I bought it for about that.

As for similar games? Rogue Legacy maybe? I don't have it, so unsure. For some reason it reminds me of Boulder Dash (mostly aesthetically) but good luck finding that nowadays.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tomb Raider is now 5 bucks on Amazon. Fuck. I don't want to double dip since I know I won't play it again, but for 5 bucks it's close to impulse buy.

Well I couldn't do it GAF. I've been idling all day and selling cards to try and acquire the funds to get a game or two I wanted, but it's the holiday season and so I thought I'd use my only pennies giving back to you guys, it's not much but it's all I got :3

Thanks for Super Hexagon Anustart! I played it a bit on a friend's phone, it's time to try it on my computer!

Jak140

Gah. I want Rogue Legacy, but $5 seems a bit much for a game I probably won't end up playing for more than 20 min before it ends up in a Humble Bundle. I have so many unplayed games in my library it isn't even funny.

Edit: Everyone who doesn't have Super Hexagon should buy it now. 59 cents is a goddamn steal for one of the best games I've ever played.

Along with the Ace Patrols I just bought Day of Defeat and Day of Defeat: Source for 1€ and 2€ respectively from greenmangaming. This means I now have every Valve game on Steam.

Wait, I don't own Ricochet..

Valve Complete Pack is 22,49€ here

Tellaerin

Okay, you've gotta be kidding me.

I held off on picking up Lost Planet 2 the other day. Even though it was listed as 75% off, I thought I ought to take my own advice and wait to see if it turned up as a daily or flash sale before pulling the trigger. Instead, I see it's gone back up to full price again. >_<

woot!! Lego Marvel bought from Amazon. now I will wait for Castle of Illusion and Ducktales, and I'm done, unless Spelunky gets a flash or daily deal

One of my favorite Source Engine based games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-1B6E88FFBE7BBDF2 - Taken by Melhisedek

Jawmuncher

Okay, you've gotta be kidding me.

I held off on picking up Lost Planet 2 the other day. Even though it was listed as 75% off, I thought I ought to take my own advice and wait to see if it turned up as a daily or flash sale before pulling the trigger. Instead, I see it's gone back up to full price again. >_<

I bet it'll pop back up.
More than likely when LP3 is a daily which i'm highly betting on. Though odd to get rid of the discount when before it even said it lasts until the end.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
How often does Half Life Complete go on sale? I know it went on sale last winter but I didn't get it

Probably. It goes on sale at least once. GMG has a valve collection for $20 with the code. On my phone, otherwise I would link it. Or at least copy and paste what was in the collection.

Probably. It goes on sale at least once. GMG has a valve collection for $20 with the code. On my phone, otherwise I would link it. Or at least copy and paste what was in the collection.

Yeah it's a great deal, if someone does not have much Valve's games, now's your chance. Its double the price on steam

Every Valve game
for under 20$ with the voucher GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49. Doesn't get any more real than that.

Omega

Banned

yeah I know, but I already own every Valve game except for Half Life lol

I could also get Half Life Complete from there.
but i need cards man

Arthea

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Borderlands 2 -- MB-236B0D3899B39905

t1387969087z1.png

good luck!
sounds ironic coming from me (><)

and Merry Xmas

KarmaCow

RainBlood(It needs more love) and Teslagrad is what I'm waiting for to go on sale. If it doesn't, I'll get them regardless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVFKKHjHUt0

RainBlood is pretty great, and this is minor thing but the achievements are still bugged and wont unlock. The game also has a bunch of little bugs, nothing game breaking but the radio silence from the developers is kinda worrying. It sounded like they had some issues with the publisher, hopefully that gets worked out soon.

Madridy

Got Tomb Raider for $5 from Amazon.

Anyone know if it is possible to activate the game w/o access to the client?

Need remotely to start the download, but I'm currently stuck at work.

You should be able to activate it with the mobile app.

but of course you can't...

$5. That's almost criminal. It's a pity Amazon UK doesn't sell Steam digital games. It almost makes me bitter that it's £5.99 on Steam UK. I'm paying nearly double.
It's still cheap, mind you

Vazduh

What do you think, will Snow globe cards prices go up on the last hours of Steam sale (since they are valid until January 3rd)?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
What do you think, will Snow globe cards prices go up on the last hours of Steam sale (since they are valid until January 3rd)?

I hope so. I'm not selling my cards since idiots want to crash the prices. Will wait it out until they go back up(if they do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom